Centurion Medical Products

Tom Archipley

Great Great Company

Intern (Former Employee)
    Williamston, MI

ProsCostumed to what you want
    Offered very beneficial classes
    Relaxed work environment

Consvery few
    in williamston, not by much
    great facilities

Advice to Senior Management-

Great benefits, but not a great employer

N/A (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsGreat benefits, successful company, co-workers were great people to work with

ConsPoor pay, poor management, don't treat employees well, very successful but not the great company they used to be, little chance for raises or advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees more. Hire managers who know how to manage, support, and develop people. Listen to your employees and value their input - you'd learn a lot.

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat atmosphere and a pleasurable place to work. They employees there are very friendly and seem to get along. I enjoyed my time there. I feel there are great opportunities to improve yourself as a professional.

ConsI feel they should reward their everyday employees and make sure everyone is comfortable. I also feel that there needs to be more reward for those more on a bottom level and provide incentive for great work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A glimpse of what great companies could be

Quality Control (Former Employee)
    Howell, MI

ProsI worked in the production room before being moved to QC. Production was good where I worked, good people, easy going environment. Excellent training, many opportunities for growth. Many employees are willing to share knowledge of company processes, and direction. Nice benefits.

ConsThere is no base rate for any job though which is good and bad. Good if you're coming with a lot of experience from another company, bad if you are doing just as good of a job brand new to the scene, as a senior employee does. Another shady politic is preferential of employees. Lots of family members that get treated better than non-relatives, and who can get away with much much more and who get paid slightly more as well.

Company no longer cares about Employees or Customer Service

Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee)

ProsThe work schedule is monday-friday.

ConsYou are treated like a slave, and the pay is low for the job that you do. I worked here for 5 years and busted my @$$ and was promised advancement, but never saw it. Just got excuse after excuse, and then given even more responsibility with no increase in pay. I performed my job function as well as the function of my warehouse managers job. There are constant lies when management addresses employees, and employees are always left in the dark.

Speaking of dark, our warehouse we were required to work in would of been shutdown if OSHA would of ever walked in. Our warehouse had far from enough lighting, holes in the roof where water and cold air came in right onto the "sterile" medical products.

The company tells employees that saving money is more important than scrambling to meet a customers need. Without customers, what money is the company going to have?

I worked with co-workers who were at the company for 30 years, and when the owners son took over the company, seniority meant nothing, and the first ones to be laid off were the ones with the most years of loyal service to the company.

I was once again promised management in 2010 in my 4th year of working for the company, and not even 6 months later, my warehouse was one of 6 that the company closed. Our warehouse was closed due to having 4 employees there over the 20 year mark. We were told the only reason we received "advanced notice" (6 months prior) was because there was a "slip up" in the corporate office and they wanted the employees to hear from the company president instead of other employees at corporate.

I visited different warehouses for special tasks where the warehouse managers didn't know how to turn on and turn off a computer!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees much better, respect them as they work hard for you. Remember that dedicated employees and a high level of customer service were what got the company to where it is today.

Worked for Centurion Medical Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Centurion Medical Products reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Centurion Medical Products CEO Tom Archipley. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Centurion Medical Products employees.