Cequint Reviews

Hossein Mousavi

Decent place to work

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cequint

Pros

Pay is competitive, great benefits, the team I am on has some brilliant engineers who I learn from and truly enjoy working with. The culture is very startup, even though Cequint was purchased by a larger company and then that company purchased by an even larger company. The people at Cequint are some of the most fun in the industry that I have had the pleasure of working with.

Cons

There is some "big dumb company" stuff that happens that can be a little irritating if you are used to startup culture. There is some startup technology debt here, in that some things were built too fast because of timelines during the startup days. We are making great strides to make the systems and networks more manageable.

Advice to Management

Innovate! My main complaint is that Cequint does not seem to be in the innovation business anymore, and seems to be happy just milking the cash cows. Of course there's nothing wrong with a cash cow :)

Cequint a company that if its product was released 5-7 years ago it would have been great.

Current Employee - Handset Software Development Engineer In Test in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Handset Software Development Engineer In Test in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cequint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance Stress level Cool office Most employees are Cequint are very nice and friendly large amounts of PTO

Cons

Few and far between in career opportunities Upper management is terrible No motivation to do your best work Company product isn't one you would buy No Bonuses, No stock, no nothing

Advice to Management

Learn to motivate your employees to breath life into your company.

Still good and promising company to work.

Current Employee - Integration Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Integration Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cequint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good, consistent and emerging company. Good culture it has. Good at work & life balance - you can be more flexible than other companies.

Cons

No additional compensation at all. Don't expect to much other than salary. Health insurance is not 100% covered by company so you have to pay lots of money.

Casual and challenging work environment

I have been working at Cequint full-time

Pros

Challenging work Nice people Casual environment

Cons

Politics politics there is nothing else really that is a con

Advice to Management

Management has been very nice to me

Ruined by TNS

I worked at Cequint full-time

Pros

Nice office buildings and flexible hours. Pets are allowed in the office and you can work from home to avoid the commute frequently

Cons

Purchased by Transaction Network Services which then allowed a private equity firm (Siris) to destroy the future of the company. Management was inept prior to the buyout and things have not improved. This has also caused several product launches to be significantly delayed or canceled.

Advice to Management

Surrendra should be deported back to India. The rest of Cequint management should seek a way out of TNS and try to rebuild the company that was lost.

Um, wow Cequint puts the FUN in dysfunctional

Former Employee - Software Engineer In Test in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer In Test in Seattle, WA

I worked at Cequint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

no pros that I can think of. Hm, well, they did get mac computers for everyone.

Cons

Where do I start? A bunch of whiny underachievers in Seattle led by a cheerleader CEO who couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag, backed up by a group of backstabbing engineers in Florida. The TNS acquisition was the death of the company. Its just gone down hill from there. Even as a small company, they were more intererested in screwing over other teams than doing their own job. It has just gotten worse since.

Advice to Management

It is too late!

8. Good company, going for the worse

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cequint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was a good small company Decent health insurance

Cons

Cequint now has developers in Seattle and Florida offices. The team in Florida thinks that they are superstars and one particular person humiliates Seattle employees and the management. The irony is that the management allows such bad behavior. In most other companies, such behavior would have resulted in that individual being fired, but not in Cequint. The management must really believe in the capabilities of its Florida team, otherwise why would such behavior be tolerated? Many senior employees have left the company for this very reason. Layoffs have been happening, but that can be attributed to unsuccessful products and being acquired by TNS and then Siris capital. Not a good place to work anymore.

Advice to Management

Start looking for jobs yourself!

9. One of the best company cultures in which I've ever worked.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Cequint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of talented and experienced people. That makes a challenging and ego-driven environment at times, but the overall take-away is the chance to learn from that wide variety of experience. Overall, it's a big win.

Cons

Compared to other places I've worked, there are none to speak of.

Advice to Management

No advice at this time: I find them generally superior to the management at any other place I've worked and have learned a lot of good things from management as well as from the technical gurus.

Great people, great benefits, business model lacking...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Cequint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent people working here, a beautiful waterfront location, dog friendly, lots of free food

Cons

Lots of changes in strategy and planning, and a preloaded, trial-based business model. Lots of negative product reviews.

Start up that lost its identity through being acquired.

I worked at Cequint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some nice benefits there and some of the peers are good people.

Cons

A lot of politics and the senior management do a really good job of saying the right things but don't actually practice what they preach about being open with information and having everyone be as important as anyone else.

Advice to Management

Too many managers. Also should follow through with the things they brag about regarding the company's culture.

RSS Feed </> Embed