CentraCare Health

Updated Mar 17, 2014

Terry Pladson

Home town Hospital

Cst (Former Employee) Saint Cloud, MN

ProsLarger City, but small town feel.
    Friendly
    lovely facilities
    Steady employment
    good benefits

ConsParking is a hassle sometimes on call

Great Opportunities with a great organization

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Cloud, MN

ProsCentraCare has countless opportunities to seek a great career in healthcare. Advancement opportunities along with the ability to make an impact in patient care each day make for an attractive prospect for one's future. The staff is welcoming and genuine in all that they do. It’s no surprise that it’s the largest employer in the area.

ConsI'll post again when I find one worthy of a comment.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to build the great talent around. The future lies with the staff and their passion for what they do.

CentraCare Health System review

Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) Saint Cloud, MN

ProsGreat benefits! The people are very nice and the atmosphere is completely void of all of those downtown snobs you run into in the cities.

ConsThe only con - but a big one - is that there's no advancement for me here. I recently approached my manager asking for some insight into my career advancement within the company. I was told that my position - in it's current department - typically doesn't advance to the next level. Ok, I then asked if I could be considered for another department in the company. The answer I got back was a bit cryptic, but I believe I was being told that I'm too vital where I'm currently at.

In short, it's a classic dead-end job. For me anyways. Your mileage may vary.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do believe Senior Management is doing an excellent job at CentraCare. In these tough economic times, the company still manages to give regular raises and bonuses. My real issue comes from Middle Management. See "Cons" section for more info.

Worked for CentraCare Health? Contribute to the Community!