Centerstone of Tennessee

Updated July 5, 2014
Updated July 5, 2014

David C. Guth, Jr.
1 Rating

Great place to work within the realm of IT

Current Employee - Desktop Support Specialist  in  Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Specialist in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Centerstone of Tennessee full-time for more than a year

Pros

very team driven, micromanagement is kept down to a minimum, given a company smart phone and laptop, extra pay of on call times, paid travel, training is provided for any areas you are not familiar with, friendly staff, allowed PTO time for personal days or vacation, great place to grow you skills working in an IT enterprise environment.

Cons

Pay isn't too great, insurance is "ok"....they try to make up for the high deductible with an HRA and having no co-pay

A real burn-out...

Current Employee - Clinical Social Worker  in  Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Clinical Social Worker in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Centerstone of Tennessee full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Centerstone is a good place to gain experience. Clinical social workers work with a pool of social workers, from whom they can get feedback and advice.

Cons

The paperwork is emmense, caseloads are between 75-100 clients per social worker, and often one can only see one's clients once a month. For very ill clients, this is not clinically appropriate. I would work in clients at risk by working for part of my lunch hour, or working late. I usually worked ten hour days, for pay that was slightly below the national average.

Talk more with your employees about their needs. See your job as removing obstacles to their success, rather than threatening them into performing better, despite glaring obstacles.

Followed supervisor around for a few days then it was like I should know everything.

I have been working at Centerstone of Tennessee full-time for less than a year

Pros

They offer good benefits and the pay is ok.

Cons

When you accept their job proposal, you will need to get what is promised in writing before continuing because they will not follow through on the things they promise.

First send employees to their orientation BEFORE they have been working for two months and secondly, they should train employees differently by providing information on how to use Centernet.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Underpaid and undervalued.

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Centerstone of Tennessee full-time for more than a year

Pros

Helping people in your community better their lives. Work with nice people. Independent work environment.

Cons

Underpaid. Not very many opportunities for advancement. Wear and tear on personal vehicle.

It is wrong to inform employees that they will have 10 days of vacation time without productivity requirements, and without warning expect them to make up that productivity in the last quarter of the fiscal year. It is unfair and disrespectful to your employees.

A lot of it depends on who your program/supervisor is. . .

Current Employee - Community Based Worker Program Unspecified  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Community Based Worker Program Unspecified in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Centerstone of Tennessee full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

fun coworkers, opportunities to bonus, training potential (great for people starting out in their career).

Cons

productivity expectations- you are expected to make it even if there are things outside your control like no shows, sickness, low caseload, etc.
    Workers don't get raises and some have been at same pay rate for 5 yrs.
    I'm looking to leave because I don't trust my supervisor or her supervisor.

We can't hang the moon in the sky. Stop acting like we should be able to.

Positive working environment and co-workers.

I worked at Centerstone of Tennessee full-time

Pros

Team Players. Mission statement. Dedication to individual care

Cons

Turnover of staff members and supervisors.

Great company, C&Y program changes often

Current Employee - Community Support Specialist - C&Y
    Current Employee - Community Support Specialist - C&Y

I have been working at Centerstone of Tennessee full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent co-workers. Direct supervision and team members seem to really value cooperative input. Working with individuals who often need your assistance in navigating social services and mental health treatment.

Cons

Majority of client contacts occur in home or school. There are too many factors out of your control that will hinder 100 % compliance.

More opportunities to receive VPUs as this is the only real marker of success, and the one that is most important at end of month reviews.

Nothing matters unless you have a degree

I worked at Centerstone of Tennessee

Pros

they developed a automatic systems for raises based off time spent in the compnay

Cons

If you're anything like a behavioral tech and interact with the clients regularly they will not take what you have observed into consideration. They will ignore the issue until it become obivious that the client will cause a problem. NO respect

Listen to the people who interact with them more and take what they say into consideration.

Rehabilitation Specialist

Current Employee - Rehabilitation Specialist  in  Columbus, IN
    Current Employee - Rehabilitation Specialist in Columbus, IN

I have been working at Centerstone of Tennessee full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many great people to work with, and the hours are flexible. Tuition reimbursement is ok, great place to get started in the mental health field.

Cons

Like with any government funded program there is a lot if red tape. not much communication from the managers unless you are doing something wrong. easy to get burned out if you are not careful. low pay below the national average.

really listen to those doing all the work and making the revenue they are working hard and not getting paid nearly enough.

I work in Indiana with Centerstone

Current Employee - Case Manager  in  Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Bloomington, IN

Pros

Casual work environment, creativity is encouraged, forward thinking organization in terms of client care. Team work is encouraged. Hourly wages are not great, but are balanced by other benefits.

Cons

Leadership in some areas is less than stellar. Some managers are underqualified and do not have necessary skills or training. New therapists/counselors should receive more supervision.

We have managers, but we need leaders. New therapists should be more adequately supervised to ensure quality care.

Worked for Centerstone of Tennessee? Contribute to the Community!