CentraState Healthcare System

John T. Gribbin

1. Manager of Food and Dining Services

Current Employee - MANAGER of FOOD and DINING in Toms River, NJ
    Current Employee - MANAGER of FOOD and DINING in Toms River, NJ

I have been working at CentraState Healthcare System (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was a good and stable work enviorment.

Cons

No room for growth or incentive to move up.

2. Monitor technician

Current Employee - Echo Technician in Freehold, NJ
    Current Employee - Echo Technician in Freehold, NJ

Pros

Great start to my cardiac career. The employees and PCU floor are wonderful to work with.

Cons

Hard to transfer out of the dept.

3. I love Centrastate, pay is low though

I have been working at CentraState Healthcare System part-time

Pros

Staff is awesome, easy to get closely knit with the residents, there's always something to do.

Cons

Pay is low, not enough hours for part-timers, management is questionable

Advice to Management

Don't change the schedule after you post it, and if you do change it, please notify your staff immediately.

5. Very good place to work

Pros

Great co- workers, fast paced environment, Pay

Cons

None that i can see

6. Good community hospital with great coworkers

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Great nurses work here, have never had any issues with coworkers beyond normal personality differences

Cons

I was laughed at by a travel agency recruiter when I told him what my pay was, I didnt take that as a good sign.

7. Honestly this is a horrible company to work for.. Two stars is being nice

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

I worked at CentraState Healthcare System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hospital is nice, and depending on your job, you will probably learn a lot.

Cons

- Horrible pay - Rude staff - Hours are not flexible - Not even a highly recognized hospital yet they act like it is

Advice to Management

My boss told me that if someone applies for a position but they don't have at least 1 year of experience working in a hospital, their application is immediately ignored. This is a horrible, horrible way of hiring and maintaining employees. Basically everyone I work with who is not a nurse or doctor does not even have a degree. It is as if degrees don't even matter with this organization. That is why I'm trying to find a new job as soon as I can with an organization that actually recognized my hard work and achievements.

8. Could've been better.

Former Employee - Swim Instructor/Lifeguard in Freehold, NJ
    Former Employee - Swim Instructor/Lifeguard in Freehold, NJ

I worked at CentraState Healthcare System part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They include a free gym membership when you start working there and promise you high wages in the aquatics department.

Cons

You need to be lifeguard and WSI (water safety instructor) certified in order to get the job, which is over $300 a class. They do not pay to get you recertified, you have to pay part of it. And once you're certified in both YOU need to go out there and get private lessons with people since there aren't actual group lessons taught in the pool. I never got a key to swipe in either, so that was a buzz kill too.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with employees, and give more hours out to people.

9. Great place to work

I worked at CentraState Healthcare System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyed the work and the people. Pay was decent.

Cons

No financial awards for non-medical staff.

Advice to Management

See cons.

10. A poor excuse of an employer

I have been working at CentraState Healthcare System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good location. Friendly community of patients. Many excellent clinical staff who deserve better than the abuse of the money hungry employer they have.

Cons

They built a hotel and asked you to provide healthcare in it. No matter how many flat screen TV's or new wall fixtures you install the educated consumer and employee notices the mice in the building or the filth. They are grossly under staffed. They spent many years providing no cost of living wage increases let alone merit increases. The years they did provide a "raise" the cost of medical coverage went up to the point you were back to where you started. I worked there for over 5 years and I make less per hour than I did when I started after you factored in 2% cost of living increases annually and increases in my insurance benefits. The management is abusive to their staff in many clinical areas. The primary concern and focus is PROFIT. Patients are just a catalyst to money in their pocket. The patient tracking board in the ED is color coded. They claim it is for "holding unit appropriateness" the reality is they will over order radiology and lab tests for higher reimbursing insurances aka not medicaid/medicare. They over order and ask staff to do grossly unethical things in order to increase their numbers. It would be easier to rob people blind of their wallet at the door then to order that many unnecessary CT scans. They have a policy "15/30" in the ED where you are seen by a nurse in 15 minutes and a doctor in 30. What they really do is cattle coral you through a "triage process", throw you in a dirty bed lined up along the hallway and have a transcriptionist in a coat come introduce themselves so you are fooled into thinking the "doctor" said they would be with you as soon as they can. There is no autonomy as a professional, they make you scan your badge to watch how much paper you use. Or scan an ID to take a blanket for a patient to conserve on linen costs. As a masters educated healthcare professional I find this offensive. The turn over rate of staff is reflective of the poor excuse of an employer Centrastate is.

Advice to Management

Look around you and value the people you have. They work dilligently every day serving the public. Come out of the ivory tower once in awhile and realize how dangerous your Emergency Dept is.

11. Fair to work for.

Current Employee - Mlt in West Freehold, NJ
    Current Employee - Mlt in West Freehold, NJ

I have been working at CentraState Healthcare System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate policies are fair, and corporate climate great. Unlikely to be fired without substantial cause.

Cons

Laboratory has poor upper management. The failure of management to staff according to work flow, restructure lab stations to be conducive to quick work flow, and the implementation of new (but ineffective and poorly integrated) computers and analyzers decreases the labs ability to perform and causes conflict between the lab and our clients. Bonuses and raises are a joke.

RSS Feed </> Embed