Centuria

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kevin Burke

Great company

Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
Martinsburg, WV

I worked at Centuria full-time for more than a year

ProsThey care about their employees.
Benefits are comparable

ConsI have no negative things to say about Centuria.

I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about Centuria.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Centuria full-time for less than a year

ProsLocality of corporate office in the RTC. Support charities and veterans (as long as you are not a vet working for Centuria).

ConsPoor senior management team (although they are all mostly gone now). Inappropriate talks during group luncheons (specific body parts and religion - from Sr. Execs). Poor treatment of employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about the people who work for you, not just those in your "circle". Understand that they too have potential, ideas, and vision to add to the success of the company if only allowed.

not very good place to work on

Senior Oracle Pl SQL Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Centuria full-time for more than a year

Prosgood location for corporate office in reston Virginia

Consnot good work culture environment

Viable/Transition Company

Requirements Analyst (Current Employee)
Herndon, VA

I have been working at Centuria full-time for less than a year

ProsReasonable salaries offered to persons of experience help this organization excel in the governmental contract arena. However, better management policies & standardization could be more effectively applied.

ConsVery little regard to educational achievement, or previous experience in the IT community.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore consideration to the longevity of governmental contracts could be made more apparent to potential hires. . .During contract transition, it was very apparent that "Full Knowledge" of organizational status was not shared. This disrespectful approach toward recruitment was rather reprehensible, and unfair to individuals, who had the expectation of long-termed employment.

Avoid - shady, sneaky, and deceitful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Centuria full-time for less than a year

ProsThey paid me for my time. Flexible schedule.

ConsIt seems they try to stay fully staffed to appeal to potential customers/contracts. As a result, they hire team members even if the current contract is about to end. They also don't inform potential team members of the impending end to the contract. The only way you will find out is from another co-worker. Despite the main office talking head telling us we had at least 90 days while a contract protest was being processed, I was still laid off (via email Friday evening) two weeks later. They show no concern for potential and current employees beyond what they law requires of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, I just hope karma is a real thing. To the HR/Recruiters, close your office door and use your inside voice. I'm sure they woman you were talking to on the phone wouldn't appreciate that half the office heard she was having a c-section because the baby was in the wrong position. Also, leave your yankee candles at home. They stink and are overpowering. Not appropriate for a shared office environment. Also, please have the decency to tell people to their face that they have been laid off instead of sending an email.

Centuria has offered consistent support and opportunities for advancement

I have been working at Centuria

ProsSupportive managment, a true culture of support and dedication to our customer--the Federal government, and friendly coworkers that share the passion for hard work and customer support

ConsBeing a government contractor, with contracts under various agencies and across the US, can hinder Centuria's abiltiy to implement company wide intiatives. Centuria is a small business which can make it difficult to match what much larger businesses offer.

Centuria is a company worth considering

I have been working at Centuria

ProsCenturia is a growing competent company. Continuing to apply key management decisions towards all decisions. Continuing to win major contracts and put in key infrastructure programs to support the growth. Lots of opportunities to get in while the company continues its growth.

ConsStill considered a small company and has lots of room to grow as far as infrastructure. May seem a little to small for some but great opportunity to become a key player.

Want to work in Inida, this is the place for you

Arlington, VA

I have been working at Centuria

ProsIf you are from India, this is a place for you. . It is just like working in India. You don't need to speak English. Enjoy India culture in America. You will have a lot of fun in playing Inida politics. The best part of it is that you can get a day off for watching Cricket game- the most popular sport in India.

ConsThis is a non professional working environment. I have worked over 10 companies before, this is the worst of all the companes I have worked for. The turnover rate is very high in this company. You won't get appreciated for the good job you have done. You would always get blamed on the job you have done.

Worked for Centuria? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Centuria reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Centuria CEO Kevin Burke . All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Centuria employees.