Ceridian Reviews

Reset
4.2
Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • Good work-life balance in most departments (in 39 reviews)

• Working with great people encourages me to exceed in my role (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be an issue in some areas; offer virtual where it makes sense and this can then be a positive very quickly (in 19 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Sales

Current Employee - Major Account Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Major Account Representative in Houston, TX

Pros

The company cares about its employees & clients. The atmosphere is innovative and the executive leadership team is committed to excellence in every area. Leadership also encourages open communication (transparency) which is refreshing in today's corporate environment. The majority of staff are committed, caring people. The company culture is the best I've experienced in my 23 year sales career.

Cons

As a virtual employee, the challenge for me is often figuring out which office or resource to contact when I need support, direction or service information.

Advice to Management

Keep the wonderful company culture and continue to hire staff to support the tremendous growth we are experiencing.

Why Ceridian?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time

Pros

Ceridian is a great and fun company to work for. Ceridian is progressive company that operates like a young and innovative company. Every one of our leaders is approachable and encourages feedback and input from not only the employees but also from our customers. Ceridian offers good benefits and salary. Having the ability to work in a virtual environment has been a top priority as I have been allowed to have a true work-life balance experience. Ceridian has implemented many great employee programs i.e., Fun-At-Work, Mentoring@Ceridian. We are a People Company!

Cons

No notable Cons to mention. Expect to be engaged. Expect to have fun and expect to be challenged. Expect to Win!

Best Place I Have EVER Worked!!!

Current Employee - Customer Support Technical Specialist III in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

Great Pay Great People Fun Atmosphere Interesting Job Challenging Job Great Training Great Walking Area (Mezzanine) Appreciative Management (Upper included) Close to Amenities Safe (Guard Station)

Cons

Too many emails are sent on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You make this place wonderful.

Struggling Organization

Pros

I had the opportunity to work with a few brilliant people.

Cons

There was a lot to be desired when it came to project organization. The product itself was sub-par; it had some interesting utility, but often times, the product was glitchy and would break as new hot fixes or new versions were rolled out.

Dayforce / Great Technology

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fantastic technology being positioned to the market and it has gained tremendous traction.The last few years have been really fun and I've never made more money!

Cons

None to speak of at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep hitting the roadmap targets and we will sell it!

Service Delivery

Current Employee - Service Delivery
    Current Employee - Service Delivery

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, steady growth, lots of opportunity. Overall positive and supportive environment.

Cons

No real cons - heavy workload due to growth and evolution. The opportunity is there to be part of everything and help drive success. Its a very exciting time to be @ Ceridian.

Advice to Management

Continue to show consideration of work life balance. Continue momentum on great programs in place (top talent, mentoring, etc) as it shows great value in your employees.

Ceridian is a great company to work for!

Pros

High focus on: 1) Delivering quality products and services 2) Values employee engagement and satisfaction Appreciate flexibility with work environments with embracing virtual employees.

Cons

Current workloads are overwhelming in some areas of the business.

Ceridian is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ceridian has the name recognition and history in the industry, having been in business over 80 years. In the past 3-5 years, they have completely reshaped organization with the development of Dayforce. Ceridian operates in a blend of a start-up feel with the backing of a global organization. The company cultured has changed for the better, allowing direct access to senior leadership. There is transparency in decision making, and they have worked to develop programs internally to aid in advancement, development and greater culture. Examples of programs: * Mentorship Opportunities with Leaders * Volunteer Days for Staff * Fun at Work Program * Year End Award Trips (Barcelona, Costa Rica, Maui in 2016) * Cross training and Career Training

Cons

With the historical pieces of the organization still in existence, there are still areas in the organization that are silo-ed due to the structure that existed from past years. While they work to include these, they mainly align to aged or legacy product types.

Advice to Management

Continue with the good work!

Good product, Bad work life balance

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product overall - Dayforce is becoming more streamlined and "cool" with each release. Starting to become who they want to be when they grow up. Sr Leaders are technology savvy and are staying ahead of the curve on market trends. Smart people finding creative ways to get product to market quickly.

Cons

Growing pains. Backlog. ZERO work life balance in certain areas of the company. The workloads are absolutely overwhelming, with more being asked each day. Top talent is leaving left and right due to burn out. Sr Leaders are very focused on making numbers and it is rolling downhill in a negative way. Department managers and directors have little authority to protect their people from this, as they have to make department numbers as well. Creative ideas have been tried, but the volume is not sustainable.

Advice to Management

You have to stop the bleeding. You have really smart people leaving with years of expertise, and managers and directors who have done all they can to support and back your play. Find a balance so that you don't kill your people.

Business Development Executive

Current Employee - Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company and benefits. Colleagues will go out of your way to assist you if you need help. I work with a great team that is understanding and accommodating to work/life balance. I love the team-building activities and could not ask for a better boss. It is fun learning about the HR/Payroll industry including their award winning Dayforce.

Cons

Need to have a better definition of sales territory and management needs to be more aggressive when it comes to assigning them to the right person to get the Job done.

Advice to Management

Need to listen more to employee suggestions. Also need to get aggressive in hiring more outside reps to cover territory. In my several months here Ceridian has made a 180 degree turn in becoming one of the best companies to work for in America! Take these suggestions in account and we will do great!

RSS Feed </> Embed