Centerplate
www.centerplate.com Greenville, SC 5000+ Employees

Centerplate Reviews in Denver, CO

Updated Mar 27, 2014
Centerplate – New Orleans – “Mercedes-Benz Superdome”

Centerplate President and CEO Desmond (Des) Hague

Desmond (Des) Hague

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My experience with Centerplate has always been a good one

Executive Chef (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

Prosprofessionally run well organized, competitive

Consseasonal location difficult to offer staffing advancement. Seems as though there isn't allot of growth for someone in the culinary department unless one is to move to the General manager position

Advice to Senior Managementget to know lower level managers

The job is what you make of it

Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsGet to be at large-scale events, good atmosphere. Company is showing progress after an embezzlement scandal, when I first started my franchise was extremely dis functional. Employees are very friendly to one another, and supportive of one another.

ConsManagement is somewhat out of touch, scheduled very sporadic some days are very long while others you get laid off. People are dramatic and company culture revolves around the various department crews.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more consistent with employees hours. Some weeks you have 20 hours, the next week 60+ hours and the third week 0 hours. This is how management cuts costs.

Overview of working at Centerplate

Catering Sales (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsWorking for large venues, working as back up managment at big events at other Centerplate properties (ie. Superbowl, Conventions, Neighboring sister properties), tickets and access to great events held at these venue

ConsLow salary, no bonus system, no commission. Long hours, lots of weekends, limited free time and for low pay, it makes it difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe strong on your salary requirements. Once you get in the door they will work you like a dog, so make sure you are making what you're worth.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Centerplate has provided me with a quality long term oppertunity for stable, inspiring employment

Culinary (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsExcellent leadership, quality vision, stable planning, friendly envroment and clear direction on the expectations makes Centerplate a great company to work for. Well networked and team orientated with multipul oppertunities to advancement and growth keep the staff inspired and eagar to learn and grow.

ConsSuper high expectations which force every one to preform above and beyond the level that they may enter the company at. Consistant persuit of excellance which forces all staff to work to their full potential. Where some people thrive in this high presure enviroment, some folks are unable to live up to the expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistancy on comunication from the top down and maintaing equal expectations for all, mamagement staff members equally would make our work enviroment more conducive to success

I have a very good experience at centerplate lots of oppurtunity

Denver, CO

Prosgrowth options, new groups, returning groups, able to travel to different Centerplate sites to help and meet fellow centerplate employees and different practices

ConsLong hours not much family time, lower pay, takes a long time to get full time status or insurance for employees and its expensive and its only a mediocure coverage

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more and follow thru with staff on needs and spend time trying to understand every position that it takes to run operations etc....

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

good busy days friendly people

Event Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsFriendly people, great time while working for the most part. Drama free and decent pay for what I'm doing. Growth opportunities i'm not so sure of but I am looking into them

ConsI feel as with a little more equipment we could have much more efficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk to see what your employee's think that they can do to better the company in happier employee's and events more productive, timely and can be done with better planning, this is all possible with very little investment on equipment.

Worked for Centerplate? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Centerplate reviews and ratings in Denver, CO — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Centerplate CEO Desmond (Des) Hague. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Centerplate employees.