Centric Business Systems Reviews

1. Great People Make a Great Company

Current Employee - Account Representative in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What drew me to Centric and what has kept me at Centric is the people that I work with. From the top down they foster a positive, team-focused environment. Every person I work with is very willing to help and go out of their way to do so. They also do a great job of recognizing people for going above and beyond with different management or peer awards. Manager are very open to all ideas and suggestions about improvements within the company. I have had a chance to work in two different roles with the company and in both I have felt like I had a chance to impact the company. Centric is growing rapidly because they go about business in the correct way by always putting the customer first in all aspects of the organization. It is definitely a company that you can feel proud about being part of because of this approach and the quality products they offer.

Cons

Overall my experience has been great and I can't think of much I would change about my time with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep being open to great ideas, Improving the communicating between departments, and keeping everyone up to date about company goals/changes.

2. Don't believe he positive reviews it's their HR department

Former Employee - Account Executive in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in McLean, VA

I worked at Centric Business Systems

Pros

Good ales training, that is about it.

Cons

The company is horrible and cut throat. Don't work here, find a different company to work for

Advice to Management

Treat your staff with respect and pay them more.

3. Sales Representative

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time

Pros

Positive outlook and good drive.

Cons

Extremely difficult to reach goals. Most people quit because it is too hard for them.

Advice to Management

Make sure the goals are outlined and that your employees can see the rewards they will get. Incentive is key. Clean out management and stick to your employee handbook.

5. Entry level sales

I worked at Centric Business Systems full-time

Pros

The company provides great sales training for new reps. Chance to manage the entire sales process from beginning to end.

Cons

This job is for entry level sales reps. Your activity is tracked closely, and it's considered as important as the result you get.

6. Customer's First

Current Employee - Training Specialist in Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - Training Specialist in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Centric for over a year as a sales representative and in a technical support role. As a sales rep, I felt that Centric gave me all of the training and tools to be successful. Centric also inspired in me a desire to take on a role as a technical/training specialist and opened several opportunities to me to make my transition beneficial to the company and myself. Centric has instilled in me the value of great customer service through our effective CustomerFirst program and has recognized me for going above and beyond my call of duty. I have always felt prepared to face any challenges with implementing our products and services into various office/business environments because of Centric's process of helping customers with various document management solutions. I am constantly on-site with our customers teaching and implementing solutions and strategies and I can truly say our process of helping other businesses achieve their goals through our solutions has been a wonderful experience and it has been a joy to build relationships with so many satisfied customers.

Cons

Communication can always be a challenge within the organization, but the good news is we are always voicing different strategies to improve our internal processes and continuing to working on making the way we communicate with each other better.

Advice to Management

The work-life balance is great and management allows me to take the personal time I need in addition to giving me the time to work effectively and efficiently. I feel like my managers are more like coaches and mentors in regards to encouraging me to do great work in a timely manner.

Life Changing

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Centric will test you to your limits. This is a wonderful thing. The saying: "Anything worth having is worth working for" really applies here. You work your hardest and you will get what you work for. I love it here and love the people that I work with.

Cons

Push yourself. The only con is if you cannot handle the work!

Advice to Management

Stay open, let people talk to you. You all are really good at that, please do not lose it.

8. Successful company, great leadership, high expectations/work load

Current Employee - Account Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Centric Business Systems

Pros

Centric really is a good company. Very competitive and highly rated in the market for our industry. Sound company structure. Great people. High standards set and followed. top-notch professional sales opportunity. Company is growing like crazy. good training and continuous training

Cons

Growth is great, but there is sometimes a break in communication when there is so much growth. As a sales rep as long as I stay on top of everything its fine. You work really long hours, but you get to plan your schedule

Advice to Management

Encourage reps to work hard but also enjoy a work-life balance. Management works hard and they expect everyone else to do the same. Encourage a balance.

9. Great 1st Job!

Current Employee - Sales in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Sales in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot about sales and being a professional. Commission is OK and you learn a tremendous amounts about technology as well. You are micromanaged, but it will prepare to be successful in your next job.

Cons

Base pay at the time was a base justification around 35k. Not enough to survive in the DC area. Not much room for advancement. The hours are ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Get rid of base justification.

10. Not for everyone but good company

Current Employee - Account Representative in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

at the cutting edge of the industry in document solutions; sales structure; rapidly growing company with expanding territories; the people are highly motivated and friendly

Cons

high turnover among new reps; "big brother" management; admin and service dept are having trouble keeping up

Advice to Management

Dont promote managers that are just great sales reps

11. Top 100 best well-run company and 50 fastest growing company in Baltimore, two of the main reasons I came to work here

I have been working at Centric Business Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and for, growing and stable company, terrific perks and outstanding benefits

Cons

Long hours for sales reps

Advice to Management

Review base salary for sales reps according to territories

RSS Feed </> Embed