Century Park Associates

Updated July 28, 2014
Updated July 28, 2014

3.6

CEO

I have worked for Century Park Associates for years filling many roles over my employment

I have been working at Century Park Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This has been one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. I have worked in the retail industry, service industry, and commercial construction industry. This company is challenging to work for and seeks the best from each employee. There are employees with seniority of 25+ years at this company, some in the corporate office and some at buildings.

Cons

Management demands what is best for the resident, thus some times employees that are not looking out for the best interest of residents are often terminated quickly.

Professional supportive team

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Century Park Associates full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Professional environment
    First priority is for residents
    Flexible with employees for personal needs
    Allows your strengths to blossom and supports your weakness
    Encourages personal growth and education

Cons

Can not think of any

Thanks for the wonderful environment i have flourished under the leadership style and have learned so much in my tenure at the company This is the best in the industry

micro-manged to death

I worked at Century Park Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

great product, great people, dedicated associates

Cons

terrible leader, mico managed to death

get out of the way and let your people move the company forward

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard Worker

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Century Park Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a beautiful place. Love the residents and have several good people working there.

Cons

It doesn't matter if you are a hard worker or not. You will get replaced if the GM has someone they know to put in your place. It's sad that this company does not stand up for it's loyal employee's. There has been a mass of new hires, and terminations.

When you put General Managers in place, keep in touch with your loyal employee's to find out how things are going. They seem to just drop them off, and don't want to hear from anyone. Terrible mistake.

Extremely high turnover, owner not fit to run company.

I worked at Century Park Associates full-time

Pros

The communities themselves may be good places to work if run by a good manager, but the corporate office is horrible. The owners are not fit to run this company. They are arrogant, condescending, unintelligent, uneducated, erratic and paranoid. The turnover speaks for itself.

Cons

Owner's son runs company, but absolutely does not have executive skills. If you are smart manager/director/executive, you will be extremely frustrated and not last long. I saw great employees come and go at a pace I've never seen or heard of at any company. Employees were hired, paid to move from other states, praised for 30 days, then fired soon thereafter at a frightening pace. The owners also push their political and religious beliefs on employees, especially during meetings. Employees at the corporate office are mostly frustrated, nervous, and looking for other jobs.

Upper management = owners (father/son, run by son), so I don't see any way this work environment can get better unless the company is sold.

The

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Johnston, RI
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Johnston, RI

I have been working at Century Park Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Caring group of individuals providing quality care at affordable rates. They care enough to invest solid sales training for their Sales Managers.

Cons

All efforts to promote our community must be done by corporate, ie social networking, ads, flyers, etc. Low paying by industry standards.

Allow each community to post to social networking. Don't promote that you have a matching 401K then announce 2 weeks after signing on that you justt can't do it in this economy.

Relaxed, Friendly Work Atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Century Park Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

I feel comfortable talking to anyone at any level of this company, even the owners. All of my coworkers are fun and enjoyable. Management regularly seems to do something small to brighten morale. I feel like my inputs and suggestions are heard and valued.

Cons

There is a disconnect between corporate and the communities. On both ends there are sometimes unrealistic expectations which can quickly lead to placing blame.

Work on improving communication between individual communities and members of the corporate office.

The Best of the Best and a wonderful experience.

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Boise, ID

I have been working at Century Park Associates part-time for less than a year

Pros

Ability to work with caring and professional associates who are ready and willing to convey their knowledge and experience to new employees. Exceptional opportunity to give something back to the community and enjoy the satisfaction of helping others to enjoy their retirement years and goals. Continuing education and training is a priority. Ability is appreciated and rewarded. A helping hand is always available. It is hard to determine how this facility chooses, hires, and retains such wonderful and knowledgeable people. However they do it, it should be an example to the industry. Upper management is top of their class in this industry, an example to emulate, and maintain.

Cons

This is a professional organization, operated and maintained by the best in the industry. Every organization has occasional problems. This particular body has the rules, personal, knowledge, and resourses, to deal with with them as soon as they develop or are recognized. Let's give credit where it is due. It is inherent in this organization to listen and learn from their subordinates, to freely exchange information regarding matters of concern, and resolve them in such a way as to insure compliance with safety rules, recommended practices, standards in the industry, house rules, government regulations, and considerations given to puting their patrons and customers first, in any situation regarding their quality of life, happyness, needs, and welfare. No Cons!

Having over fifty five (55) years of service in many industries which included, executive, management, and working experience, I can only say, this enitity is the best of the best, I have ever worked for. My only concern about change is where do you go from here? I could probably offer some advise that would be helpful, down the road. For the present, I want to say, "if it works leave it alone". Then again, change is inevitable. Within this organization, I can only say, do it as you have in the past, by reason and consensus within the parameters of the vision set by your senior management. Again, "If it works, leave it alone".

Great place to start

Current Employee - Night Security  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Night Security in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Century Park Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work atmosphere and competitive pay

Cons

None that I can really think of.

Keep up the good work

Don't get too comfortable.

I worked at Century Park Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

The mission is admirable and the facilities are truly beautiful.

Cons

There is way too much turnover. It seems like the answer to everything is fire the staff and hire someone else. Unfortunately the replacements last 90 days and are subsequently fired too. Also, there seems to be a lot of fighting between Century Park and Life Care Centers. They're supposed to be partners, but don't get along and its the residents who suffer.

Worked for Century Park Associates? Contribute to the Community!