Ceridian Reviews

David Ossip

1. Good company

Current Employee - Project Manager/BA in Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager/BA in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation, ability to be a virtual employee depending on your department (manager)

Cons

Confusion about who's really in charge at the top since the merge with Dayforce

Worst Job I've Ever had in my Career

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Pay was above average and they hire smart and very talented people.

Cons

travel is extensive and wasn't explained truthfully when I took the job, poor management and some act as if they didn't care about you at all. lack of communication (no people skills) lack of work life balance and now it's a ghost town because all the talented hires have left the company. The work load shift is brutal. We force clients into complex products and then do not train people or give them mentorship so that they can support the complex clients and solutions. It's a disaster of a job. I spent more time crying about the workload and failed testing than I did learning and enjoying the position. I swore off payroll jobs forever.

Advice to Management

You need to appreciate your staff and set realistic expectations for the work load to clients and be fair to employees. There is life beyond Ceridian.

Ecstatic To Leave

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The last few waves of new hires are/were anxious to learn and make sense of processes that didn't always "make sense".

Cons

Most of the new hires as mentioned above are GONE! (I suppose that's "Pro"...they were smart enough to leave an unstable company).

"Training" hardly exists and what mediocre "training" you do receive is often thrown out the door because the impractical processes are constantly changing (constantly changing because they made absolutely no sense from the start).

Advice to Management

Be truthful to your employees about the status of the company. Stop lying to your clients telling them deadlines can be met when they cannot; or telling them that a product offers functionality that it does not. For Senior VP's/ Practice Leader at Ceridian Dayforce(Area VP's excluded): speak to your staff with some respect!

Do not recommend

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Ceridian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not too many pros. EEs have been able to work virtual from time to time, but that has never been a consistent policy.

Cons

Company is currently privately held by a hedge-fund investment group. Ownership has slashed every where. Jobs that can be, are outsourced off shore, or to undesirable US locations, w/ no relo.
    Lay offs multiple times a year for the last 5 years. Company has been cut back almost to the point of unsustainability.

Look for the ownership to 'dump' Ceridian in Nov 2012, possibly as an IPO and bundled with DayForce. Don't be fooled. They are developing their next generation PR/HR solution around a mediocre time solution (Shouldn't it be the other way around?) This promises to fall short of the functionality they are abandoning. It will be too little, too late, and will not be able to compete with the new ADP product suite.

5 years is the mark where federal law allows the corporation to be sold off in parts. This occurs in Nov 2012.

Advice to Management

CEO Stuart Harvey, is a great leader, and a welcome relief to prior leadership. He was brought in for a purpose, though. He is to trim the company to the bone, make it look good on paper, and sell off the parts that the hedge fund ownership doest not want to keep (all but Comdata/SVS). Do not look for any of the current management to be in place 6 months from now. They will be taking their $$ and running.

Implementation Consultant

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time

Pros

If you are ambitious and self starter and know all the answers this is the company for you.

Cons

To many drastic changes, and not enough training.

Advice to Management

Training and consistency is the key.

LOTS OF CHANGES NEEDED QUICKLY

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Co workers are very open and willing to help and I would not get through each day without having my co workers in my corner. Ceridian always hires exceptional employees and them loose them due to lack of management.

Cons

Extremely frustrating environment to work. Traning is horrible. Its not a true reflection of the job that needs to be performed. No outlined process to follow.

Senior mgmt does not care about how their employees feel and the job being perfomed. They are just interested in putting more and more work on a person until they they jump off the bus and quit.

Ceridian has had very smart, good, and dedicated workers but loose them because they are bombarding them with an abundance of work.

The over achievers are slammed and over worked. Employees are working all kinds of ridiculous hours, on the weekends, days off. Cant take off any time.

It is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Get an outlined process for employees to follow; especially new employees in this role.

Listen to your employees. Stop flooding your employees with work.

Employee need a work life balance and it is not provided in this role.