Centralized Showing Service

Bob Faherty

1. Customer services rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Centralized Showing Service part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is an extremely flexible job if you're part time, and go to school or have another job.

Cons

It is extremely repetitive and boring.

Unorganized, disrespectful, over populated building, and shameful company!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hmmm..you get to listen to upper management brag about how successful they are. Usually if you have to talk about that then you aren't successful.

Cons

Training is 2 days long, and you never really get to use the system, so you are already set up for failure. Actually, agreeing to work here is failure. The pace is unrealistic to keep up or actually make a career out of. They will constantly use remote access and make you take calls making you available. The clients are rude, disrespectful, treat you as if you are a tellamarketer. The script is robotic and insincere (like management is to you as well). They send you home early and it shortens your check 5-10 hrs. If you are still reading this don't make the same mistake I did. This company should be out of business, their equipment is all broke and it almost seems like they are bankrupt. I was lied to about having my own desk, you don't get one and sharing headsets and desks was the straw that broke the camel's back. It is like always cleaning after trashy people.

Advice to Management

don't treat people like they mean nothing, because you work for this company's weß

Horrible!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Centralized Showing Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the supervisors are nice people and are just trying to earn a living. You get to sit down, although it's personally driving me stir crazy.

Cons

Almost everything about this place is awful. For CSR's they advertise a pay range of $9-$15 dollars but they start 90% of people at $9.00.The most they pay anyone is $10.00 an hour and that is only for those with college degrees and management experience. Yes, they lie to you from the get-go, that's what type of company they are. The benefits are a joke. The training program is very bad and before you have a chance to get a grip on all the information they are throwing at you, they put you on the phone. Really, who does that? You are the first point of contact to their clients, and you represent the company, but yet you know nothing or how to do it. The meager benefits are horrible. There's a very strict attendance policy based on a points system. To sum it up, you can call off 4 days a year. Having a DR's note is NOT an excused absence. After those 4 days are used up any call offs or tardy incidents are subtracted from a bank of 100 points. This bank does not replenish although you will have the opportunity to earn about 20 points a year to add to the balance. A call off deducts 15 points, being late 1-10 minutes is 4 points and there are other deduction levels based on how late you are. Once you get the hang oof the job it's very boring, aside from the occasional upset caller. Some of the callers are highly abusive so you have to be the type of person that can deal with that. Weekends will always be mandatory. Turnover is predictably high, so if you stick it out you will constantly be working with people who don't know what they are doing, thus making many mistakes. CSS is also notorious for understaffing its call centers. The calls come in back to back. There is hardly a moment's rest. The problem with this is that on busy days, not all the calls will be made on time and that results in real estate agents walking into a home sellers house without the homeowner being aware they are coming. Sometimes an agent walks in and they are naked or such. It's always fun to handle the aftermath when those people call in. Max raise is .50 cents a year- though they are very stingy in actually granting a full raise and there is no room for advancement. The best you could hope to become is a supervisor where you would make an extra $1 dollar an hour. As far as the bigger, better positions like call center directors and such- they are hired from outside the company and their jobs are just as bad as the CSR's. The last 2 at my call center have walked off the job with no notice given in less than 2 months time. This is all due to the policies set by the corporate heads of the company.

Advice to Management

I'm not going to bother. The people that have the real power in the corporate offices are certainly aware of what's wrong with the company. They simply don't care. It's about squeezing every last cent they can out of the business, however shortsighted the policies may be. they figure If a competitor gets too big they just buy the company out. Hopefully someday they reap what they sow.

This place sucks

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Euless, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Euless, TX

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time

Pros

There is not a whole of Pro's to share

Cons

They are on a point system , you to your limit and you are termed , they no longer accept Dr.Notes , not a stable company to work for , it is somewhat a dead end job. very high turnover . Lowest paid call center in the metroplex.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees , be more compassionate , and get to "know" your employees

The worst job I have ever had.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job I could do to get health insurance and my son worked there too so we could ride together, but they wouldn't coordinate our schedules once I was hired.

Cons

No sick leave, chairs from Walmart designed for people weighing less than 200 pounds being shared with people who weigh significantly more
    Shared headsets with no adequate way to sanitize.
    Draconian quality control, never takes the employees side no matter how rude the caller is.
    Will not give approval for vacation time until 2 weeks before the requested date. Ran out of room for more.....

Advice to Management

Value your employees! Treat them like they are your most valuable asset, not toilet paper

Very flexible with scheduling, but the struggle is real

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Centralized Showing Service part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great part time job to have if you have your own business, but need extra money. The dress code is very laid back, so you can be comfortable, while you work. Most of the staff are very friendly and I like the break room area. Great training! You get bonuses for attendance and for call quality. It is close to my home, so I do not have a long commute to work.

Cons

Although the employees are friendly, a lot of them are very unprofessional. The pay is very low for a call center( It Is about 3 dollars less than what other call centers in the area pay). I see a potential hostile work environment with some people trying to agitate people to the point that they want to quit their job.

Advice to Management

Unprofessional behavior belies that standard and disrupts the work environment. Supervisors and managers are expected to set a good example for their subordinates to follow. A supervisor, who fails to act in a professional way can damage employee morale.

Could be worse.

I have been working at Centralized Showing Service part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management has recently made changes for the better, offering set number of days off and sick days as well as opportunities to earn small bonuses based on attendance and performance. Supervisors are very approachable and welcome comments and suggestions by CSR's.

Cons

It is much harder to earn bonuses with all the restrictions on each call that is made. If you talk too loudly, forget to ask if the customer needs any more help before hanging up (even if they say, "That's all I needed today" or say "thanks" instead of "thank you", you can lose points and thus forfeit that elusive bonus. Also, after the first year, you are considered for a raise once a year and from what I understand, the highest raise you can be awarded as a CSR is .50 cents.

Advice to Management

Going in the right direction for the most part, but it seems if there was more incentive to stay as a CSR (better opportunities to stay/higher raises), CSS may be able to save in the long run with fewer training classes throughout the year.

9. Great place to gain call center experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Bedford, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Bedford, TX

I worked at Centralized Showing Service

Pros

The work is pretty easy and you are well trained by an awesome management team! Most of the real estate agents you speak with are super friendly. I had an overall great day every day. Plenty of opportunities for extra hours as well.

Cons

You start out part time, but good performance in your 90 days will get you full time. Pay could be a little higher.

Advice to Management

Find a way to fix the absentee policy. Even though I had doctors excuses and other documentation stating my absences, I was still terminated because of points that kept accumulating.

Does Not Care About Their Employees

I have been working at Centralized Showing Service full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a good start up job or a good job for students. They do promote from within for the most part.

Cons

Does not believe in work-life balance. Not LGBTQ friendly. Management of company as a whole is in disarray. The starting pay is very low compare to other call centers.

Advice to Management

You need to stop trying to fix things that are not broken and start fixing stuff that actually needs to be fit. You need to promote people based on their work and not the way they look or act, if it does not reflect negatively on the company. Need to understand that people have families and they would like to spend time with them from time to time.

Very easy job to do

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Leawood, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Leawood, KS

I worked at Centralized Showing Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very easy job to get and it's good if you're a college student who needs a paycheck. The company is expanding so that means there's growth potential. The environment is relaxed when it comes to dress code (if you're okay with a casual environment).

Cons

There's lots of favoritism in this company and the morale is extremely low. You get what's called "occurrences" which is if you call off work or come in tardy you get an occurrence added. There are opportunities to earn to negative occurrences, but the supervisors or whomever is in charge of that doesn't take them off quickly enough, but they're quick to add them.

You don't get weekends off, because this specific job revolves around what real estate agents and their schedules. The only way you'll get weekends off is if you've been employed for 2 years. So you can forget about work/life balance. Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas are the only holidays you get off. There's no holiday pay.

Advice to Management

Try understanding what the representatives do. Introduce shift bidding. If you don't treat your employees well, then trying to raise morale through potlucks and games is pointless.

RSS Feed </> Embed