Century 21 Department Stores
www.c21stores.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Century 21 Department Stores Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Century 21 Department Stores – New York – “Lincoln Square, Manhattan, NY”

Century 21 Department Stores CEO Raymond Gindi

Raymond Gindi

Pros:
  • "Set Schedule You make Friends with co-workers outside of work"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Great co-workers all around that makes the job worthwhile"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "No more set schedule which resulted in cut hours (exactly one month before minimum wage increased"
    in 21 reviews
  • "Low pay for cashiers who has to work their butts off around holidays"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Only if you are desperate

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Brooklyn, NY

ProsIf u can't find another job and wanna make some money while u are looking for another job.

ConsSalary is ridiculous, you can get a vein disease by standing the whole day on your feet. Rude customers.

Advice to Senior Managementmake full time positions

Sales associate at c21

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat atmosphere made friends easily, set amount of working hours, weekly pay, training is not that bad set only for 3 days.

ConsBad management, minimum wage, pat downs when ever leaving to locker room or to exit the store

Advice to Senior ManagementAn 8 hour shift deserves more then half an hour of lunch

Pretty Horrible tbh

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee)
    Westbury, NY

ProsThe pros to this job is that you get retail experience in different departments when you finally decide to quit, because you will quit

ConsLong hours, they're always calling you to come in for more hours even though you have a day off. Guilts you to come into work anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't blame associates for the mistakes and sloppiness of the middle managers. We all need a job. Just appreciate us more.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Give excellent service to guests, assemble to disassemble merchandise shelves, post sign, achieve daily sale goal.

Engineer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Prosworking in a famous and busy retailer—century 21 Department Store. It teach me a lot of skill including: teamwork, pleasure guests and working under stress.

ConsTo be a outstanding one.

Advice to Senior Managementmotivate team more

Ok for high school students

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe Company Offers you opportunities for different rewards. Service leaders of the day are entered into a monthly raffle where they can win a high tech package(Ipad, Apple TV, Beats Headphones and Apple Gift Card) travel voucher and other prizes

ConsGrowth is very slow with the company, they are expanding the location to Philadelphia and are cutting cost where ever they can. Overtime is available, but the company recently had a policy where you can't work pass 40 hours.

If you need a paycheck, then it is ok.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent Co-workers. Outside of that no pros.

ConsPay. Leadership is backwards. Step and Fetch attitude

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some consideration foe your employees.

Spending days trying to catch shoplifters and other criminals. Also must provide top notch customer service.

Loss Prevention Guard (Current Employee)
    Westbury, NY

ProsLoss Prevention gets rewarded for catching shoplifters. Cash rewards up to $500.
    Fun, fast pace environment.

ConsRude customers just like any other retail job.
    No overtime.

great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey gave me a lot of hours.

ConsThey only paid minimum wage

The worst experience from management to schedules to employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule for school, and gain retail experience to put on your resume

ConsThey hire anyone if you can pass a simple math test, management is incompetent would schedule 5 people to work on a slow monday but only have 2 people closing on a busy saturday. This job is for teenagers not even college students. The managers have no type of education just a high school diploma which is why they are so irate. RCS (register complex supervisors) are pathetic always arguing with cashiers and one another and they are only paid 9.25 an hour. It is hard to make over 20 hours a week in this place unless your cool with the manager. They pat down employees, and watch any minority who enters the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that if your employees are happy they will treat customers perfect and also gain more loyalties which would inevitably increase sales and have legitimate "loyal" customers

Terrible, do not work there.

Sales Cashier (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThere are other ways to earn money besides your paycheck. For example you can make $100 just by finding someone who switched tags, or you can get up to $20 for every pair of mismatched shoes.

ConsThey are not flexible with their hours. Certain managers are rude. The RCS's are unprofessional. I worked a 12 hour shift overnight when it was only supposed to be 9. They only gave us a 15 minute break while working the 12 hours. They had me come back in 5 hours later and work my normal 6 hour shift. There is a lot of favoritism in this company. The LP workers are rude. The only people who seem to have some sort of self control are the people in HR. When I was offered a position in a different part of the store I should have taken it.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should really speak to your RCS's, and managers throughout the store. They need an attitude adjustment.

Worked for Century 21 Department Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Century 21 Department Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Century 21 Department Stores CEO Raymond Gindi. All 159 reviews posted anonymously by Century 21 Department Stores employees.