Ceridian

Ceridian Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Ceridian CEO David Ossip

David Ossip

Pros
  • My management team is very understanding that life happens and encourages a good work/life balance(in 30 reviews)

• Great people to work with and the work life balance is good(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance(in 17 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years(in 18 reviews)

This was a valuable experience that furthered my professional development.

Employee Assistance Case Manager (Former Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsI had the chance to work with a team of accomplished employee assistance professionals. I felt proud of the work I did there with the client companies. It is always a privilege to help employees be better employees.

ConsManagement changed several times, which had some impact on the flow of the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the working team's feedback about process improvements.

Steady employment for Seventeen Years, positions held from Data Entry to Business Analyst

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsThey offer great benefits, a work-life balance, and promote from within.

ConsA constant evolution within the work environment

A great place to work with amazing benefits!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsBenefits, benefits, benefits. Training is available and overall, the management was very supportive.

ConsDifficult to move up in the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a place for the weak at heart!!!

Payroll Sales Representative -- Major Accounts (Current Employee) Northeast, NY

ProsLeadership belongs in Hollywood as the acting is impeccable. The Ceridian Kool-Aid sipping has been mastered. The mid tier leadership is exceptional as they are truly the buffers that quite frankly should run the company. If you can work here, you can work anywhere.....

ConsThe platform is not unique as every provider offers the same. No Talent management capabilities and the Human Resource functionality is fair at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire leadership that knows payroll and understands the meaning of flawless execution. The implementation is toe curling.

Ex Boys Club reunited

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsLocal, free parking with some spaces covered, secure building protected from bad neighborhood

ConsManagement talks in circles, spends team money living at Vinoy, always hiring as all of the knowledge that is gained leaves, job scales and ranges are secret based on who you know not what you know. No salary bands so job can range from 42,000.00 to 120,000. No management training or mentoring, no bandwidth

Advice to Senior Managementreduce the middle management and backfill all of the open CSA,SDA,SDM positions. Headquarters open your eyes to what your current management is not. Now that the master of pulling the wool over your eyes has left to the UK, check the lost sheep that he left behind as they are just wandering more blindly then ever.

Lacks Employee Engagement Focus

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFinally finding itself and setting a good direction. Focused on HCM.

ConsAlthough it finally found a focus, there is still disconnect at the executive level. Challenges between organizations as leaders haven't focused on one direction/goal. Not employee focused in the least. Employee Engagement scores are terribly low, primarily to due poor senior leadership - lack trust, empowerment, and accountability.

Dollar Store

Product (Former Employee) Saint Pete, FL

ProsPay was decent to start

ConsCompletely lacked professionalism and could care less about their clients

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a strategy

Terrible Experience

Commissions (Former Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsNone that I can think of. Poorly run. I'm surprised their doors are still open to be honest.

ConsEverything. Terrible management, no training, tied to your desk. No recognition. The whole experience was overwhelmingly awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to who your putting into middle management. My manager there made my life a living hell.

I would work for them again.

Payroll Specialist II (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC

ProsWhen I started, they had a great training model, tools and technology. They also offer very good pay and benefits. The company sponsored many fun team building activities and appreciation lunches and gifts. They also had quarterly meeting with all offices so that we can interface with each other and stay connected.

ConsFrequent management changes and with each new manager there was constant new office and company rules that were going to "save the company money". Processing a payroll became so complicated because you had folks everywhere holding a piece of your payroll, I also found it hard to get promoted in the company. They prefer to higher outside instead of promoting within.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because someone list on their resume that they worked for a competitor does not mean they are better than your current staff. Reward the people that are in the trenches working hard for you.

Miss-managed by executives who should have been replaced after they failed to implement their ERP system.

ProsThe company had great benefits with above average compensation.

ConsCompany is miss managed and does not have clear direction on how correct and address growth. Culture needs to improve in certain areas to be consistent across the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork life balance needs to be addressed or work force will leave. They addressed this issue at corporate with a game room which is used infrequently. Working conditions need to improve at all levels.

Worked for Ceridian? Contribute to the Community!