Centro
www.centro.net Chicago, IL 150 to 499 Employees

Centro Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Shawn Riegsecker

Pros:
  • "Very flexible and generally a good work/life balance"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Great benefits and pay is very comparable or slightly above the industry standard"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Company is growing fast, but not as linear as a normal agency that many employees are used to"
    in 4 reviews
  • "This is more a con of the industry but it's fast-paced and fragmented"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Best job I've had so far

Chicago, IL

ProsEveryone is energetic and constantly pushing you to learn. I am surrounded by highly skilled teammates and everyone pulls their weight. The yoga and constant food is also amazing.

ConsFast paced. As long as you are willing to put in the work this is only really a pro.

Great place to work and grow

ProsI work with great people in a great environment that is trying to make a difference in the industry. I love that I'm encouraged to be a resource and help in any way I can to make a clients day better.

ConsWe move fast and have big dreams for the future. Sometimes that is hard to keep up with the changes that come along with that, but we try our best.

Great company

Chicago, IL

ProsWork-life balance, great benefits, wonderful people

ConsRaises are not given out unless you are promoted

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company Evolving Business model

ProsThis is one of the most progressive companies you can ever hope to work for. The company truly cares about and fosters the growth of it's people. The company is experiencing rapid growth and the business model along with the industry is changing rapidly. There are lots of smart people that work hard ot make the business successful.

ConsThe positive culture can result in people worrying about being nice over addressing critical performance issues. Must be more honest about the business and what must be done to address the gaps. Industry is changing rapidly and Centro must change to keep pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe vision for the company must be crystallized and communicated more effectively. Centro cannot be all things to all people. Must move from a human based business to a business that is run off of data and technology in order to succeed in the long run.

A collection of fun, smart people who work to do their best every day.

Supervisor, Campaign Analytics (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsI love the work I do and the company I do it for. There's a great mix of regular/routine work and new, challenging requests and responsibilities that makes the work interesting without being overwhelming. The greatest thing about Centro, though, is the people. I've never experienced another company that has such smart people who both understand what the work they do AND genuinely care so much about what they're doing. Layering on Centro's excellent culture creates an environment where relationships are more akin to a close friendship than to simply being work peers. It drives you to work that much harder when you know the people benefiting are working just as hard for you.

ConsWhile our "slow to hire, quick to fire" mentality ensures that we only have the right people working here, it also means that when we're understaffed (usually due to new business, rarely to employees leaving) it takes a while to get some relief.

Work hard, play harder

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsThis company is truly invested in making you the best version of yourself. They really look out for their employees' happiness and also do their best to educate and stay at the forefront of the digital industry. They hire the hardest working and smartest people in the field, so you'll go to work everyday knowing you're surrounded by great people.

ConsCentro makes digital media less fragmented for their clients. With that said, it's a lot of high volume, churn and burn, workload. It surely is a hustle, but a fun one nonetheless. Centro's technology makes it easier to turn around workload faster, but it is still high volume and somewhat inherently stressful job. Upper management does a good job of ensuring employees are happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone! Keep listening to the employees, keep being transparent, and keep it the #1 place to work!

Cutting Edge Technology, People and Employee Benefits

Account Management Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsBenefits - gym reimbursements, monthly farmers markets, HSA contributions, GENEROUS PTO package (15 days off PTO, with another 10 "Ferris Bueller days" for sick days, dr. appts, unexpected days off needed, etc.), tuition reimbursement programs, wellness programs, smoking cessation programs, yoga in chicago office, fruit delivery 3x/week, snack bar, strong training program, Monthly New Hire Happy Hours, and on and on...
    People - smart, always pushing me to be better and learn more and expand my horizons
    Culture - startup culture (without the hours), very family-oriented, very flexible (able to make changes quickly in process as needed); strong emphasis on growth and development

ConsIt can sometimes be a bit clique-y.

Best media advertising culture in the business. People are valued!

ProsSenior leadership is transparent and available, know how to have fun, fess up to mistakes, and are genuinely concerned for the people that work from them. This bleeds through the entire company and makes teams more collaborative, across departments and markets. You can read about all the other great perks on the website. :-)

ConsThis is not always a con, but Centro is a very sticky place and individuals sometimes lack outside experience. This creates a lack of perspective and objectivity in some situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversity is severely lacking, which is also an industry problem, but Centro has the type of culture to make a real impact here if they would make the effort.

Account Executive

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsCentro values hard work and rewards you for it. They are not the highest paying and not the lowest but rather fair and more than make up for it in uncapped commission structure, great benefits, and great perks!

ConsSometimes there seems to be a lot of change in priorities that are smaller but the general overall mission remains strong and steadfast. There can be some cliques.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great recruiting and building of internal teams to maintain the service level that our clients are used to.

Unique and Well Positioned

Director (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsNever been part of a company that offers such a great balance of product superiority (technology, services and software), growth (both revenue and employees), and in such a highly collaborative environment. It is no wonder why agencies and brands love working with Centro and why people love working there. The company fills a much needed void in the highly complex digital media landscape and does it with enthusiasm.

ConsThis is more a con of the industry but it's fast-paced and fragmented. If you don't like that then you don't belong.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping the culture strong can be challenging when growing so fast. Keep hiring with great scrutiny!

Worked for Centro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Centro reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Centro CEO Shawn Riegsecker. All 53 reviews posted anonymously by Centro employees.