Center for Vein Restoration

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sanjiv Lakhanpal MD

Exciting, growing, potential to be great very soon!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Silver Spring, MD

ProsMany previous posts have considered the company run by a physician is a negative. I will say that part of the company's strength is that it is run by a physician who always has the patients and the clinical staff in mind. This is the first company I have ever worked for in which clinical outcomes and patients satisfaction come above and beyond everything else. I believe this is because of the physician leadership. Because clinical care is so important and volumes are so high, I realize that I am so much better now at what I do than I ever was at my previous jobs.

ConsIt is an aggressively growing company and change is part of the culture. Volumes tend to swing tremendously, and depending on the season, it can get very busy. You do work here and it is not a place for the weak.

Advice to Senior ManagementClinical leadership has been a strength of the company since the beginning. Do not change!

Stay Away from Center for Vein Restoration

Site Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsThe co-workers are the best reason to work for this company. Compensation not to bad.

ConsOver-worked employees. Some employees working 14 hour days cause for many mistakes. Large exodus of employees over 200 in 2 years. This company lost 20 doctors in 2 years. Working with mediocre doctors. RN's being replaced with uneducated medical assistants. Upper management manages by Intimidation and screaming. Upper management is destroying the company. Employee morale is very low. Employees only doing what is necessary. NUMBERS is what it is all about. Not patient care. Doctors and staff receive BONUS for number of procedures. Treatment plans have too many procedures. Doctors are in competition with each other for number of procedures performed and quickest time in procedures. NOT GOOD. I would tell patients to run and not stay with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of present Upper Management. Dead wood. Over compensated. Change the name and start over. The name Center for Vein Restoration - you are not restoring veins you are destroying veins.

Disorganized Mess!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers, a majority of them, were great to work with. The CEO is a great doctor with a good reputation in the community, I would never take that from him.

ConsThere is no leadership here. There is never positive reinforcement, as you only hear about what you have done wrong. Poor communication. Upper management is never wrong. If you ask questions about why things are being done a certain way, you don't get an answer, just "that's the way it is". Unethical practices, if you have a license be careful, you are at risk of losing it. Too much rotation of staff to different locations and schedule would change everyday. Appointments would be so close, you were always behind just to play catch up at the end of the day. This could make for an, unplanned, long day which complicates life at home. Policies written by those who have never practiced healthcare. No room for advancement with this company. Exit interview requested twice, never called regarding my request.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the staff that's working with the patients to make some of the decisions, at least ask their opinion. May want to consider taking a close look at the management between yourselves and the office staff, they are part of the problem. Work at building morale amongst the staff because if you listen closely, I mean really listen, you may just learn something that could help move the company in the right direction because it's slowly going down the tubes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love the company - sorry had to leave for personal reasons

Vascular Technologist (Former Employee)

ProsDoctors very pssionate about what they do - lead by a very energetic CEO.
    Great to see a growth company still thinking first about the patient.

ConsIf you are lazy and just for a paycheck you will not last here

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do not ever move your focus from the patients. CVR will continue to thrive as long as you continue to put 'patients first'.

Very well run - No nonsense company, that cares about patients only!

PSR (Former Employee)

ProsRapidly growing company, that will not tolerate less than complete commitment to the patients
    The senior staff works very hard and expects everybody to have the same work ethic

ConsRapidly growing company, that will not tolerate less than complete commitment to the patients

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not expect the same commitment from all comers. That is why we chose the less involved roles in life.

Growing Dynamic Company that delivers excellent patient care.

Senior Director (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsCompany that is growing, employees feel they are the company.

ConsAs company has grown so has its ability to be nimble.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the intuition is as good as numbers. It is also what was driven success to this point.

This company is the worst place I have ever worked!

ProsDecent compensation but no opportunity for growth.

ConsI wouldn't recommend working at this company to anyone. The company has to pick and choose which bills to pay in order to meet payroll. They had to lay off a greater portion of the corporate office and also clinical staff which in turn has caused a lot of panic and very low morale. Please trust me when I say this company is going down the tubes fast...You can't have a "Dr." trying to run the company that has no business knowledge or understanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house with upper management, you are way to top heavy to survive.

Potential trampled by greed

Technician (Former Employee) Greenbelt, MD

ProsPeople that have stayed loyal to the company, most who probably can't find other work, are friendly. There are a few doctors who care about their patients and not just money.

ConsThe CEO is more interested in making money than the well being of his employees. Don't expect any recognition unless you are willing to make this job your life. Too many physicians involved in business operations which turns the company into a money pit. It does not have the organization or leadership to be profitable in the long run. Be prepared to lose your job at any time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI did notice about 2 or 3 very intelligent people in upper management who would be better apt to make business structures and decisions than the CEO. I think if there was a power shift, the company may be able to shift into being the corporation it hopes to be, rather than collapsing under current management.

Losing money. Management-by-intimidation. No structure.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Greenbelt, MD

ProsSome nice people, hard working staff...but the good ones are leaving fast.

ConsTop management has very little corporate experience, but are trying to run a "growth company". CEO is a doctor who makes business decisions based on emotion, temper flare-ups, and the opinions of his well-paid doctor underlings (known by the employees as "The Posse" and "The Porsche Club"). No solid structure for corporate employees; no clear direction or expectations, just "do your best" (do my best WHAT?!?). Clinic employees experience a great deal of management-by-yelling. Management tried to hire an HR Director - went through six in two years. The company has investors, and keeps on opening more and more new clinics - except these clinics are only open one or two days/week. Patient appointments are declining, and sales people are being given impossible growth goals to make up the difference.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease...do your employees a favor: go to Business School! Doctors do NOT know how to run companies.

why did I come here

Database Manager (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD

Prosa good service for the old

Consno real personal interaction with clients

Advice to Senior Managementpoor lack of conviction

Worked for Center for Vein Restoration? Contribute to the Community!