Central New Mexico Community College

Central New Mexico Community College Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Everyone gets paid about the same.

Audiovisual Tech (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsStupid Easy, lots of downtime, great support for students and community.

ConsMake a dollar more and hour than when I started. I made more working other jobs without a degree. Work in security and make the same pay! Nowhere to advance to.

CNM is the best place to work!

Vice President (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsEmployees work together to achieve college goals. Everyone there truly cares about students and their success. Creativity, new ideas, and innovation are encouraged and rewarded. Employees are encouraged to seek out ways to improve processes so CNM is " best in class." There is a strong culture of trust and integrity.

ConsAs a public institution, government regulation can be slow to keep up with the college's innovative pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your strong focus on CNM's strategic priorities!

Vulture Culture - stay away if you can

Human Resources Department (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsGreat benefits and free education.

ConsManagement is arrogant, passive aggressive, mean, and moody - from the President's Office down the pike. These people are all going to school because of the free education, so they are only interested in a promotion, knocking others out of the way and stepping all over each other to climb the ladder. It's a shame.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead and follow the college missions, statements, and strategic directions. All talk just to recruit students and get federal funding. In the end, you really only care about yourselves! Ebbs and flows will happen and you will continue to put out the fires without giving any serious consideration to making real valuable changes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Adjunct hell; PT instructors, good luck

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsGreat colleagues and students; progressive ideas; some real quirks in hiring part-timers as fulltimers

ConsAlthough pay is listed at $22/hr, adjunct instructors are only paid for the hours they spend in class and one office hour per class per week. Grading and preparing class is not paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more of your part-timers as fulltime; fix your payroll and HR issues!

CNM is a good place to work while you're a student.

ProsEmployees get tuition and fee reimbursement for three classes a year. The hours are flexible for many jobs making it easy to take classes. The mood is relaxed, and the people are nice.

ConsThe jobs don't pay very well - it's education, isn't it? Many tech jobs here can be dead end if you're not careful.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit trying to be UNM (University of New Mexico). Align appropriate 2 year degrees with UNM (for example Computer Programming). Other degrees need to stay oriented towards the trade crowd.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Educational

ProsFlexible schedules and assistance to complete further education/higher degrees

ConsLarge, bureacratic organization with tendancy toward communication breakdowns and confusion about processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementFactor college values and mission into decisions made at all levels and for all processes. Create more customer/student oriented decision-making process.

Worked for Central New Mexico Community College? Contribute to the Community!