CenterLight Health System

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Michael S. Fassler

Awesome Environment

Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) Flushing, NY

ProsReally see what Medicare and Healthcare is all about when you work here.

ConsHigh volume phone calls and paperwork

Transportation Coordinator,

ProsWorking at Centerlight is so rewarding, I am able to see smiles on the faces of the Elders every day they make me feel blessed and honored to be able to help. I look forward to work everyday, but unfortunately I am a temporary employee and there is a freeze within the company.

ConsSome of the challenges are cleaning up the mess the last temp left. But on the bright side of things that person enabled me to be here. God is Great.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn time maybe you will be able to go electronic as far as the files. Other than that three thumbs up.

Poor leadership, sinking ship

ProsCoworkers are really nice and supportive

ConsNo leadership, top heavy, promotions and rewards for loyalty as opposed to credentials, no initiative to assist with employees' career growth, implemented recently a performance evaluation system in order to let people go without repercussions

Advice to Senior ManagementThe whole foundation of the company is broken. Fix it before even considering trying to implement anything else. Restructure the organization so there isn't 4 VPs to every 5 staff members

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, potential to be a great place to work

ProsThe people are fantastic, mission-driven, happy to work with our members. The organization is growing so there is potential for promotion and salary increases.

ConsSometimes it seems like the people making decisions are not connected to the actual work we do.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk with your front line staff more.

Disappointing. For a healthcare company they care nothing about people, just numbers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bronx, NY

ProsSalary and benefits are decent.

Consdisregard for humanity.
    worst management I have ever come across.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the mission of your agency. You are NOT Goldman Sachs and claim to be a not-for profit company. Act like one.

CenterLight Healthcare (formerly known as Comprehensive Care Management)

ProsBecoming family to seniors and the frail elderly who otherwise would have no family at all gives you joy that you're able to contribute to their lives.

ConsThe working bees in the PACE and ACS sites are not given the necessary tools to get the job done and are overlooked.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with the working bees and apply their suggestions to new policies and procedures. Empower employees, and initiate mandatory hiring from within.

Gain a lot of experience working for this company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to gain experience and grow.

ConsEnvironment is a good place to work, besides for new management.

Stay away - couldn't give away zero ratings

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshas/had some smart and kind people working there; good union

Conshas some greedy and irresponsible people; lost lots of great compassionate healthcare people because of the long hours - overworked with no additional compensation and no time off possible because of the big workload and the company has no money. you try so hard to meet impossible deadlines and requirements - when they actually want to follow the rules instead of bending them. only people left in management are arrogant people who think that they can keep pushing you while threatening you with layoffs. most are out of touch with their employees and pretend that they know what they are doing. staff can't do anything but laugh behind their backs out of frustration because they don't know what they are talking about.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees and patients by seeing them as people and not dollar signs. Shame on you! Changing your name is nothing when you stand for darkness not light. What a joke. This place was also known as Beth Abraham, Comprehensive Care, Margaret Tietz and so many other bogus names. You keep changing the name but your core stays the same - rotten.

Worked for CenterLight Health System? Contribute to the Community!