Ceridian Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
2.8

Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • My management team is very understanding that life happens and encourages a good work/life balance (in 30 reviews)

• Great people to work with and the work life balance is good (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance (in 17 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

I hand picked Ceridian as the #1 company of my choice to work for! I'm loving it!

Current Employee - Sales Enablement Manager  in  Petaluma, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Enablement Manager in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for less than a year

Pros

After being with another software company for many years, I decided I wanted to move to Ceridian after reading and hearing about the great things happening. I've not been disappointed! There is a great team atmosphere. The people are smart, friendly, hard-working and great team players. The management is also great (honest, innovative, and supportive - wanting the best for me as well as for the company). There is open communication, good benefits, great work-life balance, and overall just a great place to work.

Cons

I'm a virtual employee so the only con I can think of is not being able to participate in Fun@Work events.

Continue to push Ceridian to be one of the hottest software companies out there. I love the 'start-up' and innovative atmosphere and am excited to see where this company is moving. I love that you value and invest in your employees and know they are the secret to our success.

FUN and Challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Meritocracy all the way - if you get what the company is doing and meet expectations, you'll thrive.
    - Visionary leadership - CEO is the a business technology leader. Not short of innovative ideas, execution, and moving the company forward.
    - Customer focused - Nice to see investment in Ceridian's XOXO, our Customer Success Program

Cons

- Moving too fast: Innovation is moving the company very fast. Change management from the old Ceridian is key
    - Baggage; There is some baggage from the old way of doing things. Unhappy customers, complacent employees, aversion to change, etc... but I think people are getting it.

Encourage ideas and continue moving in the right direction. There are people within Ceridian who won't fit the paradigm shift to innovation and customer success. Weed them out.

Challenging and Interesting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility and abiltiy to generate ideas and make them happen. Very grass-roots type culture and fast paced

Cons

Hard for me to answer.....I enjoy the team I work with, I enjoy my client group and my mgr is great

The direction the company is moving in feels super positive and I love seeing the pro-employee changes

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was a great and a fun place to work

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Provided excellent training and the training was on going. The company also sponsored team and moral building events. There were plenty of resources to help you do your job successfully. The teams also worked well together and everyone pitched in to hlep.

Cons

Extremely top heavy with supervisors and managers. The company also sought these managers from the outside instead of promoting within the company. We would get emails about new upper level mangers and would never see them on the floor and they would be gone within a year.

Ceridian is a great place to work.

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ceridian is making great strides in the area of employee engagement. Many programs have been implemented to retain top talent, including promoting from within, providing opportunities for personal and professional development, embracing work/life balance, having fun at work, and giving back to the community. Ceridian values their employees and it shows!

Cons

In the transition from Ceridian to Ceridian HCM, there have been some bumps in the road and even a few potholes. There is a lot of work yet to be done to bring everyone into the fold of Ceridian HCM, but local management is helping ease the transition as much as possible.

I have a very strong direct manager. She provides us with relevant business updates, let's us know we are valued for our hard work, and is available when we need her without micro-managing. My manager is one of the top three reasons why I have been with Ceridian for 17 years. Bring back manager training so all Ceridian employees can have the benefit of working for someone who is an effective leader.

Extreme micromanagement with no regard for their employees.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is pretty decent but still seems inadequate when compared to the nonsense you have to deal with from management.

Cons

The company is ran by numbers.........bottom line. They have little concern for employees as individuals. They're constantly making changes in a meager attempt to keep up with the Jones without fully researching what is required to make the change a successful one. Resources are extremely limited and scarcely provided. I have worked here a few years and have only experienced one manager that seemed to care about her staff enough not to shuck and jive for upper management and actually stand against implementing changes that were not conducive to productivity of the team as a whole. Upper management uses extreme micromanagement to control the staff and then threatens to fire you if you do not walk the tight rope.

Listen to your employees!!!!!!!!!!! Happy employees makes a company better. It's counter productive to treat your employees like crap and expect them to go above and beyond rendering outstanding service while placing unrealistic and ridiculous demands over their heads.

Ex employee's review

Former Employee - Software Support Analyst  in  Creve Coeur, MO
    Former Employee - Software Support Analyst in Creve Coeur, MO

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay was pretty good. Lots of PTO and GREAT work/life balance

Cons

Some managers were really micro-managing

Keep the analysts updated.

Great Opportunity

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work life balance, benefits, people

Cons

Challenging products, disaggregated organization, silo mentality

Transforming technology but at a high cost

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ceridian Dayforce offers a solid blend of employees with decades of expertise with young, straight out of university employees with nonconforming, creative ideas. The CEO and senior leadership have hands on working knowledge of the Dayforce product. It's a start up mentality run business unit within a strong corporate brand.

Cons

Ceridian Dayforce is transforming technology but at a high cost to its integrity and employee satisfaction. Leadership consistently undermines employee expertise because senior leadership, including the CEO know better than everyone else. If you want to be a follower and are good at just doing what you've been told, this is the company for you! If you have a mind of your own and believe your expertise and opinions will add value, look for employment elsewhere.

Define a solid business strategy and focus on it; is it globalization, mobile, user experience, landing page? Listen to your employees; stop yelling at them (yes, I mean actual yelling), demeaning them in front of their peers and attempting to "motivate" through belittlement. Acknowledgement of effort goes a long way in fostering an environment where people want to work.

Operations Specialist

Former Employee - Operations Specialist  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very good people and very caring managers.

Cons

In the time that I spent there, I had not complaints.

Very good company.

Worked for Ceridian? Contribute to the Community!