CentiMark

Updated October 31, 2014
Updated October 31, 2014
2.1

Edward B. Dunlap

Great company to work for but needs more room for advancement.

Current Employee - Tech Representative in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Tech Representative in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at CentiMark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great fast paced environment. I love working closely with management to secure new leads and lock down the next sale. Was given a company truck, cell phone, and lap top.

Cons

Ok compensation. I think that they could give some incentive to the tech reps to amp up their performance. Better hotel stays as well while on the road.

Never have I worked for so many men that claim they know what there doing and dont. Experience has been awful.

Current Employee - Foreman in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Foreman in Memphis, TN

I have been working at CentiMark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Insurance is all can say is keeping me here. Corporate needs to do a deep house cleaning and remove all the want to be roofers, starting with the memphis area.

Cons

My challanges are the people that are suppose to be leading by example. Instead they belittle you and treat you like your a nobody. It all starts in the office and how I said they need to hire people with experience and remove all those people that like hiding the truth about what's really going on.

Clean house and a good start would be in the memphis area! Send someone to investigate what's really going on.

Marketing Representative

Current Employee - Marketing Representative
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative

I have been working at CentiMark part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is decent and the work is easy

Cons

Management is a joke!--Completely incompetent and dishonest. They never fire anyone. Half of the people I work with show up to work wasted or they look like they just rolled out of bed. They treat good employees poorly and value the slackers. They find ways to cheat you out of your pay and your work is constantly stolen and others reap the benefit.

You should keep a closer eye on the Stow Ohio managers.

Un-inspiring and political driven old boy network

Current Employee - Customer Service in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at CentiMark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They allow you to get as much overtime as you like (the customer pays for it) and give you a company vehicle if promoted to foreman or management. They care about safety. Probably better than other roofing companies (I've heard many negative stories about the commercial roofing contractors).

Cons

The company culture is immature and deflating. If you want to hear people complain about roofing and gossip among each other than apply for a job, they will hire basically anyone. Everyone seems to place blame on others and don't take responsibility for their actions. Pay is less than %25 of what they charge the customer (just for your labor).

Embrace change and advancement. Stop thinking a 20th century company is good enough for the 21st century. Don't push your weight around because you can. Treat your employees with respect, they are the ones making you money. Give incentives to your employees to work smarter and more professional. Listen to feedback from your employees getting their hands dirty, they could improve your company if you let them.

Great Place to work however it has the politics of big corporation

Former Employee - Regional Representative
    Former Employee - Regional Representative

I worked at CentiMark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

An industry leader with strong reputation and outstanding National Account presence which provides a boost to sales for a regional rep from time to time. Centimark has a marketing group which generates a lot of solid leads as well. Great place to sell commercial roofing. Local operations guys were very supportive

Cons

Encountered internal politics and problems with arrogant inexperienced employees whos fathers worked there and they seemed to be untouchable and wanted things their their way even though they had no idea

Do not turn on people so quickly...it takes time for some people to get it ...but by spending the time to teach you will gain loyalty and dedication

Death Before CentiMark.

Former Employee - Helper/Tech/Sales
    Former Employee - Helper/Tech/Sales

I worked at CentiMark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work when work is needed. No qualms about hiring the criminally experienced. And those same "unhireables" can work his/never her way to management.

Cons

Honestly, where to start. This could quite possibly be the most successful cesspool in the history of business. They hire good people and slowly destroy them. Some do not know any better and just want the paycheck and for that, I applaud them. But this company, that was started from a great idea by a very intelligent man (Who is still their in a shell of a form) is now a number hungry moron that is run by operational idiots that do not understand the sales side of things. But the sales side is where everything comes from! The National Account Program is top notch considering the antiquated industry they dominate (Commercial Roofing Contractor). But if you have any desire to grow, develop, and shine at a company and be appreciated for it...RUN!!!!!!!!!

If that is what you think managing people should like, then you need to swan dive into a rock quarry.

Wouldn't know a good candidate.

I have been working at CentiMark

Pros

Nice office building, good location

Cons

Same male idiots that run every company.

Interviewed at corporate for a job I could do standing on my head with 99 percent of my brain cells tied behind my back. My guess is they hired a young skinny girl who can't tie her own shoes.

Stuck in the 50's Mentality

Current Employee - Administration in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Administration in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CentiMark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent at Best...... Medical & Prescription Plan with Dental insurance - Vision Plan - 401(k) Pension Plan, with a company match - Flexible Spending Accounts - Short Term Disability - Long Term Disability - Life & AD&D Insurance - Business Travel Insurance - Paid Vacation - Paid Holidays.

Cons

ALL, and Imean every single position above office manager are male. Extremely chauventistic and discriminating towards female office staff. Very Degrading when dealing with any of them. Management of company disfunctional and don't communicate. Don't like hire to"pretty" women because the field employess will want to flirt. Hostile work environment.

Get up to speed. Company needs major restructuring of managemnt procedures, Sinking ship. Gulf division, clean house starting with the top dog of the area and his side kick. Have

Promising

Former Employee - RAM/NAM in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - RAM/NAM in Denver, CO

I worked at CentiMark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management takes the cake. The Dunlaps' are top drawer. Rewarding career for account managers and above.

Cons

Huge expectations, shaky business plan and organization. Flooring division is second rate at best

Resist stepping over the dollar to save a dime. Manage employee efficiencies more than sales managers bonuses.

Not if you are a woman

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at CentiMark full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very good health insurance at low cost to the employee.

Cons

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Admin. assistants are at the beck and call of every male in the office. This leaves, often times, next to no time to actually do the work assigned to you. Very stressful atmosphere as most offices only have two admin. and some run off of only one. You will do it all and then be expected to do more, more, more.... Many days spent working your butt off but not actually accomplishing anything. The list just goes on and on and on. This is a (white) mans company and the "good ol boys club" is alive and well.

Consider upping the administrative staff at your larger offices so things can run more efficiently and realize that a little more "overhead" can often times pay off in the long run.