Ceridian Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Exciting time of growth and industry leader

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Growing Company. Industry Leader. Client-focused. Ceridian employees are passionate about what they do and you can feel it in the workplace. Actively working towards providing tools/training that compliment the technological advancement of our product. Bringing onboard more technical resources that have a natural curiosity about how things work.

Cons

Employee-focus is just now starting to appear more important. Lot of talent lost while trying to grow. Need more resources to continue at this pace. Career-pathing isn't obvious; one must dig and continuously ask for opportunities to be involved in work activities outside of current role. Lack of resources probably contributes to this. Still working to make onboarding a scalable model for a growing company.

Advice to Management

Be engaged in the development of your employees. Encourage employees through words and actions to continue to find what drives them to be great at Ceridian. Understand changes to products and have discussions on the impact this may have on how your employees do their job.

Relationship Manager

Former Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with amazing people. Great professional growth opportunities. Competitive compensation and benefits

Cons

High turnover of Sr. Management resulting in unclear business road map and vision. System are not integrated, although sold as a seamless solution. Training is not a high priority. Solutions are launched prior to fully testing system reliability and integrity.

Advice to Management

Look at the business history and how changes have effected your client base before jumping into yet another change. Develop a more comprehensive approach to client communication.

Product Manager

Former Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ceridian

Pros

There are many good people, the current product set is impressive and bodes well for the company, Ceridian has become very adept at PR and industry presence

Cons

Tremendous amount of organizational churn, as well as infrastructure changes as the company tries to North Americanize itself (combining US and Canadian organizations). Has created a very impersonal culture.

Advice to Management

Stop clinging to old-school means of managing your talent. Find meaningful ways to connect with employees that will resonate with them.

Ceridian

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

1. Good balance of work to life 2. Opportunity to develop business improvement suggestions 3. Professional development opportunity 4. Education reimbursement 5. Virtual/work from home capability

Cons

1. Company business objectives including direction of the brand Lifeworks are not communicated down to employees. Perhaps it is at a Management level. 2. “Tree” structure of executive to management of departments not existent. Results are several: employees do not know who to reachout to if it’s outside of their department; who to include; who decision makers are. 3. Outsourced helpdesk support for laptop, phone etc to Mexico. Service is poor at best. Although English is spoken the heavy accent it difficult for the issue to be understood. Similar communication issue when sourcing I.T. to Ceridian location in Mauritius.

Advice to Management

1. Address the 3 cons listed. 2. Regarding Lifeworks brand: improve the customer/user experience. Make the experience r Lifeworks value added; enhance the user experience of accessing content and differentiate the content on Lifeworks from what someone can get from Google.

Great Culture - Great Leaders - Great Business

Current Employee - Vice President, Technology in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President, Technology in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Move over Google, Ceridian is the best place to work now!

Cons

Sometimes they put a little too much gravy on the potatoes in the cafeteria.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. Enjoyed my time as IA Director

I worked at Ceridian

Pros

Good staff, growing company. There is a focus on work but it primarily involved year end audit and Compliance testing for SoC 1,2.

Cons

Limited partnership with the business leaders to keep up with risks of the business and limited budget to do so.

Advice to Management

Examine the reporting relationship and value the insight IA can bring to the business. Use the role as a feeder like it used to be before new management.

Always Changing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have seen the good, the bad, the good and now the ok. Work/life balance is good in my department. Great time off policy and wonderful people. I only stay because of the people and time off.

Cons

Things are always changing. They get rid of the good people and keep the crappy ones around. There is little or no recognition...only if you are in the "in" crowd. Management knows nothing and takes no responsibility when something does not go correct or meet budget numbers. They moved headquarters to Canada and they know nothing of US policies. They dislike all US guidelines. Very political and management needs training on communication.

Advice to Management

Communications....everyone should know what is going on in the company not just the "in crowd" leadership team.

9. Consultant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I worked at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Team approach, fast paced and interesting, opportunities for promotion. Great co-workers!

Cons

Loved it until senior leadership changed and company became more about profit over excellent quality of service. Emphasis on company values also declined.

Advice to Management

Don't sacrifice an excellent product for slightly higher numbers.

10. Don't hate it, don't love it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In theory what we are doing is exciting, revolutionary and customer focused.

Cons

Mid-management has no autonomy, no decision making power. We are all treated as "kids", being "parented" by our CEO.

Advice to Management

You have experienced, smart managers! Give us the authority to make decisions! Listen to what we have to offer! Stop ruling with an iron fist.

11. Average working culture

Former Employee - Product Manager in Fountain Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at Ceridian (More than a year)

Pros

Some smart and geniune folks in the senior managment adds positively to the working culture of the organization.

Cons

Strategically it is removed from the headquarters in MN High ratio of contractual development resources reduces the portential to do sometimes stragtegically correct initiatives that are good for the company in the long run

RSS Feed </> Embed