Ceridian Reviews

Updated October 21, 2014
3.1

Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • The work-life balance and employee/manager relationships at Ceridian are great (in 37 reviews)

• Working with great people encourages me to exceed in my role (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Top HCM company making huge strides!

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for; employees are treated fair, great time-off program and fun events at each location. Senior leadership is easy to talk too and listens to what the employees have to say. Developing great products and staying on top of newest technology within the industry.

Cons

Work/life balance can be an issue in some areas; offer virtual where it makes sense and this can then be a positive very quickly.

We say we are one company so let's put the Ceridian vs Dayforce differences behind and all be called Ceridian!

Excellent

Former Employee - Client Service Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Client Service Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about working with Ceridian was the challenge of learning something new everyday.

Cons

Challenges of working with Ceridian was keeping up with daily changes.

Training needs to be a little more engaging.

Ceridian in rapid growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ceridian has a super fast work environment. Standards are very high. Great support from team members, lots of teamwork. Lots to learn and do if you are self-starter. Has Fun@Work program and funding in each location. Moving quickly to the future.

Cons

In fast-paced environment with high standards, this is not a place for the faint-hearted or those who don't like change.

I've had worse jobs

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

It depends where you work but there are some lovely people at this company

Cons

In the seven years I have been here, I have heard of a grand total of two employees under the level of managers who were given merit raises. The best anyone ever did was a PERCENTAGE of a cost of living increase.

Please pay better attention to who is managing your sites

This company is up for sale!

Former Employee - Shared Services in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Shared Services in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- This was a great company before they went private
    - Flashy software that shows well (but can't implement)
    - They have great Salespeople and lots of great support talent
    - Comdata and SVS should thank their lucky stars that they are no longer owned by Ceridian! Sold last Summer!
    - Company is half the revenue they used to be thanks to the sale of Comdata and SVS

Cons

- Their Dayforce software looks good in demos but has proven to be incredibly difficult to implement
    - As a result they have continued to miss top line forecasts which has led to continuous layoffs to protect the bottom line
    - Their executive team and HR organization are all completely worthless, especially the CEO and CHRO -
    - The CEO is a micromanager and works his people to death
    - The CHRO is incapable of appropriately advocating for the common employee and appears to be a puppet rather than a leader

Sell the company and move on, isn't that what you wanted to do all along anyways?

Very Poor Leadership

Former Employee - Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Only good thing about this company are your co-workers

Cons

Worst Upper Management Team I've ever seen in 20+ years of being a sales professional

Learn how to sale and appreciate your employees suggestions, get rid of the managers that cant sell nor never have.

Challenging and Interesting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility and abiltiy to generate ideas and make them happen. Very grass-roots type culture and fast paced

Cons

Hard for me to answer.....I enjoy the team I work with, I enjoy my client group and my mgr is great

The direction the company is moving in feels super positive and I love seeing the pro-employee changes

FUN and Challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Meritocracy all the way - if you get what the company is doing and meet expectations, you'll thrive.
    - Visionary leadership - CEO is the a business technology leader. Not short of innovative ideas, execution, and moving the company forward.
    - Customer focused - Nice to see investment in Ceridian's XOXO, our Customer Success Program

Cons

- Moving too fast: Innovation is moving the company very fast. Change management from the old Ceridian is key
    - Baggage; There is some baggage from the old way of doing things. Unhappy customers, complacent employees, aversion to change, etc... but I think people are getting it.

Encourage ideas and continue moving in the right direction. There are people within Ceridian who won't fit the paradigm shift to innovation and customer success. Weed them out.

I hand picked Ceridian as the #1 company of my choice to work for! I'm loving it!

Current Employee - Sales Enablement Manager in Petaluma, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Enablement Manager in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (less than an year)

Pros

After being with another software company for many years, I decided I wanted to move to Ceridian after reading and hearing about the great things happening. I've not been disappointed! There is a great team atmosphere. The people are smart, friendly, hard-working and great team players. The management is also great (honest, innovative, and supportive - wanting the best for me as well as for the company). There is open communication, good benefits, great work-life balance, and overall just a great place to work.

Cons

I'm a virtual employee so the only con I can think of is not being able to participate in Fun@Work events.

Continue to push Ceridian to be one of the hottest software companies out there. I love the 'start-up' and innovative atmosphere and am excited to see where this company is moving. I love that you value and invest in your employees and know they are the secret to our success.

Was a great and a fun place to work

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Provided excellent training and the training was on going. The company also sponsored team and moral building events. There were plenty of resources to help you do your job successfully. The teams also worked well together and everyone pitched in to hlep.

Cons

Extremely top heavy with supervisors and managers. The company also sought these managers from the outside instead of promoting within the company. We would get emails about new upper level mangers and would never see them on the floor and they would be gone within a year.