Central Parking

Be The First To
Add Photos

James A. (Jim) Marcum

Don't Take This Personal

ProsHelps critique your customer service skills.

ConsCentral Parking is portrays a sense of a caring attitude but really only cares that they get what they want out of you nothing more nothing less.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ask if you really don't want to know! Yes I'm current but I'm simply on the next bus leaving!

Bottom of the barrel

Supervisor (Third Shift Manager) (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsYou get paid to work and that's it.

ConsVery little room for advancement.
    Most of the employee's have negative attitudes.
    Employee's blame managers for problems they cause.
    Not enough respect for the customers.
    You will be short-handed most work days.
    The morning supervisor's are on power trips.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep an eye on the Supervisor's, they cause more conflict instead of teaching or reasoning. Make sure the valet driver's don't speed in customer's vehicle's. Make the starters report their tips (they average more than driver's do and that's not fair to be exempt).

Lots of room for improvement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy money, great job for those who dislike change and/or progress, very predictable, good job for entry level employees who like to work outdoors

Conslack of respect at every level, ideas and suggestions fall on deaf ears, outdated policies, it seems like everyone working there is either looking for another job or gave up looking for something better years ago and now just act like they are stuck there

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to start a management carrer in.

Operations Manager (Current Employee) San Juan, PR

Prosjob alwas changes so no monotony.
    flexible hours
    diverse operations
    fun atmosphere
    great opportunities to grow and meet other profesionals

Conslowest part of Customer service chain
    dependant on technology and equipment thus dependant of repairmen
    have to deal with entry level employees and entry level management

Advice to Senior Managementredifine HR departments, hire more talent offer to pay more to this talent then demand results. its hard to work with low pay entry level management and expect them to behave/ work as a top level executive.

Job

Parking Manager (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

Prosa paycheck every two weeks

Consminimum opportunity - minimum pay - minimum feedback -

Advice to Senior ManagementShow employees they are valued before they resign their positions. Work with clients and employees to provide good service and improve morale of staff .

Pays the bills..

Area Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFreedom to be out of the office in the field is great. Fellow managers will help you when you need it but other than that its you against upper management and union employees.

ConsSenior management has no idea what they're doing. Employees steal, customer's steal, your ideas are ignored but still you are blamed for errors while credit is stolen for your ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out in the field, see what its like on the front lines and listen to your field managers, they live through it everyday.

Old school company needs to get with the times.

Program Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThere is a fair amount of autonomy.
    It's a good place to develop contacts and communication skills with key people in many different fields.
    You will learn every facet of running a business.

ConsThey don't treat local managers as if they were important.
    The home office has little trust in field managers or local offices.
    Vacations are capped at 2 weeks for any position lower than operations manager. This includes the bulk of their local managers. I have never worked for or heard of another large company that does this.
    To truely advance within the company you must be willing to relocate at any time.
    There is limited training although this is improving.

Advice to Senior ManagementLocal managers are the face of the company. They were hired for a reason. You should trust them more.

Worked for Central Parking? Contribute to the Community!