Ceridian
www.ceridian.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Ceridian Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014

David Ossip

Pros:
  • "Work Flexibility, excellent product and development team, technology team work life balance is good"
    in 26 reviews
  • "Great people to work with and the work life balance is good"
    in 17 reviews
Cons:
  • "Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Boys club; senior management roles being handed to people for favors"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great hours, good pay

EAP Clinical Consultant (Former Employee)
Blue Bell, PA

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible with setting hours, good shift differential, friendly peers, easy job

ConsNot great communication, strayed away from clinical approach for business model

Advice to Senior ManagementShare company struggles

Excellent Company

Triage Consultant (Former Employee)
Saint Pete, FL

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than a year

ProsSomething different every day, being able to think on your feet, communication, making a difference in people's lives

ConsThe only con would be if you're not a hard worker, you better not work for them

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing, I wouldn't change a thing

Slowly Went Downhill...

Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI thought the benefits were good, and I worked with some good people over the years. At one point, I felt good about the work I was doing.

ConsThe importance of quality was seriously compromised over the time I was there. When I was hired, there was a strong initiative toward the importance of the QA and QC organizations. However, that quickly broke down when the Business began to complain about having to follow process, even if that meant better quality in their products. Within our business segment, the QA organization was completely dismantled, and the QC organization was divided up between products (i.e., decentralized). QC personnel were placed under project and development managers who had no true understanding of the quality process, and no desire to listen to their people in order to learn. This ignorance seemed to be fed from upper levels of management. And over the course of time, a lot of good people lost their jobs because of bad management decisions. The icing on the cake was continuing to receive emails about how great the company was doing as I was waiting for my final day due to a need for staff reduction. Every time I got emails about how great Ceridian was doing and how much revenue the company was making, I wondered how many people's salaries had to be sacrificed in order to make that revenue. Morale was at an all-time low, and simple things like holiday parties, pot lucks, team building, etc., went the way of the dinosaur. Finally, there were NO training opportunities and no options for advancement. I felt "boxed in". I picked up the responsibilities of the job level above mine, and performed at that level for 3 years, and was always told I could not get the actual TITLE associated with that job level, often because of budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people who work in the trenches. Think through and make concrete strategy decisions, then give them TIME TO WORK. Create a long-term vision for the company, and make sure it is based on product quality, customer service, and a respect for your employees.

Lots of potential but management overhaul has taken its toll

Director (Former Employee)
Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmaller company can move on opportunities quickly, aggressive new management, smart people at the very top

Consculture has been eviscerated by change, small startup leadership now running a much larger organization than they are used to

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the changes that are strategic imperatives to maintain buy-in from 'legacy' employees. Remove 'culture-destroying' managers to really prove that things will be different going forward.

Vice President Implementation

I worked at Ceridian

ProsGood People and Work/Life Balance can be found

ConsLeadership always in flux, product issues

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a strategy and stick to it

Serious lack of vision and commitment

Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPay and benifits were fair. If you were lucky enough to have a manager you were able to trust things were not to bad off.

ConsShifting from one idea to the next with zero planning. Constantly being told we should be great full that we still had jobs. Lack of support from upper management. Zero vision for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the men and women on the ground who actually do the day to day running of the company. Quit bringing in all of the fish, who moved my cheese, secrets to success nonsense. Treat your employees like family and not like cattle.

Worst Job I've Ever had in my Career

Implementation Consultant (Current Employee)
Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than a year

ProsThe Pay was above average and they hire smart and very talented people.

Constravel is extensive and wasn't explained truthfully when I took the job, poor management and some act as if they didn't care about you at all. lack of communication (no people skills) lack of work life balance and now it's a ghost town because all the talented hires have left the company. The work load shift is brutal. We force clients into complex products and then do not train people or give them mentorship so that they can support the complex clients and solutions. It's a disaster of a job. I spent more time crying about the workload and failed testing than I did learning and enjoying the position. I swore off payroll jobs forever.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to appreciate your staff and set realistic expectations for the work load to clients and be fair to employees. There is life beyond Ceridian.

Opportunities abound if you work hard

I worked at Ceridian

ProsBenefits, great, caring co- workers

ConsPolitical, too much turnover in upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't use trendy, cookie cutter solutions - listen to employees - really listen

Ok place to work however probably not a great place for a man to work.

Senior Development Analyst (Current Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPay was reasonable and very good benefits. They allow you to work from home when needed. There were plenty of positions available although not many in Cleveland Ohio.

ConsGender biased decision making due to female dominated management positions. IT support was seriously lacking. Getting things fixed or working property was often frustrating.

Which way is the Wind blowing today?

Payroll Sales Representative -- Major Accounts (Former Employee)

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood industry, good concept, some good people, privately owned, relatively good salary to start with and ability to work remote in a sales territory environment

ConsExec Management changes every year, very cut-throat favoritism, have to watch your back constantly, have sales quota with products that cannot be implemented for over 6 months, benefits not so great

Advice to Senior ManagementGet up to speed with the Competition and treat sales like they should be treated - the only reason you are still in business

Worked for Ceridian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ceridian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ceridian CEO David Ossip. All 301 reviews posted anonymously by Ceridian employees.