Ceridian

Updated January 28, 2015
3.7

Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • The work-life balance and employee/manager relationships at Ceridian are great (in 39 reviews)

• Working with great people encourages me to exceed in my role (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Not your granddaddy Ceridian anymore

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Engaged team supported by management. Company has transformed tremendously over the last three years from a payroll company to a leading human capital management cloud provider. Product is quite differentiated in the market and is capturing massive market share. It is really fun to be on a winning team.

Cons

Fast moving organization that might not be right for everyone. While hours are very flexible and really not more than 40 hours per week there is an expectation that you need to deliver. This does create some stress for people.

More differentiated performance management linked closely to incentive compensation.

Great culture, great people, great company

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

I have worked for Ceridian for almost 20 years. The consistent theme has always been great people who are passionate about doing what's right for the customer. With the acquisition of Dayforce, we became an even greater company. We now have the best technology in the marketplace that is really changing the world of work for our clients, and improving the lives of their payroll and HR administrative teams by providing significant process improvements, which leads to more efficiency and a more balanced work-week. Our leadership team has incredible vision and "walks the talk" - they are very open to feedback and more importantly, take action when things need attention. And they are very accessible - to employees and to our clients.

Cons

No cons of working at Ceridian. The only con in general is that the marketplace is not fully aware of our superior capabilities so we sometimes miss out on opportunities. I truly believe those companies that don't consider Ceridian are missing out on meeting their potential when they choose a competitor.

Keep doing what you're doing!!

Energized by great products and solid leadership

Current Employee - Sales Effectiveness Professional in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Effectiveness Professional in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Excellent record over the last three years of doing what they'll say they'll do. We've seen a major technology upgrade internally. I'm very appreciative of our leadership team's willingness to invest in the technology we need to perform at a world class level. I'm excited about our ability to capitalize on the market opportunity in HCM technology today. We've got a world-class product, Dayforce HCM, that gives us a competitive edge in the marketplace. Ongoing investment in this technology, along with building the organization to implement and support our customers, gives me great reasons for optimism about the future.

Cons

Still too much bureaucracy that is hindering decision making needed to launch new products and processes. There seem to be too many people involved in decisions, when a key representative of a function should be empowered to make decisions knowing s/he will have the support of their function.

Consider creating a #1EX program - similar to the cross functional efforts to create the #1 Customer Experience, we would benefit from a team focusing on creating the #1 Employee Experience. Not just Fun@Work, but much more.

I LOVE my job!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ceridian is a well established company that recognizes their employees' hard work like no other company I have ever been a part of. We sell an exceptional product and are run by an even more exceptional team of managers. We have unlimited resources and training at our fingertips, the benefits are top notch and we are a part of a team that truly has FUN at work. I am grateful!

Cons

Because of the industry and the products we sell, the knowledge required is vast. We are always learning and are kept on our toes (but those are also pros!). We have some kinks to work out as a company but we are well on our way.

Ceridian, What great looks like

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ceridian is a great company. The organization wins many awards about best places to work. Internally, it is the same, great colleagues, great management, great culture

Cons

Nothing bad about the company.

Keep up the good work

Ceridian HCM cares about their employees & customers.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like working here because everyone is focused on creating a great customer experience. The people I work with are respectful, professional, truly caring & incredibly knowledgeable. We work as a team & value each others input. (I know that sounds like a commercial, my HR team probably just put that into the mission statement - or maybe it was already there - but it's true) We are innovative, thoughtful & extremely agile. We deliver results that make a difference to our customers & to each other. I love being part of this culture. There are tons of opportunities to move into other areas of the organization as well, so I plan to be here for a very long time.

Cons

With the inception of Dayforce, the dark suits had to make way for the jeans & a black t-shirt crowd... A new leadership team brought in a new culture & sometimes the old & new can clash a little. We have gotten pretty good at deciphering what old stuff was actually good, but sometimes we figure it out the hard way... We get rid of something, then everyone gets mad & viola, it's back. Also, things move very fast. You have to be adaptable & willing to try something new. If you're stuck in your ways, this would not be the place for you.

Keep it up!!

A great company with a great product

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

I LOVE my job, my manager and my coworkers. I am constantly approached by recruiters from other HCM companies and I just have no interest in leaving. I've seen this company improve so much under the leadership of Stewart Harvey and David Ossip over the last few years. I have always stayed because of the people and now I can also say that I stay because of the Dayforce product, too. Our executives are the most approachable and "real" as they get. They are constantly listening and making the right improvements in the right areas.

Cons

Change (for the better) is happening so fast it can be hard to keep up.

Keep on the current path of valuing employees and focusing on the customer.

Transforming how companies deliver people management excellence with great people and technology!

Current Employee - Major Account Representative
    Current Employee - Major Account Representative

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ceridian is Delivering on technology's promise with Dayforce and not riding on the back of old technology investments redressed with pretty interfaces.

Ceridian trains every employee to have a superior knowledge of Dayforce technology, including senior leadership and admins.

Everyone is family here. The only expectation is that you do your part to contribute to the success of the company, your teammates and most importantly our clients.

Compensation is on par with the industry with great rewards for outperformance.

My manager is the epitome of great leadership and that is a top down phenomenon. I feel cared for at a personal level and there is great work-life balance. He is in the trenches with me every day.

Dayforce keeps getting more impressive each quarter!

Cons

Expect changes to happen periodically. The larger part of the challenges around growing pains have lessened and the improvement is greatly noticeable over the last 6 months. Growth is being managed more effectively as past experiences have proven effective teachers. Great but not perfect so expect occasional setbacks on your journey to greatness.

Keep up the progress and growth. Continue to invest in your employees and learn from every experience.

A long-term employee's perspective on change, improvement, and a positive outlook for the future.

Current Employee - Learning & Development in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Learning & Development in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Having worked at Ceridian for over 19 years, I have seen many changes within our organization. The one thing that has remained true is the community of quality employees and the investment in professionals that always holds true. Ceridian has always preserved the family-like atmosphere and the work and home life balance has always been respected. I've had the option to telecommute and determine my own flex-hours over the years and this has been one of the greatest incentives for supporting my belief that this is a great company to work for.

Cons

There have been so many changes in top-level management over the years and thus many different approaches to company strategies and directions. Just as employees have embraced a new corporate-level concept or theme, they're being asked to accept a new one or in some cases, revert back to a previous one 3-5 years down the line. Despite the challenges to get it right, the past 3-5 years have looked more promising and there is hope that we're getting it right.

I believe that there have been quality employees we have too easily "let go" over the years. A greater inventory needs to be assessed on the impact that any one employee may have on the company (experience-level, project involvement, and especially support of other employees), before making a hasty decision to laying them off. Additionally, bonus and incentives for employees who do remain with Ceridian over the years should be part of the employee package.

Really loving it here

Current Employee - Sales in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting pace, fun group, product rocks! I have been at Ceridian for four years now and am very happy with my decision to join this great team.

Cons

Company has gone through a lot of change (all of it for the better) in the last two years. Essentially changed from a service to a leading cloud company. For some employees this has been a difficult transition. However, I really like the changes and am very excited with what the future holds.

Even more company communications so that everyone gets how well we are doing.