Centrify

4.7

Tom Kemp

Great Place to Work - Very Happy

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Collaborative culture, no politics, everyone working towards the same goal. The teams are cohesive. The company has good benefits and salaries. The workforce is talented and the company is careful when hiring. Management encourages training and career growth.

Cons

Would appreciate more telecommuting flexibility for those with long/difficult commutes and would appreciate bonus incentives

Great software! Great Management Team! Centrify is heading places!

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Centrify is growing 40% year-over-year. They keep improving on their core software: identity and priv. management across cloud and datacenter. This provides for an exciting work environment to support, sell and be a major part of. C-level mgmt know what they are doing to build a company (and software) from scratch. Employees are treated well and compensated accordingly. Anyone that leaves Centrify usually ends right back at Centrify.

Cons

It is really hard to find a reason to leave.

Keep up the aggressive approach to product development and sales!

It's a great time to be at Centrify

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting products and services, strong market position. Top notch executive leadership and VCs.

Cons

The pace is very fast, so most big company people will not fare well here.

Stay focused. Go public!

Great company with great vision

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Centrify

Pros

Team is very collaborative. Competitive pay. Good Benifits

Cons

Brand is not as well known yet

Breath of fresh air

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I came to Centrify looking for a smart tech startup with a savvy management team, and got that plus a culture so great it's almost unbelievable. The people are smart, communicative, collaborative, and really care about the company and each other. I realize it sounds corny, but I'm excited to get in every day and I don't want to leave. Having been in the big corporate grind, where everything is silos and politics and red tape, it is such a breath of fresh air to be able to make real contributions that matter and work with a team that is also excited, intelligent and driven.

Cons

You've gotta commute the 101. Seriously, that's all I've got. The company is in serious growth mode so there are the associated challenges, but the management team is meeting those opportunities head-on and really working with everyone in the company to get there. It's busy - if you are looking for something cushy and easy, look elsewhere.

Keep an eye on the culture piece - it's great, and it takes work to keep it as you grow.

Growing company with focus on work-life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Centrify competes in 2 primary markets that are hot and growing (PIM and IDaaS). The company is well respected and has great technology. Leadership team is truly passionate about the business and are all very approachable. Open door policy is not just lip service here -- anyone can talk to anyone, regardless of level, and will be heard. While the company is growing rapidly, the team understands that employees have personal lives. The company pays well, and actually pays quarterly bonuses (I've been at many companies in the valley where bonuses were promised but never paid).

Cons

Company is not well known. Markets are competitive. Diversified product portfolio is both an advantage and a disadvantage -- hard to keep focused. Company is experiencing typical growing pains for a company at this stage as it matures from a nimble startup to a mid-market enterprise.

Focus. Don't hedge bets -- make tough decisions and only go after markets that make sense. Eliminate products that don't have the potential to be billion dollar businesses and weed out low performers.

Fast-Paced, Collaborative and Growing...

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I joined Centrify almost exactly one year ago and my excitement for the company remains strong. The culture is collaborative, focused, open and non-political. New ideas are met with an open mind and employees (both executive and individual contributors) consistently extend a helping hand to help push projects and campaigns along - even if its outside of their domain area. The pace is fast and the people are smart. The CEO and other E Team members are accessible and communicative. And, there is huge upside for the company! A potential IPO candidate, the market is ready for Centrify.

Cons

The company has a tendency to focus on too many things at once. I would like to see more prioritization in our 1) business goals 2) product strategy and 3) GTM tactics.

You have done a great job in creating an open, collaborative culture. Keep cultivating that….even as we grow. Also, as we approach an IPO, scaling the team will become even more important….as will prioritizing our efforts and focus.

Awesome Technology, Passionate CEO

I have been working at Centrify full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Centrify offers a great environment to grow and contribute to the company's success. The CEO is a true authority on all things security and leads the company with both a humble and direct approach which is very balanced. He is approachable to any employee which is great to see. Centrify just recently celebrated its ten year anniversary but in essence, its a thriving, exciting VC backed growth technology company poised to take market share in 2015 and beyond. Recent additions to the leadership team have created a new excitement in the product direction and the company's strategy. A great place to push forward in your career.

Cons

Still young and entrepreneurial so some of the leadership qualities are still lacking. A relatively young sales group and what's defined as "swim lanes" internally could hinder the company's ability to grow to where its truly a market leader in IAM. IdaaS.

Listen to your gut, make some tweaks to support a long term growth and revenue strategy that can catapult your market performance. The technology and most of the thought leadership is there, just bring it out and listen to some ideas of change that can continue to move the company forward.

High expectations with high rewards

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was excited when I first started the interview process with Centrify. In my experience, the excitement usually dies down after a few months at most companies; Centrify is NOT most companies. It's been a full year since I started and I have not lost an ounce of excitement. The people are great, the management listens, and I feel that they care about me, the employee.
    Everyone seems to be working towards the same goal; growing the company while keeping core values and culture in tact.
    In some cases, the interview process may seem to go on for a long time (multiple interviews with a range of individuals), we spend a lot of time ensuring that an employee is a good match for the company, and this is also your time to verify that the company is a good match for you. This has shown to be very effective in keeping our culture strong.

Cons

As I mentioned in the title, there are a lot of high expectations. As such, you cannot be a slacker and expect to go far. While this should be true of any company, I have seen too many places that ignore slackers and add more work to those who can perform. Centrify is NOT that place, if you want to come to work and collect a paycheck just because you showed up, you will not enjoy it here. I specify this as a con because you need to perform at a high level. And with a lot of other high level performers, you always need to bring your A game. You are rewarded for your efforts, but don't expect mediocrity to be grounds for raises or bonuses.

Management, continue sharing and recognizing top performers. It may seem like a small piece, but showing that you can achieve greatness and that hard work is rewarded helps me stay motivated. The one piece of advice I would offer is to consider new and alternative approaches to our annual employee review system. It is an area that could do with some improvement.

Great company with smart team at all levels... and steady, continuous growth.

Current Employee - Account Management in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Account Management in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very open environment to provide input and get things done. Team members all genuinely care about accomplishing goals and supporting each other.

Cons

Need to continue to do more with SaaS both fast and accurately.

Keep pushing forward and being transparent in communication.

Centrify Photos