Cequint

www.cequint.com

Cequint Reviews

2.9

Hossein Mousavi

A company that's still finding it's way...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cequint full-time

Pros

I see a lot of the negative reviews on Glassdoor, and while I can't discount their merit, and some of them really nailed down issues, there are still people in charge that give me hope. The engineering leadership is outstanding, and from a technology view point the company has a solid footing. They've lost a few really strong people, though, so I have concerns that they aren't moving forward on the excellent foundation that was set up. The engineering/development folks remaining are for the most part strong, and I'm hoping they'll step up and take some of their innovative concepts to the next level.

Cons

No real ownership, which results in no real accountability. Every manager owns everything and nothing at the same time. As other reviews have suggested, I think it's true that many there don't really understand the underlying technologies of the several strengths of Cequint. The value add of Cequint is really the integration of several vertical and horizontal platforms and programs, both at the network level as well as the business level. I'm not going to get into the HR management, which I think is really the result of a complicated chain of two acquisitions in as many years by companies that are just plain confused.

Give engineering more of a say! There are reasons that the most successful technology companies (take Google, for example), are engineer-driven. While non-technical folks can definitely spur ideas, manage communication to customers, and drive inspiration, it's really engineering that can determine what is feasible, and what gets the most bang for the buck. The engineers at Cequint are REALLY strong, and should be involved in not just the immediate deliverables, but the long term strategies, prospects, and deliverables, as well. The idea that there should be "product people" and "engineers", and that they are two disparate disciplines is out-dated and delusional. Also, the CEO listed for this company may be out-dated.

Cequint a company that if its product was released 5-7 years ago it would have been great.

Current Employee - Handset Software Development Engineer In Test in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Handset Software Development Engineer In Test in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cequint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance
    Stress level
    Cool office
    Most employees are Cequint are very nice and friendly
    large amounts of PTO

Cons

Few and far between in career opportunities
    Upper management is terrible
    No motivation to do your best work
    Company product isn't one you would buy
    No Bonuses, No stock, no nothing

Learn to motivate your employees to breath life into your company.

Still good and promising company to work.

Current Employee - Integration Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Integration Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cequint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very good, consistent and emerging company. Good culture it has. Good at work & life balance - you can be more flexible than other companies.

Cons

No additional compensation at all. Don't expect to much other than salary. Health insurance is not 100% covered by company so you have to pay lots of money.

You'd have to be desperate to take a job here

I have been working at Cequint

Pros

The one good thing about Cequint is you don't have to work very hard. You can show up at 11am and leave at 2pm and nobody cares. If you are the type that has pride in your work, and don't want to be left doing all the work, this is not the place for you.

Cons

Management doesn't have a clue. There is no concept of loyalty or rewarding people for hard work. They haven't given bonuses in 4 years. Shannon who runs the HR department is always on vacation and doesn't care to help anybody out, even the most basic questions take weeks until she'll bother to get back to you, if she even bothers. The managers left are either burnt out or clueless. With the exception of a few good engineers, they don't even bother to do basic code reviews. The product people act as if they never have seen a computer before, and the requirements read like a 5th grader's writing.

Sell the company or burn it to the ground. Please let the employees leave first even though you probably don't care.

Casual and challenging work environment

I have been working at Cequint full-time

Pros

Challenging work Nice people Casual environment

Cons

Politics politics there is nothing else really that is a con

Management has been very nice to me

Ruined by TNS

I worked at Cequint full-time

Pros

Nice office buildings and flexible hours. Pets are allowed in the office and you can work from home to avoid the commute frequently

Cons

Purchased by Transaction Network Services which then allowed a private equity firm (Siris) to destroy the future of the company. Management was inept prior to the buyout and things have not improved. This has also caused several product launches to be significantly delayed or canceled.

Surrendra should be deported back to India. The rest of Cequint management should seek a way out of TNS and try to rebuild the company that was lost.

Um, wow Cequint puts the FUN in dysfunctional

Former Employee - Software Engineer In Test in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer In Test in Seattle, WA

I worked at Cequint full-time (more than an year)

Pros

no pros that I can think of. Hm, well, they did get mac computers for everyone.

Cons

Where do I start? A bunch of whiny underachievers in Seattle led by a cheerleader CEO who couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag, backed up by a group of backstabbing engineers in Florida. The TNS acquisition was the death of the company. Its just gone down hill from there. Even as a small company, they were more intererested in screwing over other teams than doing their own job. It has just gotten worse since.

It is too late!

Good company, going for the worse

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cequint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Was a good small company
    Decent health insurance

Cons

Cequint now has developers in Seattle and Florida offices. The team in Florida thinks that they are superstars and one particular person humiliates Seattle employees and the management. The irony is that the management allows such bad behavior. In most other companies, such behavior would have resulted in that individual being fired, but not in Cequint. The management must really believe in the capabilities of its Florida team, otherwise why would such behavior be tolerated? Many senior employees have left the company for this very reason.

Layoffs have been happening, but that can be attributed to unsuccessful products and being acquired by TNS and then Siris capital.

Not a good place to work anymore.

Start looking for jobs yourself!

Great coworkers and good culture

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Cequint full-time

Pros

The company provides a lot of opportunities to learn and the culture is very engineer-friendly. Personal initiative is encouraged and we are all invested in the success of the company. I'm lucky my coworkers and teammates are some of the most competent and fun colleagues I've ever had.

Cons

no weekly massage sessions which would be really nice for my back and shoulders.

One of the best company cultures in which I've ever worked.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Cequint full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of talented and experienced people. That makes a challenging and ego-driven environment at times, but the overall take-away is the chance to learn from that wide variety of experience. Overall, it's a big win.

Cons

Compared to other places I've worked, there are none to speak of.

No advice at this time: I find them generally superior to the management at any other place I've worked and have learned a lot of good things from management as well as from the technical gurus.