Ceridian

Updated March 2, 2015
3.9

Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • The work-life balance and employee/manager relationships at Ceridian are great (in 39 reviews)

• Working with great people encourages me to exceed in my role (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

I LOVE my job!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ceridian is a well established company that recognizes their employees' hard work like no other company I have ever been a part of. We sell an exceptional product and are run by an even more exceptional team of managers. We have unlimited resources and training at our fingertips, the benefits are top notch and we are a part of a team that truly has FUN at work. I am grateful!

Cons

Because of the industry and the products we sell, the knowledge required is vast. We are always learning and are kept on our toes (but those are also pros!). We have some kinks to work out as a company but we are well on our way.

Ceridian Review

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Exceptional product in HCM offering as it moves the platform to a single-record, high technology solution. Dayforce has brought a fresh view to one of the largest providers in the space.

Cons

There is more work than bodies to implement it which is a great problem to have. In addition, the product is growing at such a brisk pace, that as much training as possible may be beneficial.

Hire! Hire! Hire! To offset any impact to work/life balance, comp (and perks) should follow as well as expanded roles and responsibilities.

I like working here

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

I love what I do. New leadership has changed dynamic of the team and has made it a fun place to work. Employees who started in 08 or prior get 4 weeks pdo

Cons

As a new employee years ago, there wasn't much for training. Health coverage has changed but no less than any other place.

Great place to work. Amazing amount of innovation happening by industry veterans.

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- innovative product with amazing market perception
    - intelligent and forward thinking management
    - internal growth (they are hiring like crazy all dept's)
    - yoy growth is very strong

Cons

- fun/social things are done on a tight budget.
    - it operates in a boring vertical which you can tell. You are working for a payroll software company.
    - constantly changing management, does not affect your job unless you are the type to let it.
    - can be long hours

Great place to work

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Great opportunity for growth. The company offers great programs to reach both your personal and professional goals.

Cons

HR processes internally could be improved. It's been recognized and improvements are in the pipeline.

Continue to invest in human capital!

Working for Ceridian can be challenging but also very rewarding.

Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Salary was better than offered elsewhere
    Opportunity to contribute my best and stand out
    Management has been supportive and encouraging
    Coworkers are of high quality and character as well as fun to work with
    Given many opportunities to grow and develop, even in areas outside immediate focus
    Encourage to keep up with and helped in providing continuing professional education in primary discipline

Cons

Technology could use some more attention
    As with other large companies the right hand may not always know what the left hand is doing
    Office casual work environment, but maybe sometimes a little too casual
    Cube could use a little more room and chair could stand to be a little less "used"

Continue to encourage quality employees, not just "fill the seats" as seemed sometimes the case in the past
    Technology security is important but make sure people can still do their jobs

Energized by great products and solid leadership

Current Employee - Sales Effectiveness Professional in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Effectiveness Professional in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Excellent record over the last three years of doing what they'll say they'll do. We've seen a major technology upgrade internally. I'm very appreciative of our leadership team's willingness to invest in the technology we need to perform at a world class level. I'm excited about our ability to capitalize on the market opportunity in HCM technology today. We've got a world-class product, Dayforce HCM, that gives us a competitive edge in the marketplace. Ongoing investment in this technology, along with building the organization to implement and support our customers, gives me great reasons for optimism about the future.

Cons

Still too much bureaucracy that is hindering decision making needed to launch new products and processes. There seem to be too many people involved in decisions, when a key representative of a function should be empowered to make decisions knowing s/he will have the support of their function.

Consider creating a #1EX program - similar to the cross functional efforts to create the #1 Customer Experience, we would benefit from a team focusing on creating the #1 Employee Experience. Not just Fun@Work, but much more.

Good place to gain experience

Current Employee - HRO in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - HRO in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

This is a decent company to gain experience

Cons

It's not what you know.. it's who you know

They won't listen so there is no point

Great culture, great people, great company

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

I have worked for Ceridian for almost 20 years. The consistent theme has always been great people who are passionate about doing what's right for the customer. With the acquisition of Dayforce, we became an even greater company. We now have the best technology in the marketplace that is really changing the world of work for our clients, and improving the lives of their payroll and HR administrative teams by providing significant process improvements, which leads to more efficiency and a more balanced work-week. Our leadership team has incredible vision and "walks the talk" - they are very open to feedback and more importantly, take action when things need attention. And they are very accessible - to employees and to our clients.

Cons

No cons of working at Ceridian. The only con in general is that the marketplace is not fully aware of our superior capabilities so we sometimes miss out on opportunities. I truly believe those companies that don't consider Ceridian are missing out on meeting their potential when they choose a competitor.

Keep doing what you're doing!!

Ceridian, What great looks like

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ceridian is a great company. The organization wins many awards about best places to work. Internally, it is the same, great colleagues, great management, great culture

Cons

Nothing bad about the company.

Keep up the good work