Central Pacific Bank

Great, family atmosphere!

Former Employee - Loan Officer  in  Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Central Pacific Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I really enjoyed the warm, family-like environment that upper management tries very hard to impress upon the employees. It's very easy to get help from co-workers of other departments and everyone works well together towards a common goal.

Cons

The company's computer systems are a little dated and it's normally behind the latest technological trends. However, the company has begun measures to make itself more modern and automated.

Keep doing what you've been doing, because it's working great!

Resistance to change

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist  in  Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Central Pacific Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Island culture. Family friendly. Excellent CEO. Customer focus. Risk averse culture. Japanese cultured bank. Beautiful people. Seniority is important at this bank.

Cons

Old technology. Old processes. Rule based policies. Very resistant to changes. Management has group think. Paper based processes. Management. Is very paternal. A 1950s work culture. Out of touch with modern technology. A culture that is afraid of change.

Hire more mainland management.

Overall, a great place to start a career.

Former Employee - Teller  in  Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Teller in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Central Pacific Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

From the get go employees are given a generous amount of paid days off and floating holidays. There's an employees club that sponsors events like a water park day and football tickets to a University of Hawaii football game. Working as a teller at CPB was my first full time job out of college and it seemed like my sales/referral goals and customer service goals were all very realistic and attainable.

Cons

Training and advancement opportunities are extremely limited. I was promised the chance to go to training classes to advance my career when I was hired and didn't get to actually go until more than a year later.

Overall it was a good place to work and it looks great on a resume now, but there needs to be some improvement in terms of replacing employees who leave. Especially if it's predictable, like leaving due to pregnancy, it shouldn't take 4 or 5 months after the employee has left to find her replacement. Also, offer more training opportunities. It felt as though I had just a job and not a career.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is very interesting place to work with benefits for full-time workers.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Central Pacific Bank

Pros

The staff are caring and understanding of your situation. There is a friendly environment where everyone attains their individual goals for profit and for solution.

Cons

Banks, in general, don't have the ideal operation hours for overnight and/or evening situations. This would be the only flaw in the system.

The team at Central Pacific Bank offer an amazing resource to grow and learn in the banking industry. They offer competitive rates in the market and truly help to keep your business and personal accounts intact.

Central Pacific Bank Photos

Entryway

+ Add Photo

Worked for Central Pacific Bank? Contribute to the Community!