CentiMark Reviews

2.3
Edward B. Dunlap

1. Good work, good people, good pay

I have been working at CentiMark

Pros

Great starting pay for someone who wants an easy summer job.

Cons

Under the sun all day

2. If you like to get cheated out of pay.

Current Employee - Foreman in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Foreman in Edison, NJ

I have been working at CentiMark

Pros

Benefits, overtime, safety, good crews, work 7 days a week

Cons

Degrading management doesn't know your name only cares about numbers. Prevailing wage jobs won't ever see that money. No one has your back and if your new to the industry get expected to be passed back and forth between crews and hopefully you don't screw up they're just looking for a reason to fire you or make you quit. Been working there for three years keep getting told I'm due for a raise/ promotion for two years now. Foremen constantly being undermined because of underbidding in sales. Hire people as supervisors who don't know the business or failed as foreman.

3. Service Foreman

Current Employee - Service Foreman
    Current Employee - Service Foreman

I have been working at CentiMark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of hours every week. The company takes care of you. The perdium is nice . The management is knowledgeable about the job . Centimark has their own details so you have to forget what ever you knew prior to the company and just learn the new ones no big deal tho .

Cons

Management wanting you to bring in jobs in an unreasonable time, but that's buisness and it's how they are the largest Roofing contractor in the country . Out of town sometimes but perdium adds up

Advice to Management

Keep it up

5. Great company to work for but needs more room for advancement.

Current Employee - Tech Representative in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Tech Representative in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at CentiMark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great fast paced environment. I love working closely with management to secure new leads and lock down the next sale. Was given a company truck, cell phone, and lap top.

Cons

Ok compensation. I think that they could give some incentive to the tech reps to amp up their performance. Better hotel stays as well while on the road.

Marketing Representative

Current Employee - Marketing Representative
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative

I have been working at CentiMark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent and the work is easy

Cons

Management is a joke!--Completely incompetent and dishonest. They never fire anyone. Half of the people I work with show up to work wasted or they look like they just rolled out of bed. They treat good employees poorly and value the slackers. They find ways to cheat you out of your pay and your work is constantly stolen and others reap the benefit.

Advice to Management

You should keep a closer eye on the Stow Ohio managers.

Never have I worked for so many men that claim they know what there doing and dont. Experience has been awful.

Current Employee - Foreman in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Foreman in Memphis, TN

I have been working at CentiMark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Insurance is all can say is keeping me here. Corporate needs to do a deep house cleaning and remove all the want to be roofers, starting with the memphis area.

Cons

My challanges are the people that are suppose to be leading by example. Instead they belittle you and treat you like your a nobody. It all starts in the office and how I said they need to hire people with experience and remove all those people that like hiding the truth about what's really going on.

Advice to Management

Clean house and a good start would be in the memphis area! Send someone to investigate what's really going on.

Un-inspiring and political driven old boy network

Current Employee - Customer Service in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at CentiMark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They allow you to get as much overtime as you like (the customer pays for it) and give you a company vehicle if promoted to foreman or management. They care about safety. Probably better than other roofing companies (I've heard many negative stories about the commercial roofing contractors).

Cons

The company culture is immature and deflating. If you want to hear people complain about roofing and gossip among each other than apply for a job, they will hire basically anyone. Everyone seems to place blame on others and don't take responsibility for their actions. Pay is less than %25 of what they charge the customer (just for your labor).

Advice to Management

Embrace change and advancement. Stop thinking a 20th century company is good enough for the 21st century. Don't push your weight around because you can. Treat your employees with respect, they are the ones making you money. Give incentives to your employees to work smarter and more professional. Listen to feedback from your employees getting their hands dirty, they could improve your company if you let them.

Great Place to work however it has the politics of big corporation

Former Employee - Regional Representative
    Former Employee - Regional Representative

I worked at CentiMark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An industry leader with strong reputation and outstanding National Account presence which provides a boost to sales for a regional rep from time to time. Centimark has a marketing group which generates a lot of solid leads as well. Great place to sell commercial roofing. Local operations guys were very supportive

Cons

Encountered internal politics and problems with arrogant inexperienced employees whos fathers worked there and they seemed to be untouchable and wanted things their their way even though they had no idea

Advice to Management

Do not turn on people so quickly...it takes time for some people to get it ...but by spending the time to teach you will gain loyalty and dedication

Death Before CentiMark.

Former Employee - Helper/Tech/Sales
    Former Employee - Helper/Tech/Sales

I worked at CentiMark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work when work is needed. No qualms about hiring the criminally experienced. And those same "unhireables" can work his/never her way to management.

Cons

Honestly, where to start. This could quite possibly be the most successful cesspool in the history of business. They hire good people and slowly destroy them. Some do not know any better and just want the paycheck and for that, I applaud them. But this company, that was started from a great idea by a very intelligent man (Who is still their in a shell of a form) is now a number hungry moron that is run by operational idiots that do not understand the sales side of things. But the sales side is where everything comes from! The National Account Program is top notch considering the antiquated industry they dominate (Commercial Roofing Contractor). But if you have any desire to grow, develop, and shine at a company and be appreciated for it...RUN!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

If that is what you think managing people should like, then you need to swan dive into a rock quarry.

Wouldn't know a good candidate.

I have been working at CentiMark

Pros

Nice office building, good location

Cons

Same male idiots that run every company.

Advice to Management

Interviewed at corporate for a job I could do standing on my head with 99 percent of my brain cells tied behind my back. My guess is they hired a young skinny girl who can't tie her own shoes.