Certified Payment Processing

Updated October 12, 2014
Updated October 12, 2014
2.8

Tony Norrie

I really like the job its hard making sales

Current Employee - Merchant Sale Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Merchant Sale Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Certified Payment Processing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like to travel, communicate and free food

Cons

its hard making the sales

Best money I've ever made! Merchant Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Merchant Sales Consultant in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Merchant Sales Consultant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Certified Payment Processing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best part about the job is the pay and the support I receive. My team lead is excellent, he's motivational and really has helped me become successful with his support and tutelage. I was working for $8 an hr at my last job, making about $300 a week. With CPP, just by sticking with it, putting in some work, and following my Team Lead's lead, I make that same $300 in a day, if not more! Last week I made 2789.65 - that's more than I've made in a month at ANY job I've ever worked. I love this company and love the work that I do.

Cons

I did have a bit of a learning curve and it took me a little while (like a week) to figure it out, but by listening to and learning from my Team Leader, and applying what he taught me, I ended up with awesome results financially. It is a little harder when I go on a lead where they don't expect me to be there, but I've learned how to overcome those objections and turn some of those no's into yesses, and yesses = bigger paychecks. I had to get used to the getting paid every other day thing, but I couldn't imagine waiting around for a 2 week check now.

It'd be helpful to have even more leads where they expect us, but other than that, I have no advice to give, and I'm grateful for the opportunity

Great to work for if you want a sales job

Current Employee - Outside Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

They put you in a great position to get true sales experience. The support system is awesome, and if you're willing to listen and really give it a shot, you will have a great career. I love the prompt pay.

Cons

If someone isn't REALLY interested in a sales position you shouldn't work a sales job. Nothing is just handed to you, and if you expect that, then you should work some low paying hourly job. I had to really be open to learning and have thick skin, but it pays off on more ways than one. I expected a sales situation, so the hurdles didn't deter me. But if I was expecting something else, then I would've quit and missed out on something really good. Nothing easy provides great success, my hard work is paying off!

Longer training would be helpful, but other than that, I have no complaints

Merchant Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Merchant Sales Consultant in Mansfield, TX
    Current Employee - Merchant Sales Consultant in Mansfield, TX

Pros

You have the ability to create your own schedule as well as paycheck.

Cons

You have to work hard,some of the appointment cancel or just plain wasn't a set appointment. If you are a good sales person or willing to learn you will make some money.

Training needs to more in depth and a few more managers will help reps like me in the field.

Commission work can be tough.

I have been working at Certified Payment Processing

Pros

There is potential to make pretty good money if you work hard. You also have the benefit of not working in an office setting and working independently. You just call your team leader throughout your appointments.

Cons

There are a lot of cold calls on the job. The pre-set appointments are not always set. I'm a former Auditor and has retail sales experience so this job is not so bad but for others one days of training probably isn't enough over the internet.

Great job for people who can thrive on cold sales

Current Employee - Cold Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Cold Sales in Dallas, TX

Pros

I made a sale the second day on the job I made 1500 on that one sale. No one said sales is easy it's cold sales you make or break your sales the company is amazing

Cons

The only con is all the neg employee reviews the business is no scam over 50,000 current customers helped customers get out of terrible money gouging processors!

None I'm not going to tell cpp to pay to have negative reviews off line like all the other processors tend to do they get a bad name not by customers but by ex employees that think making money is easy so do you want to take advise from a looser or a winner?

HUGE SCAM

Former Employee - Door to Door Sales Boy in Murray, KY
    Former Employee - Door to Door Sales Boy in Murray, KY

I worked at Certified Payment Processing as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

After you get get scammed by CPP you learn a good life lesson

Cons

Everything. The one day of training was terrible. When you never actually see anyone from the company in person that should throw up a red flag. The products they want you to sell are terrible. Its just a ploy to get that company's credit card processing business. Another red flag is when your "team leader" with a real cool name like Trey will tell you not to leave and let the customer look up the company because then they will see all the negative reviews from customers. Also they don't want you to close, they want you to hand the phone off to Trey to close who can't close a sale to save his life and most of the time the customer will hand you your phone back and tell you to get out of his store. They will try to get you all excited about selling a credit card swiper that will go on an iPhone, but any idiot can buy one online. Also people will hate you the second that they figure out your with a credit card company. "Im here to take a survey" please. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME or do

Congratulations on the scam you guys got set up.

RUN, DON'T WALK, AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

I worked at Certified Payment Processing

Pros

There are no pros to working with this company. I would not wish that on my worst enemy. Again, run in the opposite direction!

Cons

Extremely shady! Do your research before getting involved with them. F rating with the BBB with over 330 complaints in the past 36 months...and that is just for this DBA. There are four other DBAs and a parent company to check out as well...TransTech Merchant Group, Summit Merchant Solutions, Ceres National, and ISIS Direct. The parent company is First American Payment Systems.

Again...DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU WASTE YOUR TIME AND TALENT ON THIS COMPANY.

Grow some ethics! They do a company good!

It is what it is...

I worked at Certified Payment Processing

Pros

Nice co-workers... and that was about all to be said, from my point of view.

Cons

Not enough information to realize that this was a sales job; in which I was NOT interested nor have I any qualifications.

too good to be true

I worked at Certified Payment Processing

Pros

you can kinda make your own schedule not the traditional office setting

Cons

one day is not enough to train your employees! especially when the training is online. I was willing to work hard to make sales, but when I am told that ALL of the appointments are set and people are expecting us and they're not (!!!) that's not something I want to get into. I had a merchant be extremely rude to me so I walked out and called my team leader. HE WANTED ME TO GO BACK IN AND HAND THE PHONE TO THE OWNER JUST SO HE KNEW I MADE THE "APPOINTMENT". eff that! im not going back into a place where I was extremely uncomfortable just so he could see I wasn't being dishonest. im sorry people, but if it sounds too good to be true like this company makes it seem, it usually is. please save your time, effort and gas and don't fall for it like I did!

actually make the appointments!

Certified Payment Processing Photos