Ceridian
www.ceridian.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Ceridian Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

David Ossip

Pros:
  • "My management team is very understanding that life happens and encourages a good work/life balance"
    in 29 reviews
  • "Great people to work with and the work life balance is good"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years"
    in 18 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Ceridian is a company that offers life-work balance and strives to be an industry pioneer.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat benefits, offer flexibility in work schedules, allow for telecommuting,compensation is competitive

Consdivisions do not appear seamless to customers and internal divisions become very apparent. Sales team is often given more recognition than support teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour support team is your bread and butter and deserve as much recognition and assistance as your sales team.

Its only tough if you hate working hard

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGood work and great environment if you are willing to put the time in to learning the product

ConsLong hours and bad work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing

Ceridian isn't a company where your career can grow, it's a dismal place.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere aren't many pros, Ceridian isn't a good company to continue your career. The company is slowly going under.

ConsNo annual raises or incentives for employees. I wouldn't recommend any recent graduate to continue their career at Ceridian.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore trying to sale Dayforce HCM to clients, make sure that you have actually implemented clients into the product. Give your employees an actual raise...give your employees a 2% percent raise is a slap I'm the face.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging, Fun, Nice Atmosphere to work.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Robbinsville, NJ

ProsThe learning experience was very good.

ConsNo chance of becoming a permanent employee due to the fact that the company was closing down.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Tough environment if you are not on the Dayforce side of the Ceridian world.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA pro of working at Ceridian could be that the company may be acquired.

ConsA company in transition; trying to evolve from old technology to the Web / cloud / SaaS environment.

Avoid this employer

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, MN

ProsThe Bloomington office is nicely located to airport and mall.

Consmicro-management. Managers don't value employees experience and skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementI see that Ceridian is trying to hire again here in the twin cities, and just want to note it's an awful environment to work in.

It's unlikely that things have much improved in two years. The general problem was that management would make technical decisions without input from development staff. Most of these decisions were poorly informed, either due to a lack of understanding of what was happening on the ground, or outdated technical experience. As such, they led to failure.

I left before Dayforce took over, but the feedback I received from others who had had dealings with them was they were the same way. The result has been a stagnant environment using outdated practices, with a reliance upon nights and weekends to make things work at the last minute.

It's an ok environment for a junior developer just starting out, as you'll get experience with a wide variety of tools but don't plan on staying there more than a year.

A company in transition

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsInteresting new technology (Dayforce). Charismatic Leader.

ConsCeridian is being structured for a new buyer/owner. Sell anything... promise anything to drive up sales and increase short term revenue. Cut heads, turnover sales staff, reduce sales incentives... save money! Product (Dayforce) is very "buggy" and most initial clients are dissatisfied with their implementations. Implementation delays mean commissions are delayed and put many deals, that have time pressure, at risk.

Eliminated many existing businesses and services (Healthcare Exchange business, CDHP, etc.). Looking to get rid of COBRA, potentially EAP and COMDATA (the crown jewel of the company).

Important to speak French... Spanish, on the other hand, who cares? (Note that company communications are in both French and English, but not Spanish). It seems like the company is transitioning to become a Quebec based firm from a US based firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet Dayforce working properly and make sure initial implementations go better.

I had a decent experience

Blue Bell, PA

ProsManagement team respects employees. Strong benefits package. Decent work/life balance.

ConsNot a lot of product innovation. Employees do not have the right tools to do their jobs. Inadequate IT infrastructure.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more aggressive with managing poor performers out of their roles.

Ceridian Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery positive - great people to work for and work with, very helpful when I had questions or concerns, allowed me flexibilty in my work schedule.

ConsDistance! It was 24.5 miles from my house but was worth the drive.

Like riding a small roller coaster

ProsSmart, motivated people stuck in a technology transition

ConsInsufficient funding for specific competitive intiatives

Advice to Senior ManagementShake off the restictive handcuffs of T. Lee and FNF.

Worked for Ceridian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ceridian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ceridian CEO David Ossip. All 320 reviews posted anonymously by Ceridian employees.