Cenveo Publisher Services

Updated May 15, 2014
Updated May 15, 2014
2.0

CEO

Not the best time in my life

I worked at Cenveo Publisher Services full-time

Pros

It was a job after all

Cons

CEOs think only about their raises not the employees

The workers are what makes the company without them they don't get a paycheck

Not Satisfactory

Former Employee - Junior Associate Software Development in Andheri (India)
    Former Employee - Junior Associate Software Development in Andheri (India)

I worked at Cenveo Publisher Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No extended hours of working

Cons

Not worth working for long term

Need to re-manage evrything

It was a challenging job. Had to be on your toes as far as the book schedules were concerned.

Former Employee - Associate Project Manager in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Associate Project Manager in Noida (India)

I worked at Cenveo Publisher Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Made great friends at work and they were very helpful. Other than that I cant think of anything else good about working there.

Cons

No motivation for the employees, too much work in comparison to the peanuts that they pay as salary. The supervisors were not so helpful either.

Not sure about the other locations.

Cenveo Mumbai is like a Ship with aimless Captains! They only follow their aggressive desires leading towards the desert

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Cenveo Publisher Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is like a Mountain which looks beautiful from far only!

Cons

No career growth, inefficient leaders, flattering & politics encouraged by Top Management, Good workers always suppressed by these peoples

One day Top Management will realize their wrong deeds which will land them in Desert but couldn't able to save anymore!

Not so good not so bad....

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Cenveo Publisher Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

people around are quite nice.

Cons

Currently there has been a slow growth in career and promotions.

Please increase the salaries to match the industry standards. Currently the lowest payer in the industry.

Management needs to look at the industry and learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumba (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumba (Brazil)

I have been working at Cenveo Publisher Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If interacting with the US team, then the work wil be interesting

Cons

Worst con is that it makes u come to the office n sit there for 8 hours even if thers no work. No recreation or group activities, its like a prison

Cannot apply the same rules to every one, the company needs to learn. Be more flexible

It is a nice company

Former Employee - Content Proofreader in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Content Proofreader in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Cenveo Publisher Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

friendly atmosphere, good staff habits

Cons

management has to be more practicable

Working for Misers

I have been working at Cenveo Publisher Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As far as I am concerned, the only positive thing at Cenveo Mumbai is its location. I don't have to travel much to reach the office and that is the reason I am still here. Another good thing for me is the freedom that I am getting to sign off on time. Yes, they do ask to give extra time due to 'Project Requirement' but are not forcing me to do so. Don't expect to find other pros here.

Cons

Negative points about Cenveo. Quite a long list. To begin with, you will feel like working for a miser at this place. I have been working here since past couple of years and my total increment has been less than Rs. 2000. There salary structure has been divided in fixed and variable salary part. However, don't expect to get a fortune as variables. They never pay the amount shown on paper. So called performance incentive has nothing to do with your performance. It depends on how cordial your relations are with your manager. Be a yes man if you wanna earn more. Same could be said about the appraisal process. Hell lot of favoritism could be seen here.

Cenveo is also very good at exploiting its staff. As per the policy, staff is supposed to get weekly offs on first and third Saturdays and Sundays. However, we never get off on Saturdays. We are asked to work for imaginary project requirement. They have also made us work for all seven days. People working in night shift from Monday to Friday are asked to come in the afternoon shift on Saturday. People are also forced to work in double shift and if they protest, managers shamelessly ask them to quit. All managers are arrogant except a couple of guys. Very often people are asked to work for extra hours and the organization does not pay overtime. If it does, its paltry, i.e, Rs. 50 per hour.

Make sure people are not asked to work when its supposed to be their weekly off. Manages are very arrogant and they often ask an associate to quit if he/she refuses to work as per their whims. Please make sure managers never dare to threaten the staff.

About appraisal. Please stop acting like a miser. This year, people are give an increment of Rs. 170, Rs. 25 or Rs. 700. This is enough to demoralize a person. Make sure each and every associate gets proper increment. (Minimum increment amount should be between Rs. 1800-2000). If you are making people work for extra hours, ovetime paid should be proper. Say Rs. 75-100 per hour.