Central Valley Community Bancorp

www.cvcb.com

Central Valley Community Bancorp Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Central Valley Community Bancorp President, CEO, and Director, Central Valley Community Bancorp and Central Valley Community Bank Daniel J. Doyle

Daniel J. Doyle

Proud to Work Here

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsPay is average compared to other community banks, and somewhat low compared to larger banks that can afford more competitive salary and benefits packages. The plus-side to that is the job security, especially when it comes to sales (for those in the retail side of the bank). Sales are becoming more important, but they are not the first or most important thing examined when reviewing an employee. Incentives are offered to retail branch staff.

Some branches are different, but most of them encourage a friendly, small-town feel by insisting on above-and-beyond customer service. It really makes me proud to work with customers when I know that my direct supervisor and boss want to do everything they can for them. The products and fees are fair, and I can stand behind the policies easily.

ConsBecause the bank is small, positions are relatively hard to get, even for internal transfers. At any given moment, there are probably handfuls of people waiting for full-time positions at headquarters or in the branches, so it may take years (literally) to move where you want to go, or you might get lucky and hop right up.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement can be out-of-touch with branch staff and the mission and goals of the bank seem a little stale. New initiatives and more communication could really take the bank to a new level. Across the board, consistency might be a problem. More employee events or improving the forums so that employees could communicate and network would be appreciated.

Great Place to Work

Personal Banker (Former Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsGreat enviornment, good for gaining knowledge and movingup in the company.

ConsBeing a small bank some people feel entitled if they have been there a while and often get jobs they aren't qualified for.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change anything as you grow, but look more closely at candidate qualification for jobs.

They offer no support or training for any individuals to be successful in their role.

ProsThe people working in the branches are very friendly and fantastic people.

ConsThey are career-stifling with no possible room for advancement. If you suck up to the right higher-ups you can sit at your desk and do nothing all day and just continue to collect a paycheck if that's your desire.

Worked for Central Valley Community Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!