www.ceridian.com

Updated January 27, 2015
3.6

Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • The work-life balance and employee/manager relationships at Ceridian are great (in 39 reviews)

• Working with great people encourages me to exceed in my role (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Great peers, amazing product and strategic plan.

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Port Orange, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working with people who get it is one thing but then work with people who get it done is another. I find my colleagues eager to meet commitments to teammates and cross functionally. We have fun at work - most days - yet take meeting customer expectations very seriously. Customers become friends and friends become advocates. It is in our DNA and our growth validates the investments.

Cons

We are a distributed organization with multiple locations across the US, Canada and abroad with a large virtual workforce as well. It sometimes becomes challenging to understand some of the dynamics although most are helpful in fostering open and transparent dialogue. Benefits and compensation are on par with the market.

Stay the course, make necessary investments in people and support the teams with the best technology available.

Ceridian is a great place to work! We have flexible hours, wonderful people, and a Fitness Center.

Current Employee - Marketing in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Marketing in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

I enjoy working at Ceridian because of the flexible hours, great co-workers and an excellent Fitness Center.

Cons

The only part of working at Ceridian that I do not enjoy is the 45 minute commute - especially in the winters!

Management is great at working around your home schedule. Ceridian is a promoter of work-life balance.

SMB Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great health benefits, time off, culture and products. Have started to invest in career path creation for young employees but are still years behind the competition.

Cons

Salary and commission plans aren't good at Ceridian unless you're a large market or Account Management. Company seems to invest in those individuals. Customer service is really terrible. Ceridian Products are good, but are way overpriced.

The SMB-Mid Market's contain the largest opportunity to sell deals in the US then any other space. Invest ($) into these representatives salary/commissions or they will gladly leave to a competitor to sell an inferior product and make way more money.

Great Vibe and Culture, Happy Employees at Ceridian, St. Pete, FL

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Ceridian full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good salary for contractors, happy employees, strangers actually speak to each other in break room (WOW!), good salary for contractors, free food and activities almost all the time, great management, good team leads, not boring at all, a very changing environment, ongoing education is constant. Great call center in that your customers are almost 100% always professional HR/Payroll staff. So you're not speaking with folks off the street (a dread of any call center). Center closes at 8PM EST. Not a 24/7 call center.

Cons

The training could use improvement (but there is only so much one can learn in class). Much is learned on the floor when put on the phones.

My experience as contractor working at Ceridian St. Pete FL was wonderful.

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Great team, fun work environment, strong leadership, excellent product.

Cons

Slight amount of confusion communicating between the various branches.

N/A

An Awesome Opportunity and Privilege!

Current Employee - Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growth, new thinking and processes have made Ceridian even better over these past 4 years especially. There are a lot of people that do not realize how challenging change management is when an organization is being improved. Many changes are happening to the organization at the same time that may look chaotic, however there is a greater good involved. With the breath of fresh air in David O. there is a transition in this company that is moving fast and positively for Ceridian's future. Many other organizations go thru many pit falls during this process and Ceridian has done very well in the changes. Employees care in this company. Leaders care in this company. This is a breakout company with great technology to share in the market. If you need a challenge in a growth oriented technology driven company...check out Ceridian.

Cons

Internal Training can be expanded...

Continue to improve communications with employees. Provide more opportunity for employees to obtain company shares. Give employee incentives, awards, bonuses with company shares. Ensure the 3 to 5 year plan is solid and is in the best interest of shareholders and not specific contributors. Continue to improve change management during the improvements that Ceridian will be going thru. Put money in commercials. Commercials, Commercials, tv, radio, print...do something in this area that is more outgoing! Analyze employee pay using an independent consultant. Continue working on improving the career opportunities by having a clearly defined progression thru a persons career. Continue being accessible and not think that you are the greatest thing on earth..we always appreciate that so much...please do not lose that demeanor. Consider creating a "Ceridian's Business Quotient" (CBE)...this will provide statistics to business networks (tv,radio,print) on a quarterly basis provide ratings based on stats for employee hiring, employee releases, company expansion rating, growth sectors, contracting sectors, etc...something that will allow our name to get out to the business networks that will build confidence in our brand.

What Great Looks Like!

Current Employee - Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ceridian is an experienced provider of Human Capital Management, Tax, and Employee Assistance Services. The people who work at Ceridian are just awesome!

Cons

Due to the complexity of services offered, it can be a long learning curve. It's understood however that there is a long learning curve.

Keep the WIN Stories coming!

Positive

Current Employee - Marketing in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Company has made big strides in trying to engage employees and be transparent. Have been here for 10 years and must say the last year has been very positive and I see things going in the right direction. I will say that management in different areas is totally different and has a lot to do with day to day job satisfaction. One also has to be in charge of their destiny and not rely on others.

Cons

Depending on area, training can be excellent to very poor. No real career path but they are trying.

Keep trying to work from within organization to fill positions. A lot of people here with great skills that are transferable.

Director

I worked at Ceridian

Pros

Good People in Atlanta Accessible Location

Cons

Bad Exec Management No Strategic Long-term Planning Career Path Non-existent

Replace management

Company has imporved greatly

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity to learn and grow if you are willing to put in the work. Benefits are decent

Cons

The pay is not commensurate with similar jobs in the area.