Ceridian Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
465 reviews filtered by

1. Project Coordinator (Consultant)

Former Employee - Consulting Project Coordinator in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Consulting Project Coordinator in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Ceridian

Pros

Cared about each person individually, couldn't give you enough help or advice at first. Consulting hourly pay was decent at 28.00 an hour.

Cons

After a short period of time management seemed to leave you hanging with a figure it out for yourself attitude and it made me very uncomfortable. Not long after that started the silent back stabbing started.

If you are going to offer help or guidance continue to do so to all employees whether permanent or consultants. The about face attitude given to someone who is still new is unnerving and uncalled for we already know you are the manager who calls the shots. If management is unhappy about something in their job stop taking it out on other people and maybe find another company to work for.

Higher ups overworking the below.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at Ceridian full-time

Pros

Was a good company where metrics did not dictate your value to the company, where good people stayed because they truly valued what we represented.

Cons

Work-life balance non existent. As changes continue to come, higher ups see everyone as metrics. Among the team communication isn't there, this makes it hard to work on multiple clients if Project Managers aren't communicating. Metrics now dictate when you can take your vacation, if you can, how much time you can spend working on one client, your bonus. Everything. Good people are leaving because of how the company is going now.

While the company plans to more into a different direction you're starting to forget the little people who do the dirty work for you guys. We are being overworked, thrown to the wolves right off the back, and then expected to mirco-manage timesheets, expense reports, etc.

I like working here

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

I love what I do. New leadership has changed dynamic of the team and has made it a fun place to work. Employees who started in 08 or prior get 4 weeks pdo

Cons

As a new employee years ago, there wasn't much for training. Health coverage has changed but no less than any other place.

5. Frustrating - lots of promises for advancement and training but nothing in 11 years

I worked at Ceridian

Pros

Flexible if personal time needed

Cons

Compensation below industry, no defined career path

Be more concerned with keeping talent and promoting from within that outsourcing

6. Research required, if not DayForce side

Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Ceridian

Pros

DayForce hot product, dont work on legacy side. Day Force a lot of work too.

Cons

Legacy division transitioning to Day Force

Keep loyal employees get rid of old baggage.

7. Great people, but the outsource to FIS created a huge gap

I worked at Ceridian

Pros

The people factor is awesome!

Cons

Leadership - very top heavy. No room for growth. Little internal investment in new technologies. Almost non-existent work/life balance.

Ensure your people have a work/life balance - helps people stay motivated. An exception should not be the rule now.

Great place to work. Amazing amount of innovation happening by industry veterans.

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- innovative product with amazing market perception
    - intelligent and forward thinking management
    - internal growth (they are hiring like crazy all dept's)
    - yoy growth is very strong

Cons

- fun/social things are done on a tight budget.
    - it operates in a boring vertical which you can tell. You are working for a payroll software company.
    - constantly changing management, does not affect your job unless you are the type to let it.
    - can be long hours

Energized by great products and solid leadership

Current Employee - Sales Effectiveness Professional in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Effectiveness Professional in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Excellent record over the last three years of doing what they'll say they'll do. We've seen a major technology upgrade internally. I'm very appreciative of our leadership team's willingness to invest in the technology we need to perform at a world class level. I'm excited about our ability to capitalize on the market opportunity in HCM technology today. We've got a world-class product, Dayforce HCM, that gives us a competitive edge in the marketplace. Ongoing investment in this technology, along with building the organization to implement and support our customers, gives me great reasons for optimism about the future.

Cons

Still too much bureaucracy that is hindering decision making needed to launch new products and processes. There seem to be too many people involved in decisions, when a key representative of a function should be empowered to make decisions knowing s/he will have the support of their function.

Consider creating a #1EX program - similar to the cross functional efforts to create the #1 Customer Experience, we would benefit from a team focusing on creating the #1 Employee Experience. Not just Fun@Work, but much more.

Great place to work

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Great opportunity for growth. The company offers great programs to reach both your personal and professional goals.

Cons

HR processes internally could be improved. It's been recognized and improvements are in the pipeline.

Continue to invest in human capital!

Great culture, great people, great company

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

I have worked for Ceridian for almost 20 years. The consistent theme has always been great people who are passionate about doing what's right for the customer. With the acquisition of Dayforce, we became an even greater company. We now have the best technology in the marketplace that is really changing the world of work for our clients, and improving the lives of their payroll and HR administrative teams by providing significant process improvements, which leads to more efficiency and a more balanced work-week. Our leadership team has incredible vision and "walks the talk" - they are very open to feedback and more importantly, take action when things need attention. And they are very accessible - to employees and to our clients.

Cons

No cons of working at Ceridian. The only con in general is that the marketplace is not fully aware of our superior capabilities so we sometimes miss out on opportunities. I truly believe those companies that don't consider Ceridian are missing out on meeting their potential when they choose a competitor.

Keep doing what you're doing!!