www.ceridian.com

Updated January 29, 2015
3.7

Ceridian CEO David Ossip
David Ossip

Pros
  • The work-life balance and employee/manager relationships at Ceridian are great (in 39 reviews)

• Working with great people encourages me to exceed in my role (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Certainly growing as fast as we have there are some strains on work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Senior Management ( sales ) changed 4 times in my two years (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

56 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Energized by great products and solid leadership

Current Employee - Sales Effectiveness Professional in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Effectiveness Professional in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Excellent record over the last three years of doing what they'll say they'll do. We've seen a major technology upgrade internally. I'm very appreciative of our leadership team's willingness to invest in the technology we need to perform at a world class level. I'm excited about our ability to capitalize on the market opportunity in HCM technology today. We've got a world-class product, Dayforce HCM, that gives us a competitive edge in the marketplace. Ongoing investment in this technology, along with building the organization to implement and support our customers, gives me great reasons for optimism about the future.

Cons

Still too much bureaucracy that is hindering decision making needed to launch new products and processes. There seem to be too many people involved in decisions, when a key representative of a function should be empowered to make decisions knowing s/he will have the support of their function.

Consider creating a #1EX program - similar to the cross functional efforts to create the #1 Customer Experience, we would benefit from a team focusing on creating the #1 Employee Experience. Not just Fun@Work, but much more.

Move over Google - Ceridian set to take over as best employer!!!

Current Employee - Vice President, Product & Technology in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President, Product & Technology in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Can anyone say AWARDS.....Best Technology / Best Employer / Highest Employee Engagement / etc / etc.
    -Great corporate culture with a heavy customer service focus.
    -Complete transparency from the CEO down.
    -New product and technology is leaving competitors in the dust...Ceridian really is the leader in R&D.
    -Future outlook for this firm is very bright.
    -Much more to list (but you will only read a few bullet points).

Cons

-The free pizza sometimes has pineapple on it (yuk).

Sales Manager

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance. Promote within culture. 2 promotions in 30 months. Great benefits. Generous 120 hours of PDO from day one. Strong values that actually matter. Flat management structure - between one of the first line people who report to me and the CEO is three managers.

Cons

Compensation is mid-industry. Not at the top and not at the bottom.

Really exciting place to work

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working at Ceridian for five years. The compensation is good, team is great, and product is market leading. Also the fun@work program really does build amazing company culture.

Cons

Some of the offices haven't adjusted to the new culture.

Reward employees that count

Ceridian has enabled me to grow my knowledge and skills, and provided me the ability to meet my financial goals.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ceridian has the products, the tools and the guidance to become successful in my position.

Cons

Compensation plan could be enriched.

Continue to make progress in providing facilities that are more friendly to disabled employees.

SMB Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great health benefits, time off, culture and products. Have started to invest in career path creation for young employees but are still years behind the competition.

Cons

Salary and commission plans aren't good at Ceridian unless you're a large market or Account Management. Company seems to invest in those individuals. Customer service is really terrible. Ceridian Products are good, but are way overpriced.

The SMB-Mid Market's contain the largest opportunity to sell deals in the US then any other space. Invest ($) into these representatives salary/commissions or they will gladly leave to a competitor to sell an inferior product and make way more money.

Great Vibe and Culture, Happy Employees at Ceridian, St. Pete, FL

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Ceridian full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good salary for contractors, happy employees, strangers actually speak to each other in break room (WOW!), good salary for contractors, free food and activities almost all the time, great management, good team leads, not boring at all, a very changing environment, ongoing education is constant. Great call center in that your customers are almost 100% always professional HR/Payroll staff. So you're not speaking with folks off the street (a dread of any call center). Center closes at 8PM EST. Not a 24/7 call center.

Cons

The training could use improvement (but there is only so much one can learn in class). Much is learned on the floor when put on the phones.

My experience as contractor working at Ceridian St. Pete FL was wonderful.

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Great team, fun work environment, strong leadership, excellent product.

Cons

Slight amount of confusion communicating between the various branches.

N/A

An Awesome Opportunity and Privilege!

Current Employee - Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growth, new thinking and processes have made Ceridian even better over these past 4 years especially. There are a lot of people that do not realize how challenging change management is when an organization is being improved. Many changes are happening to the organization at the same time that may look chaotic, however there is a greater good involved. With the breath of fresh air in David O. there is a transition in this company that is moving fast and positively for Ceridian's future. Many other organizations go thru many pit falls during this process and Ceridian has done very well in the changes. Employees care in this company. Leaders care in this company. This is a breakout company with great technology to share in the market. If you need a challenge in a growth oriented technology driven company...check out Ceridian.

Cons

Internal Training can be expanded...

Continue to improve communications with employees. Provide more opportunity for employees to obtain company shares. Give employee incentives, awards, bonuses with company shares. Ensure the 3 to 5 year plan is solid and is in the best interest of shareholders and not specific contributors. Continue to improve change management during the improvements that Ceridian will be going thru. Put money in commercials. Commercials, Commercials, tv, radio, print...do something in this area that is more outgoing! Analyze employee pay using an independent consultant. Continue working on improving the career opportunities by having a clearly defined progression thru a persons career. Continue being accessible and not think that you are the greatest thing on earth..we always appreciate that so much...please do not lose that demeanor. Consider creating a "Ceridian's Business Quotient" (CBE)...this will provide statistics to business networks (tv,radio,print) on a quarterly basis provide ratings based on stats for employee hiring, employee releases, company expansion rating, growth sectors, contracting sectors, etc...something that will allow our name to get out to the business networks that will build confidence in our brand.

Positive

Current Employee - Marketing in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ceridian

Pros

Company has made big strides in trying to engage employees and be transparent. Have been here for 10 years and must say the last year has been very positive and I see things going in the right direction. I will say that management in different areas is totally different and has a lot to do with day to day job satisfaction. One also has to be in charge of their destiny and not rely on others.

Cons

Depending on area, training can be excellent to very poor. No real career path but they are trying.

Keep trying to work from within organization to fill positions. A lot of people here with great skills that are transferable.