Central Connecticut State University

Central Connecticut State University President Jack Miller

Jack Miller

Student Center Receptionist

Receptionist (Former Employee) New Britain, CT

ProsThe staff that you work with are so friendly and loving, they genuinely feel like family! They're completely understanding and whenever you have a problem they're always there to help you out, you're problem is their problem.

ConsThere was honestly no cons to working for the Student Center. It was the best job I will ever have

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be great! Continue to put the students first and you will change many lives.

Slow tedious job where the hours are very flexible but the job is not rewarding.

Hired Help (Current Employee) New Britain, CT

ProsVery flexible hours and theres no boss breathing down your neck.

ConsThe job is fast paced, tedious and annoying. The paperwork consumes you,

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a pay increase for student workers considering we do stressful work for minimum wage

Traditional campus environment

Faculty Instructor, Education (Former Employee)

ProsThe campus size is modest, therefore class sizes are very reasonable. The university is putting funds into improving the classrooms and faculty offices. As many universities are going away from allocating travel funds for faculty, I was still able to have a stipend for travel to conferences, which was nice.

ConsLike many academic environments, you get out of it what you put into it. My experience was very positive, but I am a type A personality. The department I was in was secluded and did not collaborate with other areas/fields but each department is different.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Student Employee

Economics Tutor (Former Employee)

ProsGreat hourly rate, made own hours, enjoyed my work, great coworkers

ConsHad to leave job when graduated, few hours

Light guard duties

Sign-In Clerk (Former Employee)

ProsIf living in the dormitory, it is extremely convenient placement, and a great way to get to know people who live within the building. It is also a decent pay, for someone living on campus (if you already have a meal plan and other amenities covered).

ConsWorking as a sign-in clerk is strict, and there is more responsibility to the job than is believed, since allowing anyone who doesn't live in the building to get in without being signed in falls under your responsibility, if something happens you are at fault directly. In short, the work is deceitfully casual, when there is a great deal of responsibility.

Nice campus,nice staff,good environment to study.

Student Worker (Former Employee) New Britain, CT

ProsProfessors generally very nice and helpful.

ConsCareer center is not that much useful for graduated students,need improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to improve to career center for graduating students.

A supportive environment for professional development and student development.

ProsThere is opportunity to interact with a variety of initiatives and departments

ConsThere is a lot of administrative obstacles to navigate.

Student employees don't get nearly as much respect as they deserve.

Student Worker (Current Employee) New Britain, CT

ProsIt is convenient to work on campus for students and get their work-study award.

ConsStudent employees get little to no respect and make minimum wage. Students also can't get hired without work study.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect student workers. Don't discriminate, treat them as if they were any
    Other employee, whether bad or good.

It has been informative

Technician (Current Employee) New Britain, CT

ProsMy job is ridiculously easy

ConsMy boss is ridiculously hard to work with

Advice to Senior ManagementLay off on things like maintaining a name tag at all times. It's required that you introduce yourself to the client regardless.

CCSU IT CO-OP review

On-Site Support Service Technician (Current Employee) New Britain, CT

ProsI worked as a CO-OP for the organization for 6 months. My pay was $16/hr. My boss and all the management above him were easy to get a hold of and talk to. I did not receive benefits but my co-workers who were full time employees received great benefits.

ConsI saw no problems being a CO-OP. Politics within the organization seemed a bit frustrating as a full-timer.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo keep doing what you are doing.

Worked for Central Connecticut State University? Contribute to the Community!