Central Care Community Health Center

Add Photos

Marcus Roland

Community Champions

Mid-level Provider (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsJoint Commission Accredited, New Management has New Vision for organization and they are achieving that vision. They have added two new sites and are on track to add tow more. They try to hire people from the community. It is a very well run Organization

ConsNeed more funding and fundraising to continue mission

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to help employees increase their education.

Horrible Place to Work

Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with underserved population/ community health

ConsEVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!
    *High turn over- between the frequent "pink slips" and people quitting, there is an extremely high turnover rate. Administration is notorious for writing people up or firing people for no reason. Staff are micromanaged and treated like children versus the professionals that we are.Therefore, Four providers quit in 1 month and six providers in 9 months, and countless other employees.
    *$$$- administration only sees dollar signs. Every patient is a number that brings THEM money.They have and will compromise quality patient care for quantity. They allow the front desk to double and triple book patients which shortens time spent with patients and ability to address their needs. Providers are over worked with little compensation or accolades. Administration manages to give themselves bonuses and raises yet there are staff that have been there over one year and have not had a raise.
    *No supplies. The clinics constantly operate at subpar levels of necessary supplies that are needed to provide safe quality care. It takes months to get the supplies, on part because of mismanagement of funds and secondly because non clinical staff make purchasing decisions and don't know or understand the needs of a clinic.
    *mom&pop- this a mom & pop company that is trying to expand and grow at a pace way to fast for its unstable foundation. The idea of what they want to do is great, but the manner in which they do it won't get them anywhere.
    * there are NO perks to working here!!!! Everyone is overworked, overwhelmed and underpaid with horrible benefits. Many are hired under false pretenses. Staff has no voice, and concerns are rarely addressed, especially if it involves spending money and NOT making money.
    * UNPROFESSIONAL- administration is very unprofessional. They set a poor example of leadership in their lack of communication, organization, and management style.

NOTE: I am a former employee because I quit, NOT because I got fired. Therefore this review is not coming from a disgruntled employee. It's coming from someone who loved what they did but worked for a company that made it hard to keep loving it and put up with their $&@! Any positive review is likely a ploy from admin to make CC look better than what it really is.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay in YOUR LANE!!! Do your job....write the grants and pay the bills. Hire appropriate staff for middle management of the clinical staff. Allow the CMO and nurse manager to make clinical decisions instead of the site manager. Learn to respect your employees and treat them fairly and you may be able to keep them longer than 1 year.

Termination is the answers all problems

Clinic RN (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAs a nurse you have the opportunity to work in a setting that allows you to assist patients who are very appreciative of the care you give, and folks come in for various reasons - wellness visits, acute, and preventive care so you are using all your skills alongside a great care team.

ConsAdministration is focused on numbers only and actually give front desk employees incentives if they book a certain number of appointments everyday. This results in the providers being way overbooked, sometimes with 20 or more patients in 4 hours. Not safe for anyone. The medical staff is "managed" by administrators who have no clinical background resulting in chaos and confusion among the employees. Central Care was cited by the Joint Commission for a high turnover rate but the administration's answer to all problems is to find someone to blame and terminate.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean out the upper administration, including CEO, and get people in there that respect and value employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unprofessional

Mid Level Provider (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGiving back to a needed community

ConsUnprofessional in dealing with employees "I felt as if I was a child"

Advice to Senior ManagementProfessionalism goes a long way with retention of employees.

Very Positive

ProsCentral Care CHC is a first class organization that is Joint Commission Accredited and work diligently toward giving back to the community in terms of services and programs. Management communicates the mission and empowers employees with the tools necessary to do their work efficiently and effectively.

ConsHire more people for the growing organization

Worked for Central Care Community Health Center? Contribute to the Community!