Ceridian Reviews

Reset
4.2
Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • Good work-life balance in most departments (in 39 reviews)

• Working with great people encourages me to exceed in my role (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be an issue in some areas; offer virtual where it makes sense and this can then be a positive very quickly (in 19 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Sales

Current Employee - Major Account Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Major Account Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

The company cares about its employees & clients. The atmosphere is innovative and the executive leadership team is committed to excellence in every area. Leadership also encourages open communication (transparency) which is refreshing in today's corporate environment. The majority of staff are committed, caring people. The company culture is the best I've experienced in my 23 year sales career.

Cons

As a virtual employee, the challenge for me is often figuring out which office or resource to contact when I need support, direction or service information.

Advice to Management

Keep the wonderful company culture and continue to hire staff to support the tremendous growth we are experiencing.

Ceridian (first year employee perspective)

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

The company culture is really great. It is a competitive environment, but I have not found an example of anyone that is not willing to help in any way they can. There is a very good training/onboarding environment. The client comes first, and Dayforce is an excellent product. I really like working for this company!

Cons

The biggest challenge seems to be in implementation. Dayforce is in such high demand that their is sometimes a back-log until clients can move to Dayforce. I know that management is highly focused on getting additional, high-quality resources. It is not ideal, but it is good to know that the product is that highly sought after.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - District Vice President Sales in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - District Vice President Sales in Reno, NV

I have been working at Ceridian full-time

Pros

Exciting culture of growth and change, with motivated people willing to work together to create success. Employees are allowed to try strategies that may not work the first time, learn from it, and make better decisions next time without looking over their shoulders.

Cons

Speed of growth and change can be daunting for the feint of heart. It sometimes feels like a billion dollar start up.

Advice to Management

Keep going and keep pushing. We've got to seize the moment now as these type of great opportunities may only happen once in a career.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Having worked at Ceridian for almost 18 years, I can confidently say it is a great place to work. The most outstanding thing is the people and teams that I work with. There are always some ups and downs but the Management team all the way up to the executive level is very responsive, truly cares about the customer and designing towards customer needs. They remain flexible to keep up with current technology if not forefronting it and encourage employee thinking and suggestions (no 'yes' men/women here.) Supportive Management, Competitive salary, great benefits, challenging work, fast paced and great people.

Cons

At times, during year end or as business/backlogs can climb, you may find yourself working long hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to both Customers and to engage employees. Continue recognition and updates, keeping employees in the loop.

Working at Ceridian

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ceridian utilizes the best technology and the best people. I love working here!

Cons

Would like even more marketing exposure to make our brand even bigger (ads, commercials, etc.)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! It's amazing what this company has become under your leadership.

The best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is relaxed yet professional. Ceridian works very hard to promote a customer focused, but employee engagement and empowerment environment. The managers are leaders and not just paper pushers approving time cards. They get down in the dirt with you an will get just as dirty as needs be to get the job done. Promotions are not given based on a wall of degrees but quality of work and attention to details that affect our customers. This makes work life better. Benefits start from day 1, and fully comprehensive with choices and process for signing up or getting questions answered is awesome. Pay is above average for all areas that we are located in. We are not trying to hire anyone and pay them low and hope they perform well.

Cons

We have alot of offices and don't always get to interact or communicate with other employees unless you are on the same team or projects. Haven t heard of seen of any company wide events that allow for that. So if your an inside administrative person you don't get the chance to learn about other departments or see other offices if you have no immediate business there. I believe this company is to great not to explore.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Ceridian - Being part of the future vision

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked with Ceridian for many years, but there hasn't been a more exciting time than now. I truly feel like we are headed in the right direction and I am excited to be a part of the company's future vision. I am a participant each year at the company's annual Insights event. This year the atmosphere was uplifting, fun and exciting. This event gives me a chance to meet our customers and for our customers to meet us face to face.

Cons

As Ceridian changes, we, as a company, need to work on getting more customers to our Company / Customer events in order for them to experience and learn about our vision for the future.

9. Ceridian

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people at Ceridian are amazing and I couldn't imagine working with a better team. They really make the work day worth while. I have been supported, challenged, and given every opportunity to advance my career and I am so happy to be a part of such a wonderful organization.

Cons

Sometimes the change management is not the best, but I feel that is true of most organizations.

Bumpy but content.

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people TRANSPARENCY from the TOP Good programs to support current Ceridian/Dayforce customers

Cons

The on-boarding process was a bit bumpy My team is virtual - I see my team once a quarter

Advice to Management

Make personal touches - call to check in once in a while

Exciting time of growth and industry leader

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Growing Company. Industry Leader. Client-focused. Ceridian employees are passionate about what they do and you can feel it in the workplace. Actively working towards providing tools/training that compliment the technological advancement of our product. Bringing onboard more technical resources that have a natural curiosity about how things work.

Cons

Employee-focus is just now starting to appear more important. Lot of talent lost while trying to grow. Need more resources to continue at this pace. Career-pathing isn't obvious; one must dig and continuously ask for opportunities to be involved in work activities outside of current role. Lack of resources probably contributes to this. Still working to make onboarding a scalable model for a growing company.

Advice to Management

Be engaged in the development of your employees. Encourage employees through words and actions to continue to find what drives them to be great at Ceridian. Understand changes to products and have discussions on the impact this may have on how your employees do their job.

RSS Feed </> Embed