Centerstone of Indiana Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
David C. Guth, Jr.

1. Great coworkers and atmosphere. Management needs help.

Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Martinsville, IN
    Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Martinsville, IN

I worked at Centerstone of Indiana full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed my co-workers and clients. Great scheduling with being able to be in the office and take appointments outside as well. Independent work with collaboration with others.

Cons

Supervisor was hard to get in contact with, questions could hopefully be answered by other staff. Supervisor was also inconsistant with answers when you could get in contact. Job never felt secure even though I had great reviews.

2. Needs Improvement

Current Employee - Therapist in Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Therapist in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Centerstone of Indiana full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diverse experiences with a wide range of mental health issues. Lots of resources in-house to meet complex client needs.

Cons

Low rates of compensation, high turnover, and lack of investment in quality staff.

Advice to Management

Invest in developing happier staff and revenue will increase.

3. Do yourself a favor and do not apply

Current Employee - Professional in Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Professional in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Centerstone of Indiana full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great clients, and few staff actually care about the job they do.

Cons

I could go on all day! Low pay, your work will never be recognized, the staff are immature, feels like junior high!

Advice to Management

've been with this company 7 years now, worked my behind off and gave them my best, not one raise, while co workers who do not even try to care are promoted and given raises! And when I asked what I was doing wrong, I was told I needed to network more! Seriously? The management is hands down the worst I have EVER worked for!

5. Full time therapist for seven years and two years as a group home tech

I worked at Centerstone of Indiana full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Access to resources for professional development; a lot of fun people to work with; able to provide a service to many who can benefit from your work.

Cons

Salary is low for positions; top heavy management structure that is often setting unattainable goals; work culture where many feel the need to secretly work extra time: too dependent on Medicaid for payment.

Advice to Management

New upper management with more innovative ideas; setting reasonable goals; finding alternative payor sources.

6. Difficult work-family balance, best for a single person just getting started in their career.

Former Employee - Therapist
    Former Employee - Therapist

I worked at Centerstone of Indiana full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some offices have great, fun, compassionate staff. Some offices allow a great deal of autonomy and experimentation. Working with the clients is very rewarding; full of variety and interesting. Each office is different. I would talk to employees of the particular office in which you are interested before making a decision.

Cons

1. Inflexible upper level management, not concerned about employee needs. This affects all offices to an extent. 2. Low salary for the amount of time worked, slightly lower than average for an average work week and lower than that for the large caseloads assigned. This affects all offices. 3.Incredibly high case loads in some offices 4. Management uses threats more often than coaching or appreciation as motivators. This is more true in some offices than others. The immediate supervisor sets the tone in each office, so who that person is makes a big difference. 5. Wage and hiring freezes are not uncommon, for all offices.

Advice to Management

Showing more respect to your employees and valuing their input will help you a great deal. It will reduce turn-over. Smaller caseloads are essential in some offices. If the office is lacking a therapist or case manager for a long period of time, such as a year, this puts too much stress on other employees. If a manager allows this to happen for a very long period of time, I think they should take up a reasonable portion of the workload of that missing employee, rather than allocating most of it to the others. Lower level managers need to advocate more for their employees, and possibly need to be listened to more by upper level management. Example; if salary is too low to attract any therapist for a year, upper level management needs to listen to lower level management and realize they must offer something more. This may not mean a larger salary. Some compromises could mean the offering of a signing bonus, more job flexibility, or more vacation time. Employees in some offices are strongly discouraged from taking their vacation time if they have not met productivity quotas, even threatened out of taking it. Employees are told they must meet their quotas on a monthly basis, regardless of whether they take time off. I believe this is borderline when it comes to employment law, given that the time off is part of the benefits package. Centerstone offers a generous vacation time package. Maybe the solution would be to offer less and then remove obstacles to taking it.

7. Look Elsewhere

Former Employee - Therapist in Columbus, IN
    Former Employee - Therapist in Columbus, IN

I worked at Centerstone of Indiana full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Schedule Benefits Compassionate Coworkers There is nothing else positive N/A

Cons

Understaffed Overworked Underpaid Heavy Caseload Poor Management Crooked Billing Practices

Advice to Management

Provide more staffing so more patients can be seen while also taking care of the mental health of your staff. Most staff is burnt out and not treated as if management cared. Management often just placates staff and long-term problems continue with no solutions. Retention rate is awful yet management doesn't seem to care.

8. seems good at first

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

I worked at Centerstone of Indiana full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-good pay -good place to work if you enjoy being fake around the people you work with

Cons

-work with people who constantly lie -higher ups do not care if employees confide in them about problem with a team leader -extremely political -very crooked company

Advice to Management

Care more

9. i love my job!

I have been working at Centerstone of Indiana full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

working with people is very rewarding for me. the flexibility at centerstone is phenomenal. i know many people who have left centerstone for other mental health positions, only to return to centerstone, which tells me that others believe its a great place to work.

Cons

mental health is a difficult field--there are always stressors. many that are out of our control--like changes to state and federal funding

Advice to Management

continue to support front line staff with competitive compensation, flexibility of schedules and honoring staff's hard work!

RSS Feed </> Embed