Centralized Showing Service

Good Environment

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy people to work with, jobs are easy.

Cons

Nothing really big to complain about.

Keep being friendly.

Good Service is both internal and external...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Team Leader  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Team Leader in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people in San Antonio work hard together to get the job done well. They stay committed regardless of the pressures forced upon them from the Corporate Office.

Cons

Cleanliness of work space, outdated furniture and equipment to do your job, and low wages for the high expectations and demands of the job.

Visit the call centers in the area and compare the wages you offer. Though no up-selling is required for the customer service role, the level of quality and professionalism expected without the investment in learning and development, combined with the lack of up-to-date equipment and modern furniture in the employee work environment, it doesn't make one proud of the place they work. Leadership should be an example from Corporate on down. It shouldn't be just at the Call Center level. More leadership issues; I've seen call center management being yelled at, insulted and treated unfairly compared to how the representatives are treated. It's a small company. Word gets around fast! The owner should develop a direct and frequent relationship with his employees as there are always two sides to every story!

Company can't spell work/life balance!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Centralized Showing Service part-time for less than a year

Pros

Not a bad company, initial training was thorough...but it stops there unfortunately!

Cons

Once you hit the floor is where the turnover in this company begins because of the following:
    After you get very good initial training, frustration mounts because the zone supervisors and other leads don't follow through or impose their own desires of how they want the job done.
    Example(s) we were told to abbreviate comments, but once you hit the floor some supervisors tell you to spell everything out so nobody seems to be on the same page. If you are lucky to have your mentor sit with you it would eliminate mistakes but they seldom do. Listing agents are given too much authority and commonly interfere with the process because of their impatience and refusal or laziness to wait out the process. Get used to "ill hold" while you badger a seller who has already indicated they don't want to show their home. Lastly if you are hired part time don't expect it to remain "part time". In my case I wanted ONLY part time but was switched to full time without warning. Which effected my support of the Wounded Warrior Program, my special needs child and other work/life issues no one bothered to ask if the schedule change would effect me,. For younger agents with children it was tough to watch them try and juggle last minute no notice overtime when they had sitters or children or relatives waiting to pick them up. On that front company is clueless!.

Pay close attention to work/life balance, work with VIA to get the bus to run inside Park Ten Blvd later than 9pm if you expect workers to stay overtime. If your floor supervisors are not going to follow what is taught in initial training continue to expect turnover. It's a simple fix if you're willing to do it!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Current Employee

Current Employee - Inside Sales  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Centralized Showing Service full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started at this company working at the call center as a CSR. After 6 months, I was training new comers and in the running for the Team Leader position. I was offered the Team Leader position and continued to train because I loved doing it. After working at the company for 9 months, the owner had asked that I work at the corporate office. Bottom line is, this job provides OPPORTUNITY!! I work hard and do what I am suppose to and that is all it takes. I didn't have any prior experience and knowledge of real estate, but they teach and train you and get you ready for whats to come.
      Some of the employee's only see it as a call center job and if you do, you will not advance. But just like any other company, if you put in your time and effort, you will be rewarded and recognized. I love this company and I believe in the product. The owner is a great man who really cares about his employee's. He may be stern at times but its his job. He built this company from the ground up with the help of his brother and this company is his pride and joy.
       Another thing I love about this company and not only from an employee stand point, but as a customer, this company really listens to what they have to say. They constantly take feedback and ideas and acknowledge the customers input. The IT and marketing department are constantly working on changes the customers would like to see and thinking of ways to better the products. Not only that, but this company invest's money into the call centers whether the employee's realize it or not. Just recently, brand new computers and chairs where purchase for the call centers. A few months ago, one of the call centers changed locations into a gorgeous building with outstanding accommodations. If you are looking at it from a customer stand point, CSS is more expensive than its competitors but they make up for it in the quality of products they provide to the employees, the relationships they develop with the clients, and the care they put into everything they do.
        BENEFITS: This company provides so many benefits. Everything from health insurance to 401K, to student reimbursement (which I take advantage of), gas reimbursement if you travel, paid vacation, even accidental death insurance. I think its great and I have never worked for a company that offers so much back to their employees

Cons

The only downside I can really see is the flexibility of the call center employees breaks and schedules. Because the call center is so busy at times, they are compromised but I also feel that is the employees cared and worked hard, it wouldn't happen. And if the breaks or lunches are compromised, the company will provide you with lunch.

Horrible Management

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overtime if they are slow

Cons

Not an organized company to work for

Get Managers that know what they are doing

Terrible

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Team Leader  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Team Leader in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is always something to do

Cons

the management team is horrible....especially the branch manager.

don't pick on people to make them quit.

The company is a great entry level company

I worked at Centralized Showing Service

Pros

the pros are the workers. They are fun, reliable and easy to get along with

Cons

The cons are the callers and clients they get agitated very easily. They offer only a half an hour lunch which is not comparable to the workload given.

give a longer lunch

Great place to work at.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible work environment. Ability to really affect the company direction. Get to be close to the customers to help them.

Cons

Lots of different projects at the same time, sometimes can be hard to focus.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - HR Assistant  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - HR Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company cared about their employees

Cons

There was nothing negative about the company in my eyes

Keep up the good work

Thankless Job with Dismal Pay and Benefits

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are new to the workforce, straight out of high school with no bills. this is a good opportunity to gain call center/customer service experience to add to your resume so you can transition into a real job with real pay!

Cons

The pay is unbelievable! I thought I must have misheard when I was told they had raised the pay from $8.50/hr to $9/hr. Here is the insulting thing, if you have received one of their paltry .50 cents raises (you are assessed every 6 months) and they raise the pay for new hires, people who are in training will be earning what you, the experienced employee, earns. Or say, you have been there a year and gotten your dollar raise, and they raise pay for new hires, same thing. You have been a dedicated employee for 12 months and Sally off the streets is earning what you earn! Is that fair? The servers were always going down, the computer screens freezing up. Realtors would be with their clients, trying to get an immediate showing of someone's home and you couldn't help them because the computer system was *always* down! Speaking of Realtors, a lot of them were extremely nasty and rude, even when you had provided excellent customer service. If a homeowner refused a showing, guess who the Realtor blames? YOU! They would often demand that you call the homeowner back and try to hassle them into the appt. That is another thing: even when denied, Realtors would still enter the homes anyway and the homeowners would blame the reps, The Realtors would lie and say the rep gave the OK, but all calls are recorded so that didn't fly. If someone on the phone requests a manager or if someone is cussing at you, you are suppose to transfer the call to a Zone Leader immediately. Two problems with that: Never enough Zone Leaders available and when you did get one, they refused to take the calls. Very poor employee morale, everyone, Xone Leaders included, constantly looking for a new job, people networking in the breakroom about who was hiring, etc. Saw people leave for what they insisted was a better job at Walmart, a convenience store, fastfood, etc. Headphones were dollar store quality, you had to share, ehhhh! and at one point, the center was short headphones for months! What is so hard about ordering some cheapo headphones? The "perfect call" bonuses were a joke. The Quality Assurance team's job was apparently to make sure no one got them! Worst job ever and the people in Corporate, good grief, I can't even print here what employees thought of them! No chance for advancement and even if there was, the Zone Leaders complained bitterly about how underpaid and mistreated they were by Corporate. All in all, not a recommended place to work.

The CEO should step down and let someone else run the ship! Someone who cares about the employees and clients and offers decent wages and benefits and working conditions! The entire Corporate Office needs to go and be replaced by professionals

Worked for Centralized Showing Service? Contribute to the Community!