Central Texas College

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dr. Thomas Klincar

Fantastic work experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbility to manage classroom independently

Consfew things that were bad about this job

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great people, however work can be tedious.

ProsGreat character-building job, and benefits.

ConsLots of work-related complaints, but that's part of the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery experienced management. Sometimes, I think needs a little more help.

Overseas Adjunct Professors - Not For Everyone

Overseas Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsAbility to accept or decline contract jobs. Almost complete autonomy over teaching methods and coursework. Regular visits to overseas ports. Can be an interesting experience if you are suited to the unique environment.

ConsCramped barrack-style lodging aboard military vessels at sea for extended periods of time during assignments. Disparity in quality and compensation of assignments. No chance of promotion from this position. No guarantee of work availability. College objectives are 2nd priority to everything else. Limited social life.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter working relationships with those responsible for choosing courses. Better understanding of the needs of adjunct professors reliant on this job as their sole means of income.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No support

ProsQuickest route to insanity: work here

ConsNo training provided, equipment never works

EEO

ProsGreat place to work while going to school. Loved the people I worked with and the office environment. Not bad considering it was a Monday-Friday job. Workplace was very flexible with my school/work schedule.

ConsI can't think of any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Central Texas College opened doors for me. I gained experience,a great educational background and management experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGet US Military Installation Logistical Support, work tax free, holiday free days, Spring Break free days. Educational Benefits. Thats a total of 5 weeks off a year!

ConsThe pay can be better. The Euro rate eats it up.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer COLA to everyone not just Management

I like it here.

ProsI get to work with good people who help me out when I need it. I love teaching adults.

ConsIt is only part time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Underpaid, Unappreciated!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsMonday-Friday workweek, holidays off. Supporting military personnel.

ConsDismal pay rate, no room for growth, poor management by directors. Directors play favorites and make your life miserable if you are not part of the "in-crowd". Lunch breaks were not allowed, staff was told that the lunch hour was 4-5pm, after working hours! Directors definitely do not appreciate all the hard work that their staff puts in.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe board of directors at the Killeen campus needs to be more hands on with the sites, there is so much mismanagement at the outside locations. No wonder there is a high turnover rate with this company!

Beneficial and Remarkable

ProsTravel, the ability to live overseas tax-free, the great feeling you get after knowing your job is about changing people's lives!

ConsThe pay is small against the Euro.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the pay in Europe. You will keep more quality people.

Boring

Lab Assistant (Current Employee) Killeen, TX

ProsMeet new different people everyday.

ConsAt the bottom of the food chain so do to speak and that's how your treated always.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for Central Texas College? Contribute to the Community!