Certified Laboratories

Martin Mitchell

Great Company if You're Smart

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Certified Laboratories full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's a great company to work for. The benefits are good, incentive packages are great and the compassion you get from the management team is like no other. You get birthday cake every month. The owners are very involved in the operation and are very supportive of family situations. This is a great place to work if you're willing to start and end a career here.

Cons

The hours in different departments are staggered. It's a food lab so don't expect 9a-5p type hours. If you've ever worked in a food lab, you know it's not that type of job. A lot of the negative reviews shown on here are false and sound like they're coming from others who couldn't stand the heat. Nothing is perfect but my personal experience has been great. Also, don't expect a million bucks if you work here. On the other hand, it's a good starting place with a lot of room for growth.

Continue to hire skilled people. The more you invest in your team, the more successful and motivated your team will be.

HELL ON EARTH

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Plainview, NY
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Plainview, NY

I have been working at Certified Laboratories

Pros

Co-workers are supportive. The good ones don't stay long - they get smart and leave.

Cons

Building is dirty and SMELLY. If you point it out, they call you a lying troublemaker and shun you. THE SMELL IS UNBEARABLE at times.

Grow up, you act like big babies!

Don't do it! No room to grow within company.

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Buena Park, CA
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Certified Laboratories full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ok place to build experience if you are a recent graduate. Monthly birthday celebration.

Cons

Hostile environment due to management/supervisor. Late hours 1130am- whenever the drivers get back with samples. A lot of time is wasted waiting for drivers. No room to grow within company. Don't expect a raise, you will wait a long time. Hard work is not acknowledged.

Management/ supervisor have no social/ people skills. I've seen many good employees come and go and most say they leave because of poor management. Lab director should ask himself why so many qualified people leave the micro lab so soon, and maybe he could change the environment in the lab.

Awful awful awful (am I allowed to say Hell?)

Former Employee - Administration in Plainview, NY
    Former Employee - Administration in Plainview, NY

I worked at Certified Laboratories full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There were none. And I get updates from Glassdoor and can only say that the positive glowing reviews of the owner and his son are so obviously bogus that it's laughable. It really makes me wonder about any other company reviews but then I say to myself that those two are a special kind of low.

Cons

It was a dirty gross building and work environment; there were very few in any work amenities (water, coffee, clean bathroom). There was no respect from anyone in management positions; they use fear and intimidation to subdue their workers. They lie lie lie to make a case for themselves.

Management should just leave. Hire people who really know how to manage and get the best our of their workers.

safety attendant

I have been working at Certified Laboratories

Pros

You get to travel and meet new people from all over

Cons

You are away from your family for long periods of time

Great Company.

Former Employee - Lab in Plainview, NY
    Former Employee - Lab in Plainview, NY

I worked at Certified Laboratories full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People are friendly. You are treated like a family member rather than an employee. Benefits are good. HR has an open door policy and so do the owners. They definitely want you to have a life besides working hard while you are in the office.

Cons

There are no cons to discuss. They treat workers fairly and encourage you to do better.

Marty and Steven are the best employers I have worked for.

The sky is the limit

I have been working at Certified Laboratories as a contractor

Pros

Certified encourages both personal and professional growth. Since it is a privately owned company, your accomplishments are recognized and rewarded. The company's commitment to excellence can be overwhelming for underachievers so I would advise slackers look elsewhere for employment. It is a refreshing experience to work with such a diverse staff, led by compassionate, intelligent and exceptionally ethical owners. If you are able to think outside the box, you will thrive here.

Cons

I personally have none, and the complaints I have read or heard appear to come from those who were not willing or able to earn their place on this team.

A hearty handshake and a pat on the back are always appreciated, especially coming from you. Increase the frequency of these gestures.

Disappointing

I have been working at Certified Laboratories

Pros

I had hoped for a great experience, but I got nothing. They have parties once a month.

Cons

This is not a comfortable place to work. The building is dirty. There is not enough room to work. There is no sense of team work. The managers are unhappy. It is very difficult to grow here. The raises are small. I don't feel supported.

Nothing.

Strong, People-centric Company

Current Employee - Administrative in Plainview, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative in Plainview, NY

I have been working at Certified Laboratories full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a healthy, growing company with many long-term employees. The company is family-run but professional; it's owners are knowledgeable and have consistently re-invested in the business. Martin Mitchell is a brilliant, energetic Managing Director who is interested in innovation and growth. He is concerned about the employees and committed to having HR develop clearly defined growth opportunities. He is also conscious and accommodating of employees' family responsibilities.

Cons

Many of the long-term employees need to be proactive to update their use of technology.

Keep doing what your doing. The company is in great shape and growing.

A nice place to work!!!!

I have been working at Certified Laboratories full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good experience and opportunities to grow within the company.
    Staff is very pleasant to work with.

Cons

The environment is very hectic and keeps you very busy. You never know when the day has gone by.