Ceridian

Updated November 25, 2014
3.4

Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • The work-life balance and employee/manager relationships at Ceridian are great (in 39 reviews)

• Working with great people encourages me to exceed in my role (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Current Employee - IT Infrastructure in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - IT Infrastructure in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing company, strong leadership and opportunity to learn and grow.
    Significant investments in Infrastructure.
    Global Technology Team that work well together.
    New Operating Model allows for North American growth.

Cons

Rapid growth and company has gone through significant change.

Great Place to Work Program is awesome.
    I love the new employee lounge on the third floor in Minneapolis.

Dynamic company, smart people

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The ongoing theme at Ceridian, echoed by many, is that the "people are great" Such a pleasure to work with others who are committed to excellence and are accountable AND fun to be around.

Having cool products in a pretty settled industry, and being part of the ongoing evolution is energizing

Cons

Ceridian may be an 80 year old company but its award winning flagship solution is a leader in the market because of the agility and savvy of the business leaders. If you can embrace change, it's the place for you. If you prefer to do things the same way forever (because its ALWAYS been that way) then you might want to look elsewhere

Stay in touch with the "front lines" to maintain the engaged workforce while also ensuring the same message is being delivered across the company - to employees as well as customers

Content

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good benefits. Good opportunities to advance within the company, good leadership. good overall communication

Cons

inconsistent training, unrealistic expectations for some positions. unorganized marketing team

Happy at Ceridian!

Current Employee - Vice President in Hudson, WI
    Current Employee - Vice President in Hudson, WI

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've been at Ceridian for over 16 years - working in the LifeWorks business unit.

At Ceridian I've had the opportunity to grow from an entry level role into a VP leadership role. As with any company there are pros & cons, however I've assessed my career multiple times over the years and continue to believe that Ceridian is the best option for me. They value my opinion, give me flexibility to balance work/life and continue to provide career advancement opportunities.

Cons

I think a sign of a healthy company is it's ability to change with market demand. Ceridian has demonstrated it's willingness to change and "stay aligned" with our customers and prospects over the years. This requires employees at Ceridian to accept change and shift along with it. If you aren't willing to accept change, Ceridian isn't the right company for you.

Continue to consistently provide transparency into our business health and strategic direction.

Fast moving cloud company - great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company continues to go through a significant shift in culture - from a slow moving payroll processing to a fast-paced cloud based SAS company with the feel of a start-up. Great benefits (401k with match, medical, dental, vision), competitive salaries, and constant "fun-at-work" events. Specifically, in Minneapolis, there is an on-site workout facility (for ~$10/month for employees), great trails around the office, which sits adjacent to the environmentally protected Minnesota River Valley, and a game-room where employees can take a break to play pool, ping-pong, Nintendo Wii or darts.

The leadership has a clear vision to future success and seems to be hitting on all cylinders right now - like I said, moving fast. The CEO, David Ossip, is a visionary who has continued to adapt into his role from start-up founder to the leader of a ~$1B company. The CFO, Lois Martin, makes the right decisions to move the company forward and has built an exceptional team around her. She has done what is right and is accountable and responsible for her decisions - exactly what a CFO should be!

Cons

With the fast pace comes constant change. If you are applying to work at Ceridian, be ready to adapt to this ever-changing environment. Along with the change comes some push-back from the individuals that don't work well in this environment.

Continue down the path you are going and we can make this an even better place to build a career.

Company Continue to Improve

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Senior management has done an excellent job of changing the corporate culture to a positive environment from a very dog-eat-dog environment when I arrived. New products definitely leading company to grow and the future looks bright. Good work-life balance in most departments. Excellent facilities and corporate perks

Cons

Culture is very process oriented. This leads to poor data quality problems. Management does not do an effective job of using data and quantitative analytics to make decisions. This leads to poor business decisions or guessing at correct strategy to take in the market place. Management will manipulate numbers to make goals.

Make a concerted effort to improve data quality and start using analytics to run business vs. gut feelings

Discrimination

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Great hours, off holidays,off weekends.Enjoyed Festivities.

Cons

Supervisors need to go through sensitivity training.

Your management should go on experience not if an employee glasses are tinted.

Watch out looks great but...

I worked at Ceridian full-time

Pros

Longevity for some but others are not so fortunate regardless of level. They have good benefits medical dental and vision but a limited choice of plans.

Cons

Presidents, Directors, Managers at all levels and regular employees are not safe from the ax.
    Management seeking to say derogatory things about past employees to current employees whom they never met.

Don't just worry about going public next year. Be concerned about the present and have a 5 year plan.

4 years in sales

Former Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive

I worked at Ceridian part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Comp & benefits are on parr with market (but the comp plan changes often). Fairly good culture over all. Solid training. District Managers, despite their frustrations with leadership, are supportive.

Cons

Comp plans change constantly & often not rolled out until the bed if Q1.
    Products of emphases were ALWAYS discontinued after sales spent 12 months ramping up sales
    Commission checks were not correct for the last 2 years of my employment. The "review/correction" process was so painful that many reps just gave up on trying to get them corrected.
    Constant change in goals, no long term goals, very short sited company.

Set 3/5and 10 year goals. Solidify a comp plan by Jan 1 & stick with it. Be proactive with customers for errors & product shortcomings, stop reducing pay outs. Force finance to tighten up the communication between the commission & billing systems to reduce rep frustration with errors with inaccurate commissions.

Top HCM company making huge strides!

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for; employees are treated fair, great time-off program and fun events at each location. Senior leadership is easy to talk too and listens to what the employees have to say. Developing great products and staying on top of newest technology within the industry.

Cons

Work/life balance can be an issue in some areas; offer virtual where it makes sense and this can then be a positive very quickly.

We say we are one company so let's put the Ceridian vs Dayforce differences behind and all be called Ceridian!