Centric Group Reviews

Jim Theiss

1. Excellent company!

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Centric Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are fantastic. Flexible for family oriented people. Team atmosphere and the opportunities are endless. Just find the right job for your talent and need and the company's need.

Cons

No cons that I can think of off the top of the head. Maybe that the ladder can be a slow mover.

2. Budget-driven closely-held culture. Not forward looking.

Current Employee - IT Leader in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - IT Leader in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Centric Group

Pros

Holding company for diverse group of companies in different businesses. Interesting variety to work with.

Cons

Low morale. Bottom line focus and unpredictable job security even with high growth and rising profits.

Use more outside consulting and modernized processes.

Burn out and burned out by childish co workers and management

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Centric Group full-time

Pros

Benefits. 401k. Travel perks. Pay. Recession proof industry

Cons

Ignorant management. They focus on the wrong aspects and at my office, they spent more time reacting to work needed and looked for was to tattle on other people. Several instances where accusations happened but there was zero grounds for any of it. Tech team was overworked and underpaid. Tech products are not innovative. Too much work and not enough people to handle it. Too many mid level managers wasting money.

Fire mid level managers. VP,s who don't do their work in a timely fashion ...correctly..need to be held accountable for it! Focus on business priorities and customers. You aren't customer centric anymore!!

5. Quality assurance sanitation manager

Current Employee - quality control sanitation manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - quality control sanitation manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Centric Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None found, expierence very limited, seems very poorly managed. Not used to dealing with professionals.

Cons

They offered me a position and they were offended when I tried to negotiate salary and took back there offer. Very childess and not very professional!

6. Centric Group is a great place to work

Current Employee - Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Centric Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am a new engineer at Centric Group and have found that it is a great place to work. Management is open to ideas and very approachable. Coworkers have been exceptionally helpful in making me feel welcome and we are geting a lot of things accomplished. The pay is good and there are a lot of opportunities at this company for success. The company is very stable, has great revenue and is growing. This is a place where, if you have the skills, you can be assured of a long rewarding career. The office is comfortable and the company gives you the tools that you need to succeed.

Cons

None, however if you are looking for a place to slack off this would not be the company for you. They expect high quality employees and they expect you to get accomplished what you set out to do.

Management has good insight on the company and is making the right choices to ensure the company continues to grow into the future. My advice would be to keep on doing what you are doing!

7. Very good the first year, but after that the last three were very painful.

Former Employee - Information Technology in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Centric Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company makes a lot of money.

Cons

Poor Leadership, and I don't think they care about the common working class

I don't think they would listen,

8. Product Developer

Current Employee - Product Developer
    Current Employee - Product Developer

I have been working at Centric Group

Pros

Co-workers are a great support system.

Cons

Right now there is a lot of tension in the air between teams, causing a negative work environment.

Communication is key... invite everyone who will be working on a project to all meetings and make sure they are CC'd on emails pertaining to their projects.

9. Keefe Commissary Network a career company that you would LOVE to retire with.

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Centric Group

Pros

location, inovation to technology, treatment of people not only by peers but supervisors also, benifits, job security and job growth potential, ability to learn daily, fairness of work load and the ability to have personal life. holiday parties for employees and some with thier family also. They listen to their employees ideas and will incorporate them if thought to be worthwile, this means anythign from the little ideas to full year projects. full work week with normal business hours and no weekends unless there is a crisis (only for certain jobs and work areas)

Cons

less employees doing more jobs per employee. rotational oncall

margin of pay needs to be brought higher to cost of living. a better communication with facilities at time and peer to peer interworking

10. Very business focused

I have been working at Centric Group

Pros

The company really believes in its products and is very involved in the community. They participate in all charity events in the community.

Cons

Once the economy turned, it went from slightly employee focused to completely bottom line focused. The attitudes towards employees soured. They are not believers in hiring from within.

Invest in employees more. Provide more opportunities for employees to grown. Train employees to move within the ranks rather than leave them in positions and hire from the outside.

11. Typical headaches

Current Employee - Programmer
    Current Employee - Programmer

I have been working at Centric Group

Pros

401k, medical benefits, paid time off

Cons

No career path, below average salary, poor leadership by executive management.

Listen to your middle managers and staff level employees. When problems are brought up, take action to fix them.