Century Park Associates

Century Park Associates Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

I have worked for Century Park Associates for years filling many roles over my employment

ProsThis has been one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. I have worked in the retail industry, service industry, and commercial construction industry. This company is challenging to work for and seeks the best from each employee. There are employees with seniority of 25+ years at this company, some in the corporate office and some at buildings.

ConsManagement demands what is best for the resident, thus some times employees that are not looking out for the best interest of residents are often terminated quickly.

Professional supportive team

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsProfessional environment
    First priority is for residents
    Flexible with employees for personal needs
    Allows your strengths to blossom and supports your weakness
    Encourages personal growth and education

ConsCan not think of any

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for the wonderful environment i have flourished under the leadership style and have learned so much in my tenure at the company This is the best in the industry

micro-manged to death

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat product, great people, dedicated associates

Consterrible leader, mico managed to death

Advice to Senior Managementget out of the way and let your people move the company forward

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard Worker

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsIt's a beautiful place. Love the residents and have several good people working there.

ConsIt doesn't matter if you are a hard worker or not. You will get replaced if the GM has someone they know to put in your place. It's sad that this company does not stand up for it's loyal employee's. There has been a mass of new hires, and terminations.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you put General Managers in place, keep in touch with your loyal employee's to find out how things are going. They seem to just drop them off, and don't want to hear from anyone. Terrible mistake.

Extremely high turnover, owner not fit to run company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe communities themselves may be good places to work if run by a good manager, but the corporate office is horrible. The owners are not fit to run this company. They are arrogant, condescending, unintelligent, uneducated, erratic and paranoid. The turnover speaks for itself.

ConsOwner's son runs company, but absolutely does not have executive skills. If you are smart manager/director/executive, you will be extremely frustrated and not last long. I saw great employees come and go at a pace I've never seen or heard of at any company. Employees were hired, paid to move from other states, praised for 30 days, then fired soon thereafter at a frightening pace. The owners also push their political and religious beliefs on employees, especially during meetings. Employees at the corporate office are mostly frustrated, nervous, and looking for other jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management = owners (father/son, run by son), so I don't see any way this work environment can get better unless the company is sold.

The

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Johnston, RI

ProsCaring group of individuals providing quality care at affordable rates. They care enough to invest solid sales training for their Sales Managers.

ConsAll efforts to promote our community must be done by corporate, ie social networking, ads, flyers, etc. Low paying by industry standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow each community to post to social networking. Don't promote that you have a matching 401K then announce 2 weeks after signing on that you justt can't do it in this economy.

Relaxed, Friendly Work Atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chattanooga, TN

ProsI feel comfortable talking to anyone at any level of this company, even the owners. All of my coworkers are fun and enjoyable. Management regularly seems to do something small to brighten morale. I feel like my inputs and suggestions are heard and valued.

ConsThere is a disconnect between corporate and the communities. On both ends there are sometimes unrealistic expectations which can quickly lead to placing blame.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on improving communication between individual communities and members of the corporate office.

The Best of the Best and a wonderful experience.

Security Officer (Current Employee) Boise, ID

ProsAbility to work with caring and professional associates who are ready and willing to convey their knowledge and experience to new employees. Exceptional opportunity to give something back to the community and enjoy the satisfaction of helping others to enjoy their retirement years and goals. Continuing education and training is a priority. Ability is appreciated and rewarded. A helping hand is always available. It is hard to determine how this facility chooses, hires, and retains such wonderful and knowledgeable people. However they do it, it should be an example to the industry. Upper management is top of their class in this industry, an example to emulate, and maintain.

ConsThis is a professional organization, operated and maintained by the best in the industry. Every organization has occasional problems. This particular body has the rules, personal, knowledge, and resourses, to deal with with them as soon as they develop or are recognized. Let's give credit where it is due. It is inherent in this organization to listen and learn from their subordinates, to freely exchange information regarding matters of concern, and resolve them in such a way as to insure compliance with safety rules, recommended practices, standards in the industry, house rules, government regulations, and considerations given to puting their patrons and customers first, in any situation regarding their quality of life, happyness, needs, and welfare. No Cons!

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving over fifty five (55) years of service in many industries which included, executive, management, and working experience, I can only say, this enitity is the best of the best, I have ever worked for. My only concern about change is where do you go from here? I could probably offer some advise that would be helpful, down the road. For the present, I want to say, "if it works leave it alone". Then again, change is inevitable. Within this organization, I can only say, do it as you have in the past, by reason and consensus within the parameters of the vision set by your senior management. Again, "If it works, leave it alone".

Great place to start

Night Security (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat work atmosphere and competitive pay

ConsNone that I can really think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Don't get too comfortable.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe mission is admirable and the facilities are truly beautiful.

ConsThere is way too much turnover. It seems like the answer to everything is fire the staff and hire someone else. Unfortunately the replacements last 90 days and are subsequently fired too. Also, there seems to be a lot of fighting between Century Park and Life Care Centers. They're supposed to be partners, but don't get along and its the residents who suffer.

Worked for Century Park Associates? Contribute to the Community!