Centric Consulting Reviews

Dave Rosevelt

1. Featured Review

Cool Place to Work!

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time

Pros

Takes care of it's employees, and goes out of its way to create unmatched experiences for it's people and clients. Self-managed PTO, company-wide trip each January and competitive total compensation. Entrepreneurship is key and Centric is heavily engaged in start-ups, social enterprise, philanthropy.

Cons

Centric consultants are go-getters, and have a high standard for our consultants. Expectations are high. Recruiting process takes some time because we are hiring for the long haul and want to get it right.

Jul 12, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for the kind words. We definitely have room for improvement as it relates to our recruiting timeline, but we also will always strive to prioritize 'getting it right' over the time frame for ... More

2. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Biggest pro is the quality of people that work here. Mostly experienced consultants with a Big 4 background. Relaxed atmosphere. No micro managing managers. Truly a flat organization. Lot's to learn.

Cons

You have to be your own advocate when it comes to career advancement.

Advice to Management

Continue the emphasis on the good hiring practices.

Consultant

Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to manage your career and evolve with technologies and the market. Work with great people and great clients. Ability to do project delivery work along with being part of a team that helps grow Centric's local presence for recruiting and business development.

Cons

It is your career, you will be guided but no "hand-holding". If you are not a go-getter you will be stagnant. This is a young, growing company - not a place to just sit around and clock out at 5 pm.

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting diverse candidates from different backgrounds and skill levels.

Recruiting

I have been working at Centric Consulting

Pros

The employees and especially upper management are very professional, smart, and have an excellent understanding and approach on helping our clients. Centric also truly cares about each employee, professionally and personally. I am lucky I work here and truly appreciate all the hard work everyone puts in to make Centric the fast growing and exciting company that it is.

Cons

there are no cons that I can think of. Centric works in a way that makes it easy to access upper management and work on your career goals.

Great company for smart hard working people

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership team, opportunity to go anywhere in the company if you take initiative. Interesting work, good clients. Good life work balance. Fun team environment.

Cons

Tends to be a better environment for self starters. Not a lot of hand holding.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fun environment...build out shared services to support local business units more.

7. Define your own path!

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time

Pros

My favorite aspect of Centric is the ability to define your own career path. For some, this can be a challenge, but I found it very freeing. Centric is not afraid to try new things, when they make sense, to deliver unmatched experiences both with the client and the employees.

Cons

Centric is a medium size company that feels like a small company. Each geography has it's own culture, but that can sometimes make unified experiences in the company lacking. Your experience can depend on the leadership of the Business Unit you were hired into.

Advice to Management

Keep chugging through the growing pains!

8. A Firm That Lives Its Core Purpose and Values!

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Centric has a leadership team that truly lives its core purpose of creating unmatched experiences for its employees and clients. I have personally witnessed partners in the firm act in ways that directly reduce profitability in order to do the right thing for the client or create a value add unmatched experience. It is great to see in action! In addition, I am seen personally seen similar actions as it relates to the well being and personal happiness of their associates. The examples for associates are numerous and range from personal counseling services to military support to humanitarian aid for those impacted by tragic events. One special event I recall was when over 250 Centric staff members and their spouses came together to rebuild a community center destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. Amazing to see and be a part of.

Cons

While I am a significant fan of Centric and their leadership team, I do think there are times where I'd like to see the business unit leadership act with more consistency around collaboration with each other and with the industry verticals and service offerings. I realize this is something that will be learned over time but it would be great to see sooner rather than later!

Advice to Management

Keep a pulse on customer and employee satisfaction as you grow. Stay true to the core values of the firm. It is the secret sauce that makes this place so special!

Jul 7, 2015 – VP Technology

Thanks for the kind words. And I agree with you. Our focus on unmatched client experiences (UMCX) as it relates to delivery of work and simple acts of human kindness is such a simple concept and so ... More

One employees opinion

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked with some really great people that have made working with Centric very enjoyable. It's one of those things that you can't really put a price on because how do you equate happy work life to money? Centric also always tries to do the right thing from an employee standpoint. Sometimes it just takes leadership a while to figure out what the right thing is or to start moving in that direction.

Cons

As with every company there are some individuals who i've had issues with. But fortunately those were few and far between. And being in a consulting firm, moving from project to project, you're always being put with a new project team. Centric is a regional company and mostly in the midwest. Each individual BU has it's own personality and can sometimes feel clique-y among themselves.

Jul 13, 2015 – President

The feedback brings a smile to my face on a Monday morning. Thank you! We've tried from the beginning to create a culture not about money and short term financial goals but about really enjoying your ... More

10. One of the best management consulting company in the market

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Be in the company of best Growth potential Lot of recognition Good compensation package Treated like a family Events and Parties

Cons

Uncertainty about the next project, Insufficient bench strength and long bench period are some of the factors to be considered.

Advice to Management

Teams should be more diverse

Jul 6, 2015 – Director Operations

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. It's great to here from newer employees as they always have a fresh perspective. Regarding your advice to management I want to let you know that I ... More

Great Company to work for who cares about their employees.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Centric Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Centric genuinely cares about their employees. They have a goal of making an unmatched experience for their employees as well as their clients. In my experience, Centric compensates well and rewards high performance.

Cons

Career growth is moving in the right direction but when I first started 3 years ago it was more of an after thought. This piece is important to showcase going forward how to continue to progress your career.

Jun 17, 2015 – Director Operations

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad your enjoying your time at Centric. Regarding your comments in the "Cons" section I wholeheartedly agree. I'm also excited about the progress we've made putting in ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed