Ceridian Reviews

467 reviews filtered by
4.0
Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • The work-life balance and employee/manager relationships at Ceridian are great (in 39 reviews)

• Working with great people encourages me to exceed in my role (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

I LOVE my job!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ceridian is a well established company that recognizes their employees' hard work like no other company I have ever been a part of. We sell an exceptional product and are run by an even more exceptional team of managers. We have unlimited resources and training at our fingertips, the benefits are top notch and we are a part of a team that truly has FUN at work. I am grateful!

Cons

Because of the industry and the products we sell, the knowledge required is vast. We are always learning and are kept on our toes (but those are also pros!). We have some kinks to work out as a company but we are well on our way.

I absolutely love every aspect of working at Ceridian. The atmosphere is great and the benefits are wonderful.

Current Employee - Customer Service Analyst - Small Business Payroll in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I like the people on my team and I feel as if I am able to do everything that I need to for our clients because the ongoing training is very good and everyone helps each other to make the best customer experience for our clients.

Cons

There isn't really a con to working here. After working in other call centers, I am very happy here.

Keep having open doors and valuing your employees. We are the face to the customer.

3. Ceridian HCM - A Great Technology Company to Work For

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

entrepreneurial, company values, world class products, great leaders, collaborative culture, lots of growth opportunity

Cons

pace of change, dispersed offices around North America

The New Ceridian!

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The transformation over the past 3 years has been nothing short of phenomenal. The company has never been stronger. Great product offering with Dayforce HCM, new leadership, & energized co-workers. A company focused on our customers. I think it's a great & fun place to work!

Cons

Need to spend more on marketing to increase Ceridian's visibility and the market's awareness of the New Ceridian!

Keep on keeping on!

Great company well established, good benefits.

Former Employee - Client Services Supervisor
    Former Employee - Client Services Supervisor

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Relationships and friendships are created. Great benefits. Good pay. Great place to learn new and marketable skills. Keeps one on ones toes. No down time. Its go-go-go from the time you walk in the front door.

Cons

Very bottom line-conscious company sometimes in total disregard of the human factor. But it is what it is. One bad revenue year and you're outta the door.

Have some empathy for the people working for you.

7. Awesome leadership team

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Ceridian

Pros

Great professionals in every department I worked with. Despite the transitions from legacy products, the leadership was professional and uplifting acknowledging they would support us to weather the changes. Fun team environment.

Cons

Exec team turned over every few years but that seems to have stabilized to a cohesive group.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time

Pros

Easy going atmosphere. Management is willing to listen and be involved in your work and help you succeed. Executives interact with employees on a regular basis and make us feel welcome and like we add value to the bottom line. Compared to other corporations I've been with, this is hands down THE BEST.

Cons

Sometimes, being a smaller company, limits opportunities for career growth. There are always chances to move to other organizations, but moving up within your own group is often difficult. There is very little movement in the Finance teams. This is obviously a good thing, too because people like it here!

Being a company that tries to be an industry leader in Human Capital Management, you would think that their own employees get to take advantage of all of the benefits that we provide our customers. If I am working for a business that sells a product, I would like to be able to understand and use all of our products.

Always in Transition

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Really great people to work with. I've made some genuine friends which helps when the company is going through its many transitions. The transitions are sometime good and other times very stressful. The company believes in working hard but playing hard also but you are responsible for your own work-life balance. They are tools available to do that, specifically LifeWorks which is an excellent resource available to employees, their families and any one significant to the employee. I have needed to use it several times for family issues. I believe leadership really cares about employees but don't always make decisions that are in the best interest of employees. Flexible work arrangements are very attractive and help with dealing with the stress of the position.

Cons

1. No consistency in pay or job descriptions (company working an initiative to address this issue)
    2. Too many surprises with the pay plans - One year changes were made that directly affected upcoming paychecks and employees were not fore warned so they could budget.
    3. More value should be placed on customer service. It seems you are valued more if you're brining money into the organization. Yes, it's important to make money for the company but those behind the scenes that do a lot of the grunt work should be valued too and made to feel important & appreciated.

Be honest with employees and keep the lines of communication open. Most of the employees can read between the lines based on what they see going on in the company. The preference is that we just be told what is going on and not read between the lines. I would rather be told the truth than have me spin my wheels for naught and waist my time and energy. It would be nice to have a long-term roadmap so it doesn't feel that we are always in transition.

10. Over my 18 years with Ceridian, management and direction always seemed disoriented and reactive. Very little stability.

Former Employee - IT Support in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - IT Support in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Ceridian

Pros

In later years, they made an effort to add fun to work and installed a lounge. Nice work environment. Good flexibility. Nice people.

Cons

Worked with some talented people, but never felt that management cared much for employees. High turnover means most managers "manage up" and fear of job loss drives their decisions. Senior management and headquarters moved to Dayforce in Canada and new CEO seems unqualified to run a company of this size. Cost cutting still a high priority.

Stabilize. Pick a product, stick with it, and properly fund it.

Ceridian Review

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Exceptional product in HCM offering as it moves the platform to a single-record, high technology solution. Dayforce has brought a fresh view to one of the largest providers in the space.

Cons

There is more work than bodies to implement it which is a great problem to have. In addition, the product is growing at such a brisk pace, that as much training as possible may be beneficial.

Hire! Hire! Hire! To offset any impact to work/life balance, comp (and perks) should follow as well as expanded roles and responsibilities.