Ceridian

Updated February 24, 2015
3.9

Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • The work-life balance and employee/manager relationships at Ceridian are great (in 39 reviews)

• Working with great people encourages me to exceed in my role (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

I LOVE my job!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ceridian is a well established company that recognizes their employees' hard work like no other company I have ever been a part of. We sell an exceptional product and are run by an even more exceptional team of managers. We have unlimited resources and training at our fingertips, the benefits are top notch and we are a part of a team that truly has FUN at work. I am grateful!

Cons

Because of the industry and the products we sell, the knowledge required is vast. We are always learning and are kept on our toes (but those are also pros!). We have some kinks to work out as a company but we are well on our way.

Energized by great products and solid leadership

Current Employee - Sales Effectiveness Professional in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Effectiveness Professional in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Excellent record over the last three years of doing what they'll say they'll do. We've seen a major technology upgrade internally. I'm very appreciative of our leadership team's willingness to invest in the technology we need to perform at a world class level. I'm excited about our ability to capitalize on the market opportunity in HCM technology today. We've got a world-class product, Dayforce HCM, that gives us a competitive edge in the marketplace. Ongoing investment in this technology, along with building the organization to implement and support our customers, gives me great reasons for optimism about the future.

Cons

Still too much bureaucracy that is hindering decision making needed to launch new products and processes. There seem to be too many people involved in decisions, when a key representative of a function should be empowered to make decisions knowing s/he will have the support of their function.

Consider creating a #1EX program - similar to the cross functional efforts to create the #1 Customer Experience, we would benefit from a team focusing on creating the #1 Employee Experience. Not just Fun@Work, but much more.

Great culture, great people, great company

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

I have worked for Ceridian for almost 20 years. The consistent theme has always been great people who are passionate about doing what's right for the customer. With the acquisition of Dayforce, we became an even greater company. We now have the best technology in the marketplace that is really changing the world of work for our clients, and improving the lives of their payroll and HR administrative teams by providing significant process improvements, which leads to more efficiency and a more balanced work-week. Our leadership team has incredible vision and "walks the talk" - they are very open to feedback and more importantly, take action when things need attention. And they are very accessible - to employees and to our clients.

Cons

No cons of working at Ceridian. The only con in general is that the marketplace is not fully aware of our superior capabilities so we sometimes miss out on opportunities. I truly believe those companies that don't consider Ceridian are missing out on meeting their potential when they choose a competitor.

Keep doing what you're doing!!

Ceridian has become an employer of recognition!

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Dynamic shift towards people and talent. Ceridian has expanded, through Dayforce, to provide industry leading solutions and processes. This has also occurred in their HR departments, with a greater emphasis on career pathing, individual training and individual advancement. The new leadership, since the acquisition of Dayforce, has operated more like a tech company, getting faster and younger (while maintaining our history). What this does is provide a culture with an emphasis on employee engagement and interaction

Cons

* Still segmented internally as they adjust through their transition to SaaS model.
    * Customer service was a concern, and some effects still linger. They have, however, worked hard to resolve and improve on past missteps.

Continue with your people focus; engaged employees are less likely to leave.

Great place to work. Amazing amount of innovation happening by industry veterans.

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- innovative product with amazing market perception
    - intelligent and forward thinking management
    - internal growth (they are hiring like crazy all dept's)
    - yoy growth is very strong

Cons

- fun/social things are done on a tight budget.
    - it operates in a boring vertical which you can tell. You are working for a payroll software company.
    - constantly changing management, does not affect your job unless you are the type to let it.
    - can be long hours

Great place to work

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Great opportunity for growth. The company offers great programs to reach both your personal and professional goals.

Cons

HR processes internally could be improved. It's been recognized and improvements are in the pipeline.

Continue to invest in human capital!

Exciting Products, Great People

Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

The leadership team has a clear vision for Ceridian and is making good progress every year towards accomplishing it. Very employee and customer focused. Great teamwork across disciplines and the immediate team I work with is very good.

Cons

Typical concerns for all successful companies - there are times when long hours are required. Communication across time zomes, borders and products can be challenging

Best Executive Team....creates GREAT atmosphere!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

CEO doesn't just lead; he is in the trenches and involved in all aspects of the business. I do not know any companies this size where any employee can pick up the phone and call the CEO or any executive for help. The people here are amazing and everyone does their best to work together and serve our customers. There are excellent tools and resources available to do your job and help you in your personal life.

Cons

Typical growing pains with an organization that has achieved phenomenal rapid growth. No place is perfect, no solution is without some faults, but Ceridian works the hardest at being the best they can be for their employees and customers

Love the new value wheel and look forward to sharing it with clients. Love, love, love all the support you give to your employees.

a company going through an exciting transformation

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

a proud legacy, particularly in canada. the new hcm product is revolutionary, turning ceridian into a growth company

Cons

product technology of legacy product has traditionally been a weakness, addressed by the new hcm product.

need to focus on integration of legacy and cloud businesses

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Vice President, Technology
    Current Employee - Vice President, Technology

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ceridian is growing, transforming and constantly reinventing themselves. I have been a technology leader within the organization for the last three years. I can honestly say that I have seen the organization get better with every passing year. There has been true commitment from the leadership team to values - integrity, ethics, employee engagement. The people are committed to the company and are recognized for their contributions. I love my team and the high performers I get to work with everyday. And equally as important, I love the personal growth and challenge I get every day in my roles at Ceridian. Very excited about the future ahead of us as a company.

Cons

To love Ceridian, you need to be a little bit of an inventor, a change agent and a team builder. A highly transformative, fast-paced company is not for everyone. I believe it attracts high performers who want to make a difference.