Central States Manufacturing, Inc.
www.centralstatesmfg.com Lowell, AR 150 to 499 Employees

Central States Manufacturing, Inc. Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Donna Leger

Fast paced and intense

Panel Line (Current Employee)
    Lowell, AR

ProsMore than competitive pay, full benefits that are dirt cheap. Probably the best medical insurance I have ever had. Immediate management is easily accessible and open.
    Management is always pushing us to advance and help open up doors if we show the motivation. You'll learn all kinds of spanish,

Cons2nd shift is completely awful for anyone with a family or zeal for life, expect 12 hour days 3-4 days a week. 55+ hours a week is hard on a family. You can get thrown to the side rather quickly if you are not a fast learner...primarily in loading.

Panel line is hard tough work but very rewarding and staffed with an awesome group of guys!

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe stop the temp cycle on 2nd shift, dont keep a temp for 90 days just to replace them. If they dont produce replace them at 30 days, that way they dont have false hopes of getting hired.

This is a very good company to work for that has opportunities for advancement

Roll Former (Former Employee)

ProsAdvancement
    Growth of company
    Most weekends off

ConsLong hours
    As a temp, it is sometimes longer than 90 days to get hired

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep the opinions of the employees in mind when you continue to grow the company.

Ramant discrimination and 85% turnover in this organization

Sales (Current Employee)
    Lowell, AR

ProsNot many. My favorite day with Central States will be when I tender my resignation

ConsDiscrimination. Workplace harassment, sexual and racial. Whistles blowers are swiftly and indiscriminately terminated. People have left this company suicidal due to the ammount of harassment and lack of quality of life. This could be the most toxic workplace that I have ever encountered. Labor Dept. is alaways investigating Central States for violation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKey VP's in this company will need to be removed fromdealing with live people before any changes will happen. Most specific in sales.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company for someone pursuing a career in operations

Employee Owner (Current Employee)
    Lowell, AR

ProsEmployees are not placed in a "silo", that is, they have the ability to move between departments to gain experience if they desire.
    Employees are able to participate in an employee stock ownership program which can build retirement if a person stays long enough.

ConsCompany not conducive to a person trying to make a career as an office professional.
    The progression plan for an employee is not clear.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould try to develop a more concrete progression plan for new employees so that they would have a direction and goals to complete.

Central States Manufacturing, Inc.: Employee. Owner. Me.

CFE150 Coordinator / Administrative Manager (Current Employee)
    Lowell, AR

ProsEMPLOYEE OWNERSHIP. Not only are employees credited with stock every year, to a large degree they are treated like employees. They are encouraged to submit ideas for improvements, and those ideas are acted upon or the reason why not is given. BENEFITS. The company pays 81-85% of health insurance premiums, depending on which of two options is chosen. Vacation is generous, earning three weeks after only three years of service. FAMILY ATMOSPHERE. There is a great group of people to work with. People genuinely care about each other, and the company values support keeping priorities straight - God and Family before work. VALUES. Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, Success/Quality of Life, Financial Success. Not just words on the wall, but words to live by.

ConsLike any company, sometimes things can be frustrating. And for people who don't want to work hard (not long) and who don't want to "think like owners," it may not be a good cultural fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more of the reasons why you choose to promote certain people. Sometimes it can look like favoritism, although pretty much all of the choices have turned out to be correct.

Worked for Central States Manufacturing, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Central States Manufacturing, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Central States Manufacturing, Inc. CEO Donna Leger. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Central States Manufacturing, Inc. employees.