Cerberus Capital Management

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stephen A. Feinberg

Reputable firm ... did more for my career after I left then when I was there.

Vice President (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- some of the smartest people I worked with/for/around
    - great access to knowledge from experts in different fields (management bench)
    - great information sharing within the company
    - great brand recognition (for future employers) ... well-respected within the industry

Cons- pretty stark work environment (none of the glitz or fancy artwork, etc. found at other shops)
    - people tend to look out for themselves

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for 360 degree reviews of all immediate colleagues

This place is ran more like a circus than hedge fund.

Vice President, Financial Reporting (Former Employee)

Pros- Some of the people are intelligent and nice.

Cons- Huge System/Process issues that make reporting VERY manual and VERY frustrating.
    - Old school mgmt style - senior mgmt often resort to shouting and belittlng employees to motivate them which is VERY counterproductive.
    - Lack of technical expertise at senior management.
    - Lack of training - have to learn most things on your own.
    - Long hours.
    - Lackluster bonus due to declining performance of the company.

Advice to Senior Management- Less yelling and more patience so employees do not fear bringing up issues and are more apt to proposing solutions. Take time to understand and address the issues at a detailed level instead of superficial level. Hire people with the technical expertise or with experience with the specific problems of the company.

Overall a good place to work. You will learn a lot.

ProsExposure to different strategies and portfolios.

ConsDiffidult advancement within the firm

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more to the middle and staff that put in so many hours, make your presense known in a way that will inspire people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cerberus bought out AT&T Advertising Solutions recently. I have to say so far both companies have been enjoyable.

Media Consultant (Current Employee) Mobile, AL

Prosgood salary, ok bonus programs. Good recognition of top notch sales people with trips for rewards. Benefits were great with AT&T, not sure how they will change with Cerberus. Three weeks off each year (personal/vacation) and good tuition reimbursement programs.

ConsNo benefits for retired employees, no 401K available as of right now, and only 4-5 pd holidays each year. Bonus changed recently from being obtainable to being very difficult to obtain. It is still doable, just expecting more work for less money.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep bonuses feasible so employees have an obtainable goal. Otherwise, looking forward to even more progress.

bought out

Account Executive (Current Employee)

Prosgood training management avaliable to speak with

Consjob is to come in and clean house

Ordinary, mediocre, nothing special

Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSome people there are actually very smart. You're very lucky if you actually get to work with them.

ConsLackluster, ordinary firm, too much hype not enough substance, employee burnout, mediocre benefits and salary, bonuses aren't competitive, limited training and advancement opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou'd benefit from updating your technical skills and listen to some of the smart people working for you.

fulfilling

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSmart people, diversified and interesting work. Compensation structure is fair to generous, sufficient numbers of staff at all levels to meet demanding workload of all departments

ConsEver changing regulatory demands on financial firms and seeking out new investment directions as cycles change

Advice to Senior ManagementFirm tries to meet work life balance of employees. Many shortcomings of the infrastructure have been overcome with improved technology allowing for less demanding schedule of accountants.

Worked for Cerberus Capital Management? Contribute to the Community!