Center Partners

Updated December 4, 2014
2.9

Center Partners CEO David Geiger
David Geiger

Pros
  • As others have said, really great people (in 5 reviews)

• They offer pretty good benefits for what the job is, plus the pay is decent (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no flexibility due to high turnover which is a direct result of the cons mentioned here (in 3 reviews)

• Dealing with the "I wants of society", the low pay; being open on major holidays (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Realistic Expectations

Former Employee - Phone Representative in Liberty Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Phone Representative in Liberty Lake, WA

I worked at Center Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For the area, the pay is very competitive for people without experience and or further education. A good place to begin your work history and acquire some basic skills in communication.

Cons

High stress at times and the culture can pull you down. Managers are a hit and miss, some are phenomenal and others are grandfathered in.

Engage your employees with the intent to serve them better.

Room to learn, low pay, hard hours.

Former Employee - Phone Call Tech in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Phone Call Tech in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Center Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with is great, and you have a lot of room to learn and grow.

Cons

The higher management is typically clueless or single sighted. Most well trained or good people end up moving away from the company.

Invest more in the people and offer less stress and less hours.

Call center that gave me the work experience necessary to better my resume.

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Center Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They hire a wide spectrum of people. Relaxed work environment with very open time-off scheduling.

Cons

If the call flow isn't there, you may not be getting paid for a while. They have mandatory time off the phones when calls aren't coming in, which means you don't get paid. You also can not get a raise working on the floor taking calls. You have to get promoted to get paid more. High turnover, tough employees.

There was definitely an underlying culture of dishonest sales/retention agents that consistently got rewarded for doctoring their stats. There were also employees/upper management involved in a MLM company. One seemed to also have a higher chance of getting promoted if involved in the MLM company which at times seemed incredibly unfair.

Career opportunities are available if you work for it.

Former Employee - Sales Director in Idaho Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Idaho Falls, ID

I worked at Center Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, employee focused, amazing incentives for top performers, recognizing of a job well done, able to work with fortune 500 clients

Cons

The benefits packages are lacking when compared to other companies, the career advancement opportunities end at middle management unless someone dies or there is a termination.

It was ok...for awhile.

I have been working at Center Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It was a job, that paid bills

Cons

They couldn't really seem to make up their minds as to what they were doing.

Stop feeling so Self Important.

It really is a great place to work because of your coworkers and the company.

I have been working at Center Partners

Pros

it is really a great place to work your coworkers are awesome the company is awesome and if you're great at sales, then you WILL make a lot of money at this company.

Cons

the benefits at this company are not the greatest but the benefits are not great at a lot of companies out there. the one thing I really dislike about my job is how bad I can feel about myself if I don't make good sales everyday. you can really start to feel bad about yourself like you're bringing your team down and things like that but that's on me not the company. they say your job is not sales but it is. the only other thing that I really dislike about my job are the tools that they give us to make our sales, like the software we use or websites to go to for information, they get a lot errors or don't work like they're supposed to or they take away a website that we go to for information that we need and it's really frustrating because you make the sale because the customer wants to place an order but for whatever reason the software you're using gets errors and you cannot finish the order and you lose the sale because you cannot finish the order. it is so absolutely frustrating that I am doing my job and I'm making the sales but my tools suck so bad that I lose the sale and we are just supposed to deal with it. I just don't understand how they think its okay to lose all of these sales because of stupid errors. It is ridiculous. It's frustrating for us as employees and for our clients customers cuz they spend a long long time on the phone with us because we have so many issues just trying to place their order. I don't even want to think about how much money our client loses every year because of the issues we have with our software etc. it must be millions of dollars every year in losses that's all I can say.

get better tools for us so we can do what our client pays us to do

Overall a good experience, until recently

I worked at Center Partners full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility: if you were in an admin or tech position as I was, you were able to work with the company to change your schedule fairly painlessly.
    Culture: until the board got rid of Geiger so they could sell off the company, it really felt like CP cared about you personally.

Cons

Politics: a lot of people managed to schmooze their way to the top and made life worse for everyone below them.
    Pay: Below industry standard.

Ok, while it lasted.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Center Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Considering the fact that, I only worked her for a couple months before I received an offer from a different company. Co-workers are very helpful when your learning the job, if they are not busy themselves. They feed you a lot and do a lot of company wide celebrations.

Cons

They really watch how much time you are spending on your calls and breaks very carefully. Every minute is accounted for, which can make it stressful when your still learning the job. Sometimes the phones are so busy you don't have a minute to breath between calls, much less catch up on notes. So, you better learn how to get your notes in during the call pretty quickly.
    You are required to work at least on weekend day.

Don't really have advice for Management right now.

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU GO THERE!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coeur d'Alene, ID

I have been working at Center Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CLOSE TO HOME, PAYS .25 MORE AN HOUR THE MCDONALDS

Cons

they pay you .25 cents more an hour then Mcdonalds, there is no moving up unless you are good friends with the management team, there incentive has decreased dirastically since they sold out to Qualfon, they have super poor management with little to no experience. mostly kids work there. the turn over rate is the highest of any job in kootenai County. they will fire you for the smallest things. i was a consistent top performer, employee of the month, and was there nearly 2 years this time around. trust me when i say not to go there. check into other companies like Alliance |Data in cda. unlike center partners who never gives raises and only decreases incentive, Alliance Data provides real competitive wages, super awesome benefits withing 30 days.i just applied there and my friend who just started there makes $5 more bucks an hour then any center partners agent and we both just left Center Partners not to long ago. everyone is leaving center partners and going to alliance data. you get paid more at alliance data as a simple agent then most supervisors at Center partners. with Alliance Data the wages are remarkable, the 401k is unique and great for the 401k starts the day you start, and they match dollar for dollar$$$$ on your 401k too!. they treat you like kings and queens. no drama, non smoking campus, and no stress or childish workplace with children for your Supervisor! are you tired of being paid what others are being paid yet you do 3 times the work and have 2 times the experience, then you should not consider Center Partners. Center Partners just simply cant match mcdonalds wages or benefits. its a pathetic company with a pathetic reputation in this community. dont waste your time on that company. just ask your neighbor or your friend at school. they probably worked there at one time too!

ya they need to be randomly drug tested since they all do drugs and hr wont do nothing about it.

Not That Bad

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Center Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers are awesome people. Supervisors (at least on the account I work for) are supportive and the training was very informative. Compassionate about time off due to family/health issues, which is a big plus as well. There are opportunities for growth/promotion* The pay is OK for what you have to do.

Cons

Nothing major...though it is now Qualfon, and one of the company's mission values includes a belief in "God", which is weird (not spirituality in itself, just a company "policy" of sorts - though if that's your thing, maybe it's a pro). The job can often times be tedious based on repetition and the fact people are generally idiots. *I'm sure some of the promotion is based on who you know/buddies, though that's nearly any job. Don't schedule around buses for employees who rely on public transportation.

There are people who've worked here a loooong time, and I'm sure they would appreciate raises! Just stay focused on the employees as a rule. Customers are important, but if you lose good support, then, ultimately, you lose good customers.

Center Partners Photos