Centrelink

www.centrelink.gov.au

Centrelink Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Have perseverence or give up

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible working conditions
    Decent pay for average work
    Understanding of personal issues

ConsLack of genuine motivation
    Need to have strong internal motivation if you care about your work because actual results are not always valued and neither is hard work

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take a look at yourself if the only way you bond with each other is by turning a blind eye to the real issues or commiserating about how misunderstood you are

banging your head against a brick wall

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsWage - keeps me going until I finish my degree.

ConsNo matter how longer you are with the company, and how well you do your job, you are overlooked if you are not considered a team player, or someone in the "in" crowd, regardless of your experience and qualifications.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more aware of what is going on in your company, not just what you are being told by your middle management lackeys. There are numerous staff working for your company, doing a better job than others who have been promoted, and yet they continue to be overlooked because of personal opinions as opposed to professional competency.

learned, moved on. not a place for growth

Head Office (Former Employee)

Prosbig organisation, can meet top people at the very top level who appears to be genuinely careing for the nation's well being.

lots of people in every part of the country. one big domestic operation.

Consslow. think of the time it takes to do something, and times it by ten, and that will be how long it takes. of course the system is very big, but it shouldn't justify the slowness.

inflexible. not very motivated from within, very operations based, no innovation. conservative culture, everyone wants to climb up but no one truly cares about the organisation itself.

Advice to Senior Managementtake a look at the private sector, the banking industry would be the closer counter part, and see if things can be improved.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Urgh - Just waiting till I finish my degree

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsUmmmm... I might need to get back to you on this one. Maybe... No still have no idea, just trying to fill up the 20 word minimum.

ConsIt takes forever for anything to get done. They identify a way to save money - 6 months later the change still hasn't happened. No one listens to what front line staff have to say, front line staff don't have time to give feedback anyway. There are not enough staff serving customers but about 10 managers for every person being managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease - make a decision and do something, within a week, not a year.

great job

Electrician (Current Employee)

Prosvacation time always great, good bonuses, noproblem at alll, i will go back again

Conssweat shop, they could do with a good revamping of the facilites. what a place

Advice to Senior Managementget same good high power fans

Politics

Operations Management (Current Employee) Canberra (Australia)

ProsWork-life balance is acceptable, though I have had better in private industry. Knowing that the work that you are doing is performing a social good.

ConsNothing ever seems to get done. Endless meetings on trivial things that a decent executive or manager could decide on in 5 minutes takes twenty staff 2 hours to get a draft document out.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet involved in the branch or business. Communicate to staff. Make a decision. Do something other than relationship manager at your level and above.

Worked for Centrelink? Contribute to the Community!