Certiport Inc.
www.certiport.com American Fork, UT 50 to 149 Employees

Certiport Inc. Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2014
Certiport Inc. – American Fork – “Certiport Headquarters”

Jim Holm

Certiport has been great.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

I have been working at Certiport Inc. full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat boss
Rewarding industry
Feel like we are offering a product that makes a difference

ConsPearson owns us and it is a large company with more red tape than we are used too. We are the middle man between the client and the end user.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand product offerings. Update technology and automation .

Good company with decent benefits, but culture, morale and political issues.

I have been working at Certiport Inc. full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat product, connected to end customer, coworkers are friendly, decent work-life balance.

ConsVery average benefits, slightly lower pay, lots of political issues, very underdevelopment company culture, low to average employee morale, low career progression.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop culture that draw talent. Pay and reward well when company performs well. Invest in team building and cross-functional team relationships.

Certiport is a great company where you can make a real difference right away - it's the best company to work for in Utah

Territory Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Certiport Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat leadership, great products and a great place to work. Since the arrival on the new CEO in 2009 Certiport has developed a very positive atmosphere. He has brought in a lot of new people and done a great job of turning the company around. He came in, set a vision and executed it well. The products are great to sell and they make a difference to the people who use them.

ConsCertiport recently sold to a bigger company and they've promised to run it independently. Only time will tell whether the new company can continue to get the best out its people

Advice to Senior ManagementI've had a chance to do a couple of jobs in my few years here and its good to see people being given a chance to develop and promoted from within

A nice place to work

Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Certiport Inc.

ProsIt's a positive work environment with good people. They are moving in the right direction from a technology viewpoint by updating their processes. They offer flexible work schedules and locations.

ConsThey are using older technologies and tools. Like many companies, they are often short on human resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementKirby seems to be moving the technology department in the right direction.

Certiport - more political than Washington D.C.

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Certiport Inc.

ProsCertiport has one of the best benefits packages for a company of its size. Employees pay around $50 per paycheck for a family for medical, dental and vision coverage. They also have a 5% matching for their 401K plan.

ConsCertiport is one of the most political companies I have worked for. Frequently work is completed based on who you talk to or if you can get the CEO to support your project. It also doesn't help that Certiport has a CIO and CTO for a company of 150 employees and the two individuals rarely agree with each other. Also, nobody is unified around a central vision for growth and success.

Advice to Senior ManagementCertiport management needs to come together around a common goal and project that goal to the company. Don't be afraid to communicate weaknesses as well as strengths.

Frendly working company

Sales Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Certiport Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood company to work with despite all challenging tasks and growth required bt the management team

Consone the company is aquired by Pearson, seems there is no leadership and no clear vision where the company is going. Only time will show...

Great place to work

I have been working at Certiport Inc. full-time

ProsFlexible, fast moving, decent technology and fast growth

ConsCan be chaotic, constant changes

Challenging

I have been working at Certiport Inc. full-time

ProsBenefits were very good, Flexible schedule, information available to most people in the company.

ConsSales driven organization who only cares about the bottom line and not the employees or improving the work environment. The executives were only looking to sale the company which they did now where do we go from here?

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing on the short term and try to build the company right. Instead of looking out for yourselves make all the employees feel important and help everyone grow.

Need a CEO change

I have been working at Certiport Inc.

ProsGreat potential, great customers and clients. Overall good people who work there. It's a business that really makes a difference in people's lives.

ConsCEO is disconnected from the realities of issues. Doesn't seem to ever create a cohesive strategy and vision for the company. Criticizes unnecessarily. Seems uncomfortable in the role. Seems to only think about one thing, himself. Customers don't want him back after a visit. Needs to focus on updating the technology and less about driving exotic cars. He' seems smart and friendly but some interaction seems to seek opportunities for public humiliation of individuals over very minor issues just to show power. One has to question if he does it for lack of self confidence?

One change and this is a great place to work. Although I don't work closely with him, his reputation is well known in the company. One look at his office vs. everyone else's working space and you can see who he cares about most.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees with respect. PTO is too little. Like the small activities we do but need to change the oppressive culture. Too many good people leave fed up with the pettiness and politics.

Good

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSchedule is pretty flexable. Great PTO

ConsPay is really not where it should be

Advice to Senior Managementpay more

Worked for Certiport Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Certiport Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Certiport Inc. CEO Jim Holm. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Certiport Inc. employees.