Centrify Reviews

34 reviews filtered by
4.7
Tom Kemp

1. Featured Review

Great software! Great Management Team! Centrify is heading places!

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Centrify is growing 40% year-over-year. They keep improving on their core software: identity and priv. management across cloud and datacenter. This provides for an exciting work environment to support, sell and be a major part of. C-level mgmt know what they are doing to build a company (and software) from scratch. Employees are treated well and compensated accordingly. Anyone that leaves Centrify usually ends right back at Centrify.

Cons

It is really hard to find a reason to leave.

Advice to Management

Keep up the aggressive approach to product development and sales!

2. GREAT SOFTWARE! BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR 2015

I have been working at Centrify

Pros

I just started working at Centrify for two months and already see potential growth of the company. I recommend anyone to work here.

Cons

I don't see any downsize yet.

3. Great people and products.

I have been working at Centrify full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Have solid product offering. Sales teams are set up to really support customer needs. Executive team is good at communicating down and has a excellent go to market.

Cons

Really aren't any of significance. Are a smaller company but that is also a pro.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking with the customers and partners best interest in mind and we will keep growning.

5. "Really a Great Company to Work for "

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Centrify full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company has great Collaborative culture
    All Employees are given opportunity to give suggestions

Cons

Would be helpful if Telecommute is given at least 1 day in a week

6. Great Place to Work - Very Happy

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Collaborative culture, no politics, everyone working towards the same goal. The teams are cohesive. The company has good benefits and salaries. The workforce is talented and the company is careful when hiring. Management encourages training and career growth.

Cons

Would appreciate more telecommuting flexibility for those with long/difficult commutes and would appreciate bonus incentives

7. Great company with great vision

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Centrify

Pros

Team is very collaborative. Competitive pay. Good Benifits

Cons

Brand is not as well known yet

It's a great time to be at Centrify

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting products and services, strong market position. Top notch executive leadership and VCs.

Cons

The pace is very fast, so most big company people will not fare well here.

Advice to Management

Stay focused. Go public!

9. Fast-Paced, Collaborative and Growing...

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I joined Centrify almost exactly one year ago and my excitement for the company remains strong. The culture is collaborative, focused, open and non-political. New ideas are met with an open mind and employees (both executive and individual contributors) consistently extend a helping hand to help push projects and campaigns along - even if its outside of their domain area. The pace is fast and the people are smart. The CEO and other E Team members are accessible and communicative. And, there is huge upside for the company! A potential IPO candidate, the market is ready for Centrify.

Cons

The company has a tendency to focus on too many things at once. I would like to see more prioritization in our 1) business goals 2) product strategy and 3) GTM tactics.

Advice to Management

You have done a great job in creating an open, collaborative culture. Keep cultivating that….even as we grow. Also, as we approach an IPO, scaling the team will become even more important….as will prioritizing our efforts and focus.

Breath of fresh air

I have been working at Centrify full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I came to Centrify looking for a smart tech startup with a savvy management team, and got that plus a culture so great it's almost unbelievable. The people are smart, communicative, collaborative, and really care about the company and each other. I realize it sounds corny, but I'm excited to get in every day and I don't want to leave. Having been in the big corporate grind, where everything is silos and politics and red tape, it is such a breath of fresh air to be able to make real contributions that matter and work with a team that is also excited, intelligent and driven.

Cons

You've gotta commute the 101. Seriously, that's all I've got. The company is in serious growth mode so there are the associated challenges, but the management team is meeting those opportunities head-on and really working with everyone in the company to get there. It's busy - if you are looking for something cushy and easy, look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on the culture piece - it's great, and it takes work to keep it as you grow.

11. High expectations with high rewards

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was excited when I first started the interview process with Centrify. In my experience, the excitement usually dies down after a few months at most companies; Centrify is NOT most companies. It's been a full year since I started and I have not lost an ounce of excitement. The people are great, the management listens, and I feel that they care about me, the employee.
    Everyone seems to be working towards the same goal; growing the company while keeping core values and culture in tact.
    In some cases, the interview process may seem to go on for a long time (multiple interviews with a range of individuals), we spend a lot of time ensuring that an employee is a good match for the company, and this is also your time to verify that the company is a good match for you. This has shown to be very effective in keeping our culture strong.

Cons

As I mentioned in the title, there are a lot of high expectations. As such, you cannot be a slacker and expect to go far. While this should be true of any company, I have seen too many places that ignore slackers and add more work to those who can perform. Centrify is NOT that place, if you want to come to work and collect a paycheck just because you showed up, you will not enjoy it here. I specify this as a con because you need to perform at a high level. And with a lot of other high level performers, you always need to bring your A game. You are rewarded for your efforts, but don't expect mediocrity to be grounds for raises or bonuses.

Advice to Management

Management, continue sharing and recognizing top performers. It may seem like a small piece, but showing that you can achieve greatness and that hard work is rewarded helps me stay motivated. The one piece of advice I would offer is to consider new and alternative approaches to our annual employee review system. It is an area that could do with some improvement.