Center for Vein Restoration

Sanjiv Lakhanpal MD

Clinical Services

Current Employee - Clinical Director  in  Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Clinical Director in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Center for Vein Restoration part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good for Part Time work hours

Cons

None at this present time

Nothing at this present time

Stay Away from Center for Vein Restoration

Former Employee - Site Supervisor
    Former Employee - Site Supervisor

I worked at Center for Vein Restoration full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The co-workers are the best reason to work for this company. Compensation not to bad.

Cons

Over-worked employees. Some employees working 14 hour days cause for many mistakes. Large exodus of employees over 200 in 2 years. This company lost 20 doctors in 2 years. Working with mediocre doctors. RN's being replaced with uneducated medical assistants. Upper management manages by Intimidation and screaming. Upper management is destroying the company. Employee morale is very low. Employees only doing what is necessary. NUMBERS is what it is all about. Not patient care. Doctors and staff receive BONUS for number of procedures. Treatment plans have too many procedures. Doctors are in competition with each other for number of procedures performed and quickest time in procedures. NOT GOOD. I would tell patients to run and not stay with this company.

Get rid of present Upper Management. Dead wood. Over compensated. Change the name and start over. The name Center for Vein Restoration - you are not restoring veins you are destroying veins.

Disorganized Mess!

I worked at Center for Vein Restoration full-time

Pros

Co-workers, a majority of them, were great to work with. The CEO is a great doctor with a good reputation in the community, I would never take that from him.

Cons

There is no leadership here. There is never positive reinforcement, as you only hear about what you have done wrong. Poor communication. Upper management is never wrong. If you ask questions about why things are being done a certain way, you don't get an answer, just "that's the way it is". Unethical practices, if you have a license be careful, you are at risk of losing it. Too much rotation of staff to different locations and schedule would change everyday. Appointments would be so close, you were always behind just to play catch up at the end of the day. This could make for an, unplanned, long day which complicates life at home. Policies written by those who have never practiced healthcare. No room for advancement with this company. Exit interview requested twice, never called regarding my request.

Allow the staff that's working with the patients to make some of the decisions, at least ask their opinion. May want to consider taking a close look at the management between yourselves and the office staff, they are part of the problem. Work at building morale amongst the staff because if you listen closely, I mean really listen, you may just learn something that could help move the company in the right direction because it's slowly going down the tubes.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting, growing, potential to be great very soon!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Center for Vein Restoration full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many previous posts have considered the company run by a physician is a negative. I will say that part of the company's strength is that it is run by a physician who always has the patients and the clinical staff in mind. This is the first company I have ever worked for in which clinical outcomes and patients satisfaction come above and beyond everything else. I believe this is because of the physician leadership. Because clinical care is so important and volumes are so high, I realize that I am so much better now at what I do than I ever was at my previous jobs.

Cons

It is an aggressively growing company and change is part of the culture. Volumes tend to swing tremendously, and depending on the season, it can get very busy. You do work here and it is not a place for the weak.

Clinical leadership has been a strength of the company since the beginning. Do not change!

Love the company - sorry had to leave for personal reasons

Former Employee - Vascular Technologist
    Former Employee - Vascular Technologist

I worked at Center for Vein Restoration full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Doctors very pssionate about what they do - lead by a very energetic CEO.
    Great to see a growth company still thinking first about the patient.

Cons

If you are lazy and just for a paycheck you will not last here

Please do not ever move your focus from the patients. CVR will continue to thrive as long as you continue to put 'patients first'.

Very well run - No nonsense company, that cares about patients only!

Former Employee - PSR
    Former Employee - PSR

I worked at Center for Vein Restoration full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rapidly growing company, that will not tolerate less than complete commitment to the patients
    The senior staff works very hard and expects everybody to have the same work ethic

Cons

Do not expect the same commitment from all comers. That is why we chose the less involved roles in life.

Growing Dynamic Company that delivers excellent patient care.

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Center for Vein Restoration full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company that is growing, employees feel they are the company.

Cons

As company has grown so has its ability to be nimble.

Remember the intuition is as good as numbers. It is also what was driven success to this point.

This company is the worst place I have ever worked!

I have been working at Center for Vein Restoration

Pros

Decent compensation but no opportunity for growth.

Cons

I wouldn't recommend working at this company to anyone. The company has to pick and choose which bills to pay in order to meet payroll. They had to lay off a greater portion of the corporate office and also clinical staff which in turn has caused a lot of panic and very low morale. Please trust me when I say this company is going down the tubes fast...You can't have a "Dr." trying to run the company that has no business knowledge or understanding.

Clean house with upper management, you are way to top heavy to survive.

Potential trampled by greed

Former Employee - Technician  in  Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Technician in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Center for Vein Restoration full-time for more than a year

Pros

People that have stayed loyal to the company, most who probably can't find other work, are friendly. There are a few doctors who care about their patients and not just money.

Cons

The CEO is more interested in making money than the well being of his employees. Don't expect any recognition unless you are willing to make this job your life. Too many physicians involved in business operations which turns the company into a money pit. It does not have the organization or leadership to be profitable in the long run. Be prepared to lose your job at any time.

I did notice about 2 or 3 very intelligent people in upper management who would be better apt to make business structures and decisions than the CEO. I think if there was a power shift, the company may be able to shift into being the corporation it hopes to be, rather than collapsing under current management.

Losing money. Management-by-intimidation. No structure.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Center for Vein Restoration full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some nice people, hard working staff...but the good ones are leaving fast.

Cons

Top management has very little corporate experience, but are trying to run a "growth company". CEO is a doctor who makes business decisions based on emotion, temper flare-ups, and the opinions of his well-paid doctor underlings (known by the employees as "The Posse" and "The Porsche Club"). No solid structure for corporate employees; no clear direction or expectations, just "do your best" (do my best WHAT?!?). Clinic employees experience a great deal of management-by-yelling. Management tried to hire an HR Director - went through six in two years. The company has investors, and keeps on opening more and more new clinics - except these clinics are only open one or two days/week. Patient appointments are declining, and sales people are being given impossible growth goals to make up the difference.

Please...do your employees a favor: go to Business School! Doctors do NOT know how to run companies.

Worked for Center for Vein Restoration? Contribute to the Community!