Centurum Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.8
CEO

1. Wonderful place with wonderful people.

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Charleston, SC

I worked at Centurum

Pros

Caring atmosphere, great benefits, challenging job opportunities, government contracting at it's best, family friendly activities kept the employees engaged and responsive to the company goals and progress toward the future.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of. It was truly a great place to work and I enjoyed my time there.

2. beware of this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Centurum

Pros

I would credit some of the hard workers but I will not put people's names out there.

Cons

This company is horrible!!! They have poor management. They have don't know how to manage they're money, labor hours, lack communication and don't accommodate for their disabled workers. The pay is the worst! They bid the contract so low and can't pay the employers a proper salary. They had a serious incident where sensitive information was released to all the workers ie. W2s with socials, addresses and pay information. They're benefits are also bad. They don't match 401k, they're dental and medical need much improvement, they don't do yearly reviews, no bonuses and good luck getting a raise. The workers morale is down in the dirt and the people put in charge don't seem to care.

Advice to Management

Take care of your workers, stop being cheap and learn how to run your depot.

3. Helpful and supportive staff.

I worked at Centurum full-time

Pros

The people I worked for at Centurum were always upbeat, willing to answer questions, and helpful in a variety of situations.

Cons

As a subcontractor I did not get to work daily with the people I ultimately reported to.

Advice to Management

If possible, a little more diversification so subcontractors have options that would allow them to continue working for Centurum (directly or as a subcontractor).

5. Big enough to keep you challenged, small enough to maintain that family feel.

I have been working at Centurum

Pros

Awesome Holiday Party! Exceptional group of people at all levels.

Cons

Contracting is always a risky way to go.

6. Working at Centurum was a great experience.

Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Charleston, SC

I worked at Centurum full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay was good, the people are friendly and the management is fair. The company has more pros and cons.

Cons

When the work runs out, they'll try to keep the people they like. Shows favoritism or preference to certain employees.

Advice to Management

Things are slow, good luck finding work.

7. A diverse company with growing AND shrinking pains.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Centurum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good attempts to maintain a family atmosphere, easy to communicate to upper management, and responsive project support.

Cons

The trouble with a smaller company is it's ability to keep the ship above water when the waves get a little too high. Little support for those stranded by the changing project environment.

Advice to Management

Communicate proactively with the lower staff and seek their engagement in business development, individuals may sacrifice a few hours from time to time to help the larger company succeed and ensure their own continued positions.

8. Great people, positive atmosphere, and limited flexibility sum up this small company. Struggled through some downsizing.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Centurum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity if you are in the position you already want. Tries to keep you involved where possible, attempting to expand.

Cons

Limited career advancement and professional growth opportunities, rely on outside hiring. Decentralized management can cause issues with feedback.

Advice to Management

Develop the employees you have to fill the future needs of the business, implement plans to increase the employees marketability to future clients.

9. Great place to work ...if they could land any work.

Former Employee - Technical Writer
    Former Employee - Technical Writer

I worked at Centurum full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow coworkers were extremely nice.

Cons

Poor upper management unable to win new or retain current work.

Advice to Management

Bring in NEW CONTRACTS before everyone gets laid off.

10. Good company to work for while deployed

Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Centurum

Pros

The management staff is professional and provides its employees with everything they need while deployed. They are a sub contractor for L-3 Communications which I don't like but it's not Centurums fault. The pay is excellent compared to other contracts I have seen while deployed.

Cons

They do not permit you to sell back your leave if it is unused at the end of your contract and they do not pay for your flight while on leave when most other defense contracting companies do both.

11. Great for career technicians

Current Employee - Electronics Technician in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Electronics Technician in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Centurum

Pros

Centurum has a good work environment. Most of the local Charleston employees share a 2-person office and management has their own. Company regularly has picnics and luncheons.

Cons

Centurum is a small company for a defense contractor. The recent years have had some major fluctations (increases) in the cost of benefits.

Advice to Management

While it is great that management is not micromanaging, it is still nice for offsite (non office) personnel to see/hear from their program/project manager more than once every two weeks.

RSS Feed </> Embed