Ceridian

Updated February 24, 2015
3.9

Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • The work-life balance and employee/manager relationships at Ceridian are great (in 39 reviews)

• Working with great people encourages me to exceed in my role (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

I LOVE my job!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ceridian is a well established company that recognizes their employees' hard work like no other company I have ever been a part of. We sell an exceptional product and are run by an even more exceptional team of managers. We have unlimited resources and training at our fingertips, the benefits are top notch and we are a part of a team that truly has FUN at work. I am grateful!

Cons

Because of the industry and the products we sell, the knowledge required is vast. We are always learning and are kept on our toes (but those are also pros!). We have some kinks to work out as a company but we are well on our way.

Great place to work. Amazing amount of innovation happening by industry veterans.

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- innovative product with amazing market perception
    - intelligent and forward thinking management
    - internal growth (they are hiring like crazy all dept's)
    - yoy growth is very strong

Cons

- fun/social things are done on a tight budget.
    - it operates in a boring vertical which you can tell. You are working for a payroll software company.
    - constantly changing management, does not affect your job unless you are the type to let it.
    - can be long hours

Great place to work

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Great opportunity for growth. The company offers great programs to reach both your personal and professional goals.

Cons

HR processes internally could be improved. It's been recognized and improvements are in the pipeline.

Continue to invest in human capital!

Best Executive Team....creates GREAT atmosphere!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

CEO doesn't just lead; he is in the trenches and involved in all aspects of the business. I do not know any companies this size where any employee can pick up the phone and call the CEO or any executive for help. The people here are amazing and everyone does their best to work together and serve our customers. There are excellent tools and resources available to do your job and help you in your personal life.

Cons

Typical growing pains with an organization that has achieved phenomenal rapid growth. No place is perfect, no solution is without some faults, but Ceridian works the hardest at being the best they can be for their employees and customers

Love the new value wheel and look forward to sharing it with clients. Love, love, love all the support you give to your employees.

a company going through an exciting transformation

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

a proud legacy, particularly in canada. the new hcm product is revolutionary, turning ceridian into a growth company

Cons

product technology of legacy product has traditionally been a weakness, addressed by the new hcm product.

need to focus on integration of legacy and cloud businesses

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Vice President, Technology
    Current Employee - Vice President, Technology

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ceridian is growing, transforming and constantly reinventing themselves. I have been a technology leader within the organization for the last three years. I can honestly say that I have seen the organization get better with every passing year. There has been true commitment from the leadership team to values - integrity, ethics, employee engagement. The people are committed to the company and are recognized for their contributions. I love my team and the high performers I get to work with everyday. And equally as important, I love the personal growth and challenge I get every day in my roles at Ceridian. Very excited about the future ahead of us as a company.

Cons

To love Ceridian, you need to be a little bit of an inventor, a change agent and a team builder. A highly transformative, fast-paced company is not for everyone. I believe it attracts high performers who want to make a difference.

Move over Google - Ceridian set to take over as best employer!!!

Current Employee - Vice President, Product & Technology in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President, Product & Technology in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Can anyone say AWARDS.....Best Technology / Best Employer / Highest Employee Engagement / etc / etc.
    -Great corporate culture with a heavy customer service focus.
    -Complete transparency from the CEO down.
    -New product and technology is leaving competitors in the dust...Ceridian really is the leader in R&D.
    -Future outlook for this firm is very bright.
    -Much more to list (but you will only read a few bullet points).

Cons

-The free pizza sometimes has pineapple on it (yuk).

Great Company, Awesome Products, Cutting Edge Technology.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Employee experience unsurpassed, the infrastructure to support the individual is phenomenal. The tenure of the employees across the entire organization is remarkable especially in this transient day and age.Senior Management transparent in all of their dealings both with employees and customers alike. Customers have a real voice in guiding Ceridian to the forefront of the marketplace.Our Dayforce solution is hands down the best HCM solution in the industry today and will be for many years to come, truly innovative.

Cons

As with any large ocean liner changing course takes time and Ceridian has made the changes it just can't happen quick enough.

Stay the course and ignore the naysayers.

Growing company, with lots of exciting initiatives!

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Ceridian for almost 3 years and have seen a tremendous shift in priorities and focus. The company has become much more customer and employee focused. Senior management recognizes that engaged and committed employees are critical to the future growth and success of the company.

Cons

The company is still working through integration issues (integrating its US and Canadian operations), but has made tremendous strides forward.

Exciting Products, Great People

Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

The leadership team has a clear vision for Ceridian and is making good progress every year towards accomplishing it. Very employee and customer focused. Great teamwork across disciplines and the immediate team I work with is very good.

Cons

Typical concerns for all successful companies - there are times when long hours are required. Communication across time zomes, borders and products can be challenging