Ceridian

www.ceridian.com

Ceridian Reviews in Rosemont, IL

Ceridian CEO David Ossip

David Ossip

Pros
  • My management team is very understanding that life happens and encourages a good work/life balance(in 30 reviews)

• Great people to work with and the work life balance is good(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance(in 17 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years(in 18 reviews)

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company

Project Manager/BA (Current Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsCompensation, ability to be a virtual employee depending on your department (manager)

ConsConfusion about who's really in charge at the top since the merge with Dayforce

Worst Job I've Ever had in my Career

Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsThe Pay was above average and they hire smart and very talented people.

Constravel is extensive and wasn't explained truthfully when I took the job, poor management and some act as if they didn't care about you at all. lack of communication (no people skills) lack of work life balance and now it's a ghost town because all the talented hires have left the company. The work load shift is brutal. We force clients into complex products and then do not train people or give them mentorship so that they can support the complex clients and solutions. It's a disaster of a job. I spent more time crying about the workload and failed testing than I did learning and enjoying the position. I swore off payroll jobs forever.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to appreciate your staff and set realistic expectations for the work load to clients and be fair to employees. There is life beyond Ceridian.

Ecstatic To Leave

Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsThe last few waves of new hires are/were anxious to learn and make sense of processes that didn't always "make sense".

ConsMost of the new hires as mentioned above are GONE! (I suppose that's "Pro"...they were smart enough to leave an unstable company).

"Training" hardly exists and what mediocre "training" you do receive is often thrown out the door because the impractical processes are constantly changing (constantly changing because they made absolutely no sense from the start).

Advice to Senior ManagementBe truthful to your employees about the status of the company. Stop lying to your clients telling them deadlines can be met when they cannot; or telling them that a product offers functionality that it does not. For Senior VP's/ Practice Leader at Ceridian Dayforce(Area VP's excluded): speak to your staff with some respect!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not recommend

Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsNot too many pros. EEs have been able to work virtual from time to time, but that has never been a consistent policy.

ConsCompany is currently privately held by a hedge-fund investment group. Ownership has slashed every where. Jobs that can be, are outsourced off shore, or to undesirable US locations, w/ no relo.
    Lay offs multiple times a year for the last 5 years. Company has been cut back almost to the point of unsustainability.

Look for the ownership to 'dump' Ceridian in Nov 2012, possibly as an IPO and bundled with DayForce. Don't be fooled. They are developing their next generation PR/HR solution around a mediocre time solution (Shouldn't it be the other way around?) This promises to fall short of the functionality they are abandoning. It will be too little, too late, and will not be able to compete with the new ADP product suite.

5 years is the mark where federal law allows the corporation to be sold off in parts. This occurs in Nov 2012.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO Stuart Harvey, is a great leader, and a welcome relief to prior leadership. He was brought in for a purpose, though. He is to trim the company to the bone, make it look good on paper, and sell off the parts that the hedge fund ownership doest not want to keep (all but Comdata/SVS). Do not look for any of the current management to be in place 6 months from now. They will be taking their $$ and running.

Implementation Consultant

Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsIf you are ambitious and self starter and know all the answers this is the company for you.

ConsTo many drastic changes, and not enough training.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining and consistency is the key.

LOTS OF CHANGES NEEDED QUICKLY

Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsCo workers are very open and willing to help and I would not get through each day without having my co workers in my corner. Ceridian always hires exceptional employees and them loose them due to lack of management.

ConsExtremely frustrating environment to work. Traning is horrible. Its not a true reflection of the job that needs to be performed. No outlined process to follow.

Senior mgmt does not care about how their employees feel and the job being perfomed. They are just interested in putting more and more work on a person until they they jump off the bus and quit.

Ceridian has had very smart, good, and dedicated workers but loose them because they are bombarding them with an abundance of work.

The over achievers are slammed and over worked. Employees are working all kinds of ridiculous hours, on the weekends, days off. Cant take off any time.

It is ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet an outlined process for employees to follow; especially new employees in this role.

Listen to your employees. Stop flooding your employees with work.

Employee need a work life balance and it is not provided in this role.

Worked for Ceridian? Contribute to the Community!