Ceridian Reviews

Updated October 19, 2014
Updated October 19, 2014

Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • The work-life balance and employee/manager relationships at Ceridian are great (in 37 reviews)

• Working with great people encourages me to exceed in my role (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

I would work for them again.

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist II in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist II in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I started, they had a great training model, tools and technology. They also offer very good pay and benefits. The company sponsored many fun team building activities and appreciation lunches and gifts. They also had quarterly meeting with all offices so that we can interface with each other and stay connected.

Cons

Frequent management changes and with each new manager there was constant new office and company rules that were going to "save the company money". Processing a payroll became so complicated because you had folks everywhere holding a piece of your payroll, I also found it hard to get promoted in the company. They prefer to higher outside instead of promoting within.

Just because someone list on their resume that they worked for a competitor does not mean they are better than your current staff. Reward the people that are in the trenches working hard for you.

Miss-managed by executives who should have been replaced after they failed to implement their ERP system.

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company had great benefits with above average compensation.

Cons

Company is miss managed and does not have clear direction on how correct and address growth. Culture needs to improve in certain areas to be consistent across the company.

Work life balance needs to be addressed or work force will leave. They addressed this issue at corporate with a game room which is used infrequently. Working conditions need to improve at all levels.

Lacks Employee Engagement Focus

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Finally finding itself and setting a good direction. Focused on HCM.

Cons

Although it finally found a focus, there is still disconnect at the executive level. Challenges between organizations as leaders haven't focused on one direction/goal. Not employee focused in the least. Employee Engagement scores are terribly low, primarily to due poor senior leadership - lack trust, empowerment, and accountability.

Overall great company

Current Employee - Accountant II in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Accountant II in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Career Development has become an item of concern and the company has now opened doors for advancement. Added perks such as discounted event tickets

Cons

Salary is slightly below market value. The salary could be better. Limited number of management roles available for individuals looking to advance their career, but getting better.

Hire from within. Great candidates are not just external

Not the best place to work, there is a lot of unhappy people there. They are just working for a paycheck.

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They have good medical benefits. It used to be a fun place to work at, but now it is not due to the moral upper management has created.

Cons

Very political company, it is who you know not what you know that gets you a advancement Poor morals, which is a toxic environment.

Senior QA Engineer

Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work Flexibility, excellent product and development team, technology team work life balance is good. smart individual contributors on the front line

Cons

Advancement opportunity is extremely lacking, wrong people in manager positions, clueless senior leadership when it comes to putting the right folks in key positions. Poor understanding of customer wants and needs, decision makers often acted as if they knew more about what the customer wanted then the customer themselves

listen to your front line employees more, hire manages based on ability to do job, not simply because they have been there awhile and snr management needs to find something to do with the person

Started out awesome, but ended burnt out

Former Employee - Data Exchange Specialist II in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Data Exchange Specialist II in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Technical environment with excellent team members across various departments/organizations to ensure a quality product for its customers.

Cons

Lack of management engagement (i.e. management not listening to its employees). In the latter years it turned out to be a downward spiral.

When I first started working at Ceridian, it was an awesome place. But the last couple of years that I was there, it went downhill. If the issues were fixed, I would still be there. Overall, it was a good experience, but it lacked a good work/life balance.

Good experience with learning HR best practices.

Former Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great on the job experience.

Cons

In-fighting amongst senior leaders was not productive.

Set up a more productive leadership team

Poor Training and High expectations

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent Benefits, good location, adequate parking, flexible scheduling.

Cons

Expected to work too many hours during the Holiday season. Training was poorly presented and one-on-one training was non existent.

Listen more closely to your lower level employees

The company is pulled in too many directions led by senior executives who put themselves before the rank and file.

Former Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Day to day people who got the work done are the backbone of the company. They work hard and are the reason the service levels are achieved consistently.

Cons

Lack of transparency and long term investments in a brand. It's a culture by default driven by private equity based metrics that reward the owners first and others last. No real long term compensation (stock) to reward the commitments employees make to the company over the long haul.

Get more input from us based employees and hire US based executives (not in Canada).