CentreSource

Profile Unclaimed

CentreSource Reviews

4.3

Evan Owen

Challenging and exciting work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at CentreSource

Pros

There's never a shortage of opportunities for personal/professional growth at CS, because the company is constantly having to adapt and absorb new technology -- web development and strategy are not markets where a company can afford to rest on its laurels. Very few people come away from their experience at Centresource without having learned a ton. Owing to its size (not too big), the atmosphere is familial, so there's a laidback and comfortable feel..

Cons

Workload varies, and can be intense at times. The initial ramp-up to the expected knowledge and skill level can be stressful. The intensity and variability of the workload means that it's not a company for everyone.. People that are accustomed to a very regimented and static routine (typically at larger companies) will typically have more trouble adapting at first.

Centresource's size and industry means that it's difficult to find the balance between implementing operational procedures for efficiency's sake, and still being flexible. The danger is in overdoing bureaucratic overhead that isn't compatible with the break-neck pace of technology.

Great place to learn and kick-start a career

I worked at CentreSource full-time

Pros

Amazing people. Great clients. Fun place.

Cons

Low pay. Growing company...growth = growing pains. Par for the course.

An Environment of Excellence

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at CentreSource

Pros

CS provides a powerful environment for learning and pushing yourself to excel. Working for clients can be demanding, but you're rewarded with a wide range of projects that really help you become a master of your skills.

CS isn't a place for everyone and we make that clear in our interviews. The team only accepts those that are equally talented and hard-working. While this is stressful to those that can't perform, it creates a team of loyal, accountable, and highly talented people - the best in Nashville.

In the past year (2009), we worked hard to implement procedures that ensure both the client and team are happy. Despite a recession year, we added many high profile clients while still ensuring people could grow personally & professionally. Moreover, we're becoming more family oriented as more team members have children.

Beyond the people, I love the chance to work with clients from all over the world. I also love our actual office-space... a Romanesque House built in the late 1800's.

Cons

In the past, stress was a major issue. As a young CEO, I was torn between two competing forces: Keep the Client Happy and Keep the Team Happy. To ensure our success, I always chose to keep the client happy - but this creates a very stressful environment for the team.

We need to improve on our Interviewing Skills - its frustrating for both parties when someone can't perform in this environment.

At some point, I'd like for us to have a 401K as the final addition to our benefits - but its too expensive to add right now (disappointing to me as the owner).

Keep improving the quality of work, the caliber of team members, and the overall Interactive Community. We can't be perfect, but we can constantly strive to be better.