Ceridian
www.ceridian.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Ceridian Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

David Ossip

Pros:
  • "Great people to work with and the work life balance is good"
    in 25 reviews
  • "great people, building better systems and very customer-focused"
    in 16 reviews
Cons:
  • "Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Unorganized, senior management has been there a long time but does not have global experience"
    in 16 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Lacks Employee Engagement Focus

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFinally finding itself and setting a good direction. Focused on HCM.

ConsAlthough it finally found a focus, there is still disconnect at the executive level. Challenges between organizations as leaders haven't focused on one direction/goal. Not employee focused in the least. Employee Engagement scores are terribly low, primarily to due poor senior leadership - lack trust, empowerment, and accountability.

I would work for them again.

Payroll Specialist II (Former Employee)
Morrisville, NC

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWhen I started, they had a great training model, tools and technology. They also offer very good pay and benefits. The company sponsored many fun team building activities and appreciation lunches and gifts. They also had quarterly meeting with all offices so that we can interface with each other and stay connected.

ConsFrequent management changes and with each new manager there was constant new office and company rules that were going to "save the company money". Processing a payroll became so complicated because you had folks everywhere holding a piece of your payroll, I also found it hard to get promoted in the company. They prefer to higher outside instead of promoting within.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because someone list on their resume that they worked for a competitor does not mean they are better than your current staff. Reward the people that are in the trenches working hard for you.

Senior QA Engineer

Senior QA Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWork Flexibility, excellent product and development team, technology team work life balance is good. smart individual contributors on the front line

ConsAdvancement opportunity is extremely lacking, wrong people in manager positions, clueless senior leadership when it comes to putting the right folks in key positions. Poor understanding of customer wants and needs, decision makers often acted as if they knew more about what the customer wanted then the customer themselves

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your front line employees more, hire manages based on ability to do job, not simply because they have been there awhile and snr management needs to find something to do with the person

Started out awesome, but ended burnt out

Data Exchange Specialist II (Former Employee)
South Jordan, UT

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTechnical environment with excellent team members across various departments/organizations to ensure a quality product for its customers.

ConsLack of management engagement (i.e. management not listening to its employees). In the latter years it turned out to be a downward spiral.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen I first started working at Ceridian, it was an awesome place. But the last couple of years that I was there, it went downhill. If the issues were fixed, I would still be there. Overall, it was a good experience, but it lacked a good work/life balance.

Good experience with learning HR best practices.

Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat on the job experience.

ConsIn-fighting amongst senior leaders was not productive.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up a more productive leadership team

Confusing and unorganized.

Major Account Representative (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than a year

ProsSmart subject matter experts who were unfortunately isolated in their respective "silos".

ConsSenior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet acquired by a company with deeper pockets and more money.

Overall great company

Accountant II (Current Employee)
Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than a year

ProsCareer Development has become an item of concern and the company has now opened doors for advancement. Added perks such as discounted event tickets

ConsSalary is slightly below market value. The salary could be better. Limited number of management roles available for individuals looking to advance their career, but getting better.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire from within. Great candidates are not just external

Not the best place to work, there is a lot of unhappy people there. They are just working for a paycheck.

I have been working at Ceridian full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThey have good medical benefits. It used to be a fun place to work at, but now it is not due to the moral upper management has created.

ConsVery political company, it is who you know not what you know that gets you a advancement Poor morals, which is a toxic environment.

Poor Training and High expectations

Data Analyst (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent Benefits, good location, adequate parking, flexible scheduling.

ConsExpected to work too many hours during the Holiday season. Training was poorly presented and one-on-one training was non existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more closely to your lower level employees

The company is pulled in too many directions led by senior executives who put themselves before the rank and file.

Vice President (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ceridian full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDay to day people who got the work done are the backbone of the company. They work hard and are the reason the service levels are achieved consistently.

ConsLack of transparency and long term investments in a brand. It's a culture by default driven by private equity based metrics that reward the owners first and others last. No real long term compensation (stock) to reward the commitments employees make to the company over the long haul.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more input from us based employees and hire US based executives (not in Canada).

Worked for Ceridian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ceridian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ceridian CEO David Ossip. All 300 reviews posted anonymously by Ceridian employees.