Centris Consulting

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

David Nape

Very Rewarding.

Applications Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Centris Consulting

ProsExcellent company to work for. Centris is a first class consulting firm headed by a group of real professionals. I was very impressed with the level of management expertise in their market. They get very high visibility projects for their employees to work on, and you are rewarded when you do a good job.

ConsSome projects do require quite a bit of travel, but ample time is given , and you are generally home weekends.

Very poor pay

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Centris Consulting full-time

ProsTravel points, reward miles, pay on time

ConsOnly like 5 people who work here now I believe. The positive reviews on here are written by the CEO or a relative. Funny.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell something new and pay market rates.

Flag Review

Centris Consulting Director of HR & Finance responded to this review

Sep 24, 2013

The above post is highly inaccurate. Centris Consulting is a highly technical specialized consulting firm. Currently we have 4 project teams. The projects include both government and private ... More

Centris Consulting is an outstanding team oriented company

I have been working at Centris Consulting

ProsCentris Consulting has a great team of employees, most of whom are highly technical subject matter experts. The Company has an outstanding collegial atmosphere and excellent pay and benefits. There is great emphasis on Personal Accountability. Employees that are committed to excellence will enjoy the sense of empowerment and ability to use their strengths creatively. As a very agile company, Centris is able to quickly adapt to changing technologies and environments. Centris is very focused on its clients and its mission of assisting those clients to "connect systems to performance". I have been working for Centris for 4 years and have found it a tremendously rewarding experience.

ConsPeople who have a strong sense of mission and are very self-motivated will enjoy working at Centris. However those who prefer or require a very structured environment may find it difficult to adjust.

Advice to Senior ManagementCentris should continue its emphasis on mission and client-centeredness and continue to reward innovation, creativity and commitment to mission. It is a pleasure to work with such a great group of people.

Rewarding with the ability to grow in the business world

Executive Director of Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at Centris Consulting

ProsExcellent people to work with

ConsWe have to travel to all our client sites which may be tough to get to based on their location

Advice to Senior ManagementStay true to your core-group who have Centris's best interest at heart

Good company!

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Centris Consulting

ProsCentris Consulting is a progressive consulting firm that provides a great deal of freedom to it's consultants and project managers. Micro-management is virtually non-existant and senior leadership is open to suggestions and input from all levels.

ConsThe travel can be brutal. If you are the kind of person that does not like to travel 45-50 weeks per year, this company is probably not for you.

Second Tier Consulting Organization

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Centris Consulting

ProsIt's a paycheck with average at best benefits.

ConsVery much a second tier consulting organization. A couple of very talented people have come and gone, but overall not a high quality shop. I'm getting ready to go to a major consulting organization that is respected in the marketplace. Centris paid the bills for a while, although the salary is 20 percent below market for my skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to sell business.

Very small company and a very small paycheck

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Centris Consulting

ProsLittle bureaucracy because everything is controlled by one individual. Very small company feel. A few very talented individuals work for Centris.

ConsIf you work for the money and benefits, then this is not the place for you. Centris Consulting is a consulting company focused primarily on the Department of Defense/Military. Centris has about 15 employees depending on the projects going on at the time. Work is done at the client site and I venture to say that most employees never see the Scranton office. Consulting pay is about 10-20% under market. You basically pay for dependent health care on your own through the Centris plan-very expensive. No 401k matching, no formal bonus program, no formal salary reviews, no tuition reimbursement-you get the picture.

I worked there for a few years and stayed that long because I really enjoyed the client I was working with. It was like I was working for myself and had very little interaction for the first two years with Centris itself. I had one visit for a couple days the first year from a corporate person. I found the culture to be very strange and something that I was not use to. I have worked for a couple Fortune 500 companies and a large private company and this was a culture I never adapted to. Very defensive and protective in my opinion.

I left and had 4 consulting opportunities within 2 weeks and am going to work for a very large consulting organization making 20% more in total compensation and with a more mainstream benefit package. I should have done this long ago!

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer significantly better pay and benefits, give formal reviews, and become more real. Quite a bit of smoke and mirrors exist now.

Centris Consulting is a great place to work.

I have been working at Centris Consulting

ProsI’ve been working with Centris Consulting for several years now and I must say it is a good company to work for. I have worked for 5 different consulting companies and Centris is the only one I was willing to come back to. I have been given the chance to advance through the company based on my knowledge and experience and it is one of the few firms that allow a consultant the freedom to do the job for the client with few if any restrictions. Whenever I needed something to advance the project, I have never been turned down. The motto has always been “the client comes first”.

As for salary, Centris pays a very competitive wage. I work on a very large project with many other consultants and Centris pays at least and in many cases more than other companies for similar positions. And for a smaller firm, its benefits package is very comparable.

I hope I have the opportunity to continue working with the good people at Centris for a long time.

ConsAll of the projects completed for Centris and our clients involve 100% travel. Although we get home each weekend, sometimes it is difficult to get on a plane and be away from family and friends, especially during special times in our lives.

Good Working Experience and Great Opportunity for Growth

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Centris Consulting

ProsVery knowledgeable and experienced consultants who work together as a team to deliver oustanding results to our clients. Excellent management team who think out of the box in developing new client relationships and delivery of our services.

ConsExtensive travel to work with our clients on site.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work hard on developing and refining the front end Sales Process, Once we begin working with a client, we continually get extensions and referrals.

Great Company with Lots of Potential

I have been working at Centris Consulting

ProsCentris has some of the best subject matter experts in the industry working for them. Senior management is easily accessible and the company's goals and path forward are transparent across the organization. Compensation and benefits are good, they provide a healthy work environment, and individuals who are motivated, driven, and take initiative are recognized and congratulated by top management. Communication with other employees is very efficient and projects are approached with a team-based perspective.The company is encouraging/paying for employees' continuing high-level education and accreditation in various subjects associated with our line of work. I currently work for Centris and the opportunities we have moving forward are making every day more and more exciting and enriching.

ConsCentris is a small company and this may not appeal to some. It is worth noting however that we compete for the same contracts as large firms do. Another thing is you are given ample space as far as what you are asked to do and what your are expected to do. Individuals who are not accustomed to going the extra mile in pursuit of excellence or those who do not work well without a "to-do" list in front of them will not be happy in this organization. But, these types of characteristics are what separates an average employee from a great employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementA quarterly performance review for individuals would be nice.

Worked for Centris Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Centris Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Centris Consulting CEO David Nape. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Centris Consulting employees.