Centralized Showing Service

Good Environment

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy people to work with, jobs are easy.

Cons

Nothing really big to complain about.

Keep being friendly.

Does Not Care About Their Employees

I have been working at Centralized Showing Service full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a good start up job or a good job for students. They do promote from within for the most part.

Cons

Does not believe in work-life balance. Not LGBTQ friendly. Management of company as a whole is in disarray. The starting pay is very low compare to other call centers.

You need to stop trying to fix things that are not broken and start fixing stuff that actually needs to be fit. You need to promote people based on their work and not the way they look or act, if it does not reflect negatively on the company. Need to understand that people have families and they would like to spend time with them from time to time.

Very easy job to do

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Leawood, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Leawood, KS

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very easy job to get and it's good if you're a college student who needs a paycheck. The company is expanding so that means there's growth potential. The environment is relaxed when it comes to dress code (if you're okay with a casual environment).

Cons

There's lots of favoritism in this company and the morale is extremely low. You get what's called "occurrences" which is if you call off work or come in tardy you get an occurrence added. There are opportunities to earn to negative occurrences, but the supervisors or whomever is in charge of that doesn't take them off quickly enough, but they're quick to add them.

You don't get weekends off, because this specific job revolves around what real estate agents and their schedules. The only way you'll get weekends off is if you've been employed for 2 years. So you can forget about work/life balance. Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas are the only holidays you get off. There's no holiday pay.

Try understanding what the representatives do. Introduce shift bidding. If you don't treat your employees well, then trying to raise morale through potlucks and games is pointless.

The job is suppose to be Professional , however, that is not always the case

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I worked because I need a pay check

Cons

The con is this is the lowest paid call center in the DFW area . No compassion what so ever for employees , no room for emergencies without a price ( IF they allow you to leave ) . They have to many office politics and place to many targets on employees backs when Management is hypocritical,.. The work environment is not healthy , pay is horrible and the benefits have a lot to be desired ..

Have compassion .. Stop running the place like we are in the Military . This company is not a place to be long term. And treat your employees with respect and consideration. Your employees are that backbone of that company .

Good Service is both internal and external...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Team Leader in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people in San Antonio work hard together to get the job done well. They stay committed regardless of the pressures forced upon them from the Corporate Office.

Cons

Cleanliness of work space, outdated furniture and equipment to do your job, and low wages for the high expectations and demands of the job.

Visit the call centers in the area and compare the wages you offer. Though no up-selling is required for the customer service role, the level of quality and professionalism expected without the investment in learning and development, combined with the lack of up-to-date equipment and modern furniture in the employee work environment, it doesn't make one proud of the place they work. Leadership should be an example from Corporate on down. It shouldn't be just at the Call Center level. More leadership issues; I've seen call center management being yelled at, insulted and treated unfairly compared to how the representatives are treated. It's a small company. Word gets around fast! The owner should develop a direct and frequent relationship with his employees as there are always two sides to every story!

Company can't spell work/life balance!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Centralized Showing Service part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not a bad company, initial training was thorough...but it stops there unfortunately!

Cons

Once you hit the floor is where the turnover in this company begins because of the following:
    After you get very good initial training, frustration mounts because the zone supervisors and other leads don't follow through or impose their own desires of how they want the job done.
    Example(s) we were told to abbreviate comments, but once you hit the floor some supervisors tell you to spell everything out so nobody seems to be on the same page. If you are lucky to have your mentor sit with you it would eliminate mistakes but they seldom do. Listing agents are given too much authority and commonly interfere with the process because of their impatience and refusal or laziness to wait out the process. Get used to "ill hold" while you badger a seller who has already indicated they don't want to show their home. Lastly if you are hired part time don't expect it to remain "part time". In my case I wanted ONLY part time but was switched to full time without warning. Which effected my support of the Wounded Warrior Program, my special needs child and other work/life issues no one bothered to ask if the schedule change would effect me,. For younger agents with children it was tough to watch them try and juggle last minute no notice overtime when they had sitters or children or relatives waiting to pick them up. On that front company is clueless!.

Pay close attention to work/life balance, work with VIA to get the bus to run inside Park Ten Blvd later than 9pm if you expect workers to stay overtime. If your floor supervisors are not going to follow what is taught in initial training continue to expect turnover. It's a simple fix if you're willing to do it!

Current Employee

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Centralized Showing Service full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started at this company working at the call center as a CSR. After 6 months, I was training new comers and in the running for the Team Leader position. I was offered the Team Leader position and continued to train because I loved doing it. After working at the company for 9 months, the owner had asked that I work at the corporate office. Bottom line is, this job provides OPPORTUNITY!! I work hard and do what I am suppose to and that is all it takes. I didn't have any prior experience and knowledge of real estate, but they teach and train you and get you ready for whats to come.
      Some of the employee's only see it as a call center job and if you do, you will not advance. But just like any other company, if you put in your time and effort, you will be rewarded and recognized. I love this company and I believe in the product. The owner is a great man who really cares about his employee's. He may be stern at times but its his job. He built this company from the ground up with the help of his brother and this company is his pride and joy.
       Another thing I love about this company and not only from an employee stand point, but as a customer, this company really listens to what they have to say. They constantly take feedback and ideas and acknowledge the customers input. The IT and marketing department are constantly working on changes the customers would like to see and thinking of ways to better the products. Not only that, but this company invest's money into the call centers whether the employee's realize it or not. Just recently, brand new computers and chairs where purchase for the call centers. A few months ago, one of the call centers changed locations into a gorgeous building with outstanding accommodations. If you are looking at it from a customer stand point, CSS is more expensive than its competitors but they make up for it in the quality of products they provide to the employees, the relationships they develop with the clients, and the care they put into everything they do.
        BENEFITS: This company provides so many benefits. Everything from health insurance to 401K, to student reimbursement (which I take advantage of), gas reimbursement if you travel, paid vacation, even accidental death insurance. I think its great and I have never worked for a company that offers so much back to their employees

Cons

The only downside I can really see is the flexibility of the call center employees breaks and schedules. Because the call center is so busy at times, they are compromised but I also feel that is the employees cared and worked hard, it wouldn't happen. And if the breaks or lunches are compromised, the company will provide you with lunch.

Terrible

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Team Leader in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is always something to do

Cons

the management team is horrible....especially the branch manager.

don't pick on people to make them quit.

Horrible Management

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Overtime if they are slow

Cons

Not an organized company to work for

Get Managers that know what they are doing

The company is a great entry level company

I worked at Centralized Showing Service

Pros

the pros are the workers. They are fun, reliable and easy to get along with

Cons

The cons are the callers and clients they get agitated very easily. They offer only a half an hour lunch which is not comparable to the workload given.

give a longer lunch