Ceridian Reviews

Reset
4.2
Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • The work-life balance and employee/manager relationships at Ceridian are great (in 39 reviews)

• Working with great people encourages me to exceed in my role (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

I LOVE my job!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ceridian is a well established company that recognizes their employees' hard work like no other company I have ever been a part of. We sell an exceptional product and are run by an even more exceptional team of managers. We have unlimited resources and training at our fingertips, the benefits are top notch and we are a part of a team that truly has FUN at work. I am grateful!

Cons

Because of the industry and the products we sell, the knowledge required is vast. We are always learning and are kept on our toes (but those are also pros!). We have some kinks to work out as a company but we are well on our way.

Working at Ceridian

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many opportunities to provide feedback on process improvements, which goes to show that new perspectives are welcomed. The company culture encourages positive attitudes. There are also quite a few fun employee events put on throughout the year.

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to say.

Very unique and special

Current Employee - Vice President, Marketing in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Vice President, Marketing in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Large stable company yet operating like a startup
    - Huge growth in cloud
    - New and exciting challenges everyday
    - Transformed to a leader in its industry in just a few short years
    - Open and transparent
    If helping to transform this company from a stale service provider to a leader in cloud software is my biggest career achievement, then I can look back at my career and feel proud, rewarded, and accomplished.

Cons

This is not necessarily a con... but I think that every employee needs to take control of his/her career. Everyone I speak/interact with is honest and genuine. I encourage all my colleagues to talk to their managers on a regular basis. We are very busy and growing like crazy, and I know sometimes it seems hard to take the time to have these conversations, but in my experience, it is really easy to do so. Just ask.

Advice to Management

- Continue honest conversations.
    - Zero in on cloud growth
    - More stock options to get employees vested in our success

Working for the best company!

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If I could describe Ceridian in one word it would be "Transperency.” With technology changing rapidly it is important to always know where your organization is headed and I always feel connected to what our leadership team is planning both short and long term. Dayforce HCM is the most amazing system I have ever worked in for HR and as a solutions consultant being able to demonstrate it to clients and future clients is rewarding and fun. An amazing leadership team, an awesome product, and loyal clients makes this the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Our management team does a fantastic job communicating the strategic goals of the organization.

6. payroll specialist

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Ceridian (More than a year)

Pros

frendly place and not much work to do

Cons

pay is under the market spectative

7. Account Executive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian (Less than a year)

Pros

Work-life Balance and Benefits are good. Management is very open to new ideas and improvements. Ceridian has become much better at recognizing top talent internally and creating a career path. Co-Workers are the best. Ceridian has a lot of talent and dedicated people working for them.

Cons

Communications between different departments are lacking significantly and you can get the feeling that people are not pulling in the same direction but are working against you. This can make things very frustrating!
    Change is constant
    Compensation may not always be the best

Advice to Management

A lot of good things have happened for Ceridian over the last 3 years. Continue to work on transparency and employee engagement.

Challenging work in a great environment

Current Employee - Software Developer Senior in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Software Developer Senior in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong team members. The hiring standards are high, which gives me extra confidence that everyone is not only capable, but they are also good to work with and (generally) fit within the team and work culture very well.

Strong compensation and average benefits (including things like team lunches, Peer recognition & rewards, and Fun@Work).

Managers who care about you, as a person. I directly contribute to the companies success - but I'm not just another "cog".

Cons

Health Benefits are average, which is not exactly good - but they aren't horrible either.

This is not a con for me, but could be for some: it is an Agile work environment with projects that never end. We are always pushing forward and extending the product and technology backing it.

Occasional stretches of crunch.

Advice to Management

Don't stop caring about us. We noticed it and appreciate it!

9. long-term, expeienced employee here

Current Employee - Manager, Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well, the campus is pretty. Not that this makes a significant diff. in one's current or future life.
    Anyway, I'm middle-aged now, and have worked for 6 companies in my life. Thanks to some of them working out well, I'm a multi-millionaire now. Ceridian was not one of the best; it was fair. And this reflected in the ownership (they get the profits), and the resultant filtering down... you employees get a little, and each hour that you work, each dollar in revenue that you create, has a portion given to the owners. Like that? If you're satisfied with this, then you belong. Lord help you when you turn 66. If not, then consider a co. with serious benefits. Please.

Cons

see the 'pros' in my write-up. With Ceridian you can sustanin a lower-middle or middle-class lifestyle, making others rich, and you'll never be that. The management of the co. reflects this, by the way. It's mediocre. We used to say, as a division of Ceridian's Military OneSource, it's a 'March to Mediocrity'.

Advice to Management

sell, be average, or die

My experience working at Ceridian has been rewarding and valuable. I've been able to increase my technical knowledge.

Current Employee - Client Services Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Services Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been able to apply my education to real world technical items.

Cons

My nearly 50 mile commute to the office has been a challenge at times.

Advice to Management

Continue allowing subordinates to provide input regarding changes that will impact their day to day activities.

11. Quick Review

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Virtual employee with flexibility and have a super boss!

Cons

not sure that I have growth

RSS Feed </> Embed