Ceridian
www.ceridian.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Ceridian Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

David Ossip

Pros:
  • "My management team is very understanding that life happens and encourages a good work/life balance"
    in 29 reviews
  • "Great people to work with and the work life balance is good"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years"
    in 18 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Was Great ... But Then it Wasn't

Anonymous (Former Employee)
    Fountain Valley, CA

ProsGood work-life balance, great co-workers and dedicated employees and great benefits, including vacation time. Most managers very flexible with work schedule. Opportunity to work on exciting projects to advance skill set. Training provided for most positions.

ConsWas a great place to work until 3 or 4 years ago. Changing of top management, who brings their friends into the company so priorities constantly change and projects are cancelled. Then another management team is brought in and the cycle starts again. Combining departments, changing management - middle managers being hired right and left with no clue how the business runs and don't know how to relate to others, either in office or remotely. No teamwork between business units. Limited advancement. No recognition in later years - not even a "thank you, job well done." Constantly driving off or laying off talented employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou had a great company then let it go. Train employees and managers how to relate to others, especially when working and managing remotely. Make decisions with information from employees, not from those who don't understand how the business works. And stop driving off your most talented employees.

Operations Specialist

Operations Specialist (Former Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsVery good people and very caring managers.

ConsIn the time that I spent there, I had not complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery good company.

Poor Choices

ProsI've met some interesting, smart and talented people, worked for some great managers and have learned a lot during my tenure.

ConsLeadership is concentrated on the bottom line, to the detriment of the employees. They have cut back on employee benefits and perks although they try to make it appear otherwise. They will continue to lose customers and employees if they don't stop and look at the internal problems that continue to fester.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership team needs to quickly learn how to work together or else they will continue to lose valuable employees and further ruin the company's reputation.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Historically and excellent organization for employee development

Sales Management (Former Employee)

Pros- benefits
    - corporate infrastructure
    - soft HR services

Cons- market limitations
    - market direction
    - false starts

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate. Pick and nurture field level leadership.

Better than reviews in this post

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsCentered around employee development; great outlook

Conssome bitter management folks still around poisoning the troops

Advice to Senior Managementlet it go

Not a great company, not the worst.

Service Delivery Analyst (Current Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsIn my department, there is a high level of autonomy, my co-workers are great, and our managers are very supportive. I've heard that is not necessarily the case in all departments. The compensation is not terrible and the benefits are ok. My management team is very understanding that life happens and encourages a good work/life balance. They are very flexible; as long as the work is getting done they pretty much leave you alone.

ConsThere is not much collaboration or team work between departments. Everyone is too focused on who is to blame rather than fixing the problem. There is a serious lack of training and high turnover. They have just finally implemented some career pathing, but it is not communicated and I have only seen info for sales positions. There is very little company culture, at least in this location.

One the worst HCM companies to work for

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsNone!!!! Very poorly ran company I wish there was something positive to say.

ConsDont trust the unskilled upper management. Very poor salary vs. Other HCM companies. Seen some of the best sales pro's asked to leave even when they are top producers

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real sales managers that actually can and have sold anythung. Need to lead by example

This was a valuable experience that furthered my professional development.

Employee Assistance Case Manager (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, MN

ProsI had the chance to work with a team of accomplished employee assistance professionals. I felt proud of the work I did there with the client companies. It is always a privilege to help employees be better employees.

ConsManagement changed several times, which had some impact on the flow of the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the working team's feedback about process improvements.

Horrible Managment

ProsGood Pay, Clean Campus, Secure Campus

ConsManagement is unorganized and rude. Don't ever get sick or injured while working here. They will let you go in a heartbeat.

Steady employment for Seventeen Years, positions held from Data Entry to Business Analyst

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsThey offer great benefits, a work-life balance, and promote from within.

ConsA constant evolution within the work environment

Worked for Ceridian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ceridian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ceridian CEO David Ossip. All 321 reviews posted anonymously by Ceridian employees.