Centura Health Reviews

Updated April 23, 2015
66 reviews filtered by
Gary S. Campbell

Pros
  • The fact that it is a faith-based company I think really creates a more positive and peaceful atmosphere (in 4 reviews)

• You are working with dedicated, hard-working, kind people who care about their work (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • a lot of work is hum drum/tedious (in 2 reviews)

• Core values are a joke since management has no integrity (in 2 reviews)

1. Clinical Supervisor

Current Employee - Clinical Supervisor in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Clinical Supervisor in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Centura Health

Pros

growth opportunities, great culture, patient satisfaction, striving towards continueous improvement

Cons

high turnover rate, opportunity for more competitive wages

Advice to Management

more competitive wages would increase employee satisfaction as well as improved communication

2. Nutritional Service Worker

I worked at Centura Health part-time

Pros

I loved working for this company. You get to meet a lot of great people and it was pretty easy labor for the pay (on most days).

Cons

It's really hard to get terminated and people know that so they slack off and management does nothing about it.

3. Seems ok so far.

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Centura Health

Pros

Able to make my own schedule (home health).
    Benefits eligible for part time
    There are usually snacks at meetings.

Cons

I have to drive my own car. I am reimbursed for mileage but taxed on it as earnings. Full time is given a car. I would like a car too.
    Full time is considered 40 hours. I think it should be considered 32-40 hours.

Advice to Management

I like the freedom and trust from most management. I have one manager that I'm not quite sure about yet...she is nice but seems fake about it and seems to have a power trip. That's a big turn off for an employee.

5. secretary

I have been working at Centura Health

Pros

The staff are great at SFMC, they try to work with what little they have.

Cons

Wow, things are definitely changing at PSF. The overall feeling is we are whipped, Centura Health as a system is lacking. Since Magnet status at PSF nurse retention is terrible, benefits are awful.(I guess we are lucky we have them) They have taken away EIB at 100% which we earned each pay period and replaced it with STD which pays 60%. Health insurance premiums have gone up, and don't even think of getting a job if you smoke, they won't hire you. After all these years we are going to cut your PTO time in half to "promote systemness and consistency in our policies" such crap! Oh and you really need to use your vacation time or we are going to take any excess away that you were not able to use!

Advice to Management

How about trying to keep what staff you have happy and work on retention. It feels like a revolving door, just when some one is oriented they move on. Try living up to your mission statement. Staff are not happy at St. Francis with the current administrative team, they are puppets for Penrose. The CEO and CNO need to spend a whole week at SFMC (preferably not in their offices)and see how busy we are and that we are a great bunch of employees who care about each other and our patients. We are no longer the little hospital on the hill!

6. Needs cultural organizational change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Centura Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company tries to make you feel appreciated.

Cons

Showering appreciation doesn't outweigh underpaying.

Advice to Management

Refrain from putting managers and supervisors above others by making it clear distinction of who is a peon and who is not.

7. Mission-driven commitment to excellent care and service to the community

Former Employee - Human Resources in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Denver, CO

I worked at Centura Health

Pros

The People that work at Centura are very dedicated to providing excellent care to the communities they serve

Cons

Great deal of change taking place in healthcare, in general.

Has the potential to be a great place to work

Current Employee - Information Technology
    Current Employee - Information Technology

I have been working at Centura Health full-time

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to learn and fine tune your skills. Vacation time accrual and 401K is better than more places.

Cons

Benefits are awful!! Very expensive premiums for a plan that is limited to centura approved providers with high out of pocket costs. Lack of diversity in the IT dept - Minorities should not waste their time here since your opportunities will be very limited. Forget about doing anything aside from Help desk or maybe desktop support. Lack of proper staffing will ensure burning out from the job quickly. Too many non IT people who do not even know basic troubleshooting of computers are running things. This place loves to promote from the outside and leave good people to rot in their roles.

Advice to Management

Try to actually care about your people. I would think with the all the meetings you have that perhaps employee satisfaction would have made it to one of your powerpoint presentations.

9. great forward-thinking faith-based nonprofit

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Centura Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-flexibility within department
    -encouragement to share innovative ideas
    -hands-on direct management, consistent encouragement and acknowledgment of good work
    -opportunity for growth within department
    -faith-based (can actually enjoy Christmas decorations at work, morning and evening prayers, Christmas caroling, acknowledging God's work through our own)

Cons

-benefits and insurance could definitely be better
    -silly politics within larger inter-facility department, lack of inter-departmental teamwork among "sister" Centura Health facilities

Advice to Management

Please concentrate on making employee insurance and benefits more competitive with the entities that are most likely to lure our employees (namely, Kaiser). It is disheartening to hear how amazing the benefits are for those at other companies. This, unfortunately for Centura, will continue to tempt and successfully take wonderful Centura employees until Centura Health addresses this issue.

Bad managers make a difficult job even worse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Centura Health

Pros

Centura makes attempts to be a good employer but experiences vary in each department, and are very dependent on the personality of the manager

Cons

--Care management services at Penrose is an extremely dysfunctional and abusive workplace. There is poor support and lack of direction from the managers especially with difficult cases. Managers waste huge amounts of the staff's time complaining about their own jobs instead of providing leadership in difficult situations.
    --Employees have no voice, people are harassed for their input and then publicly criticized and maligned, satisfaction survey results are used against the staff. Verbal assaults and yelling are a common and accepted means of communication.
    --No education for the staff, no connection with national organizations, no legislative updates even when changes in the laws impact job knowledge.
    --Transfers and promotions are based in favoritism, not competence
    --Inadequate number of prn staff to cover for time off, puts additional burden on the regular staff to cover other units when they can barely keep ahead of their own workload.

Advice to Management

Care management services is an important department regarding the overall functioning of the hospital.
    It is time to make some major changes with the leadership in that department at Penrose/St. Francis, improve the culture and overall functioning, and start to require some real accountability

I hated it! I have to go work to socialize. I was tired of sitting all day and not enjoying it.

Former Employee - Medical Coder in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Medical Coder in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Centura Health full-time

Pros

I worked for Centura Health for 17 years, I don't even want to go back there.

Cons

Not a place that I would want to work for. Ever!

Advice to Management

No advice!

Centura Health Photos