Certona Reviews

3.1

Meyar Sheik
1 Rating

A fast-growing and evolving company that is Dynamic, Stimulating, and Energetic to be a part of!

Current Employee - SaaS Strategic Account Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - SaaS Strategic Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Certona full-time for less than a year

Pros

The corporate culture here keeps you on your toes, whether you are an Account Manager, Implementation Manager/Engineer, Support Engineer, on the Marketing team or any other member. Each individual I've worked with and talked with is engaged with their work, and interested in the meeting and better understanding the client's needs. I sincerely believe this attitude stems from the top-down management style. The CEO and Senior Management are all very client-centric and also understand that a happy workplace is one with work-life balance. My first day was on a Monday and followed a long holiday weekend, and during my morning tour around the office I noticed something refreshing, colleagues were upbeat, friendly, and engaged in their work. I'm pleased to have accepted the offer!

Cons

This company is only going to continue to grow to meet the demands of the industry, and that requires someone who can adapt to change. The support and structure that the newly hired Training Manager will give is much needed!

Keep up the good work with adapting and evolving to changing business needs and growing customer demands. Continue your success in keeping the client at the center of everything as well as a healthy workplace environment with a positive work/life balance. Continue to hone in on developing the training needs of your employees, one of your most valuable resources.

Hard to keep anyone with a good skill set

I have been working at Certona full-time

Pros

Landing a position here was easy. Now that we are renting space under Kyocera we have more than one bathroom and it gets cleaned daily. Thanks Kyocera for the janitorial services.

Benefits are very good and inline with bigger companies.

A good opportunity for anyone getting back into the work force.

Cons

We can not keep employees with good skills. They work here for a few months to a year and seem to move on.

Many of the current employees are burnt out and very unhappy. I am one of them. We are unhappy because management is so disconnected. Direction within is very poor. We are often short with our coworkers and don't like to help or share knowledge. This may be a big factor in the high turn over.

The CEO and a few of the management don't even respect the newly hired Vice President of Engineering. But I am learning why unless its just rubbing off from management.

We do work many hours and don't get holidays off. But we are tied to the E commerce business so this is expected. Forget family life if you have one.

This is a family owned and run business. They hire their own family members in good positions when they are not qualified.

Management is disconnected.

Be professional! We are looking at you all the time, and if we have poor leadership, how can you expect us to be any better?

If you choose the right people and enable them to spread their wings with a good compensation carrot at the back end of it, you'll have better employees to help take Certona to the next step.

Someone left the review "Advice to Senior Management – Sometimes managers can't be friends with employees, when there is a serious problem you must take care of it" I can honestly see why this person feels this way.

The BEST company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Certona full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great management! Great employees! Excellent compensation package and working conditions. The culture is employee-centric. That attitude comes directly from the CEO. He is a genuine, caring person who recognizes the value of his employees. While it might seem that giving such a high rating is fake, I assure that it is not. I have been working in the corporate high-tech market for over 40 years. Some companies were as large as NCR. This company is doing it right!

Cons

If anything, it is the typical issues that face any fast growing company. For example, technology develops faster than we can develop internal training documentation. But, since every employee is willing to help every other employee and share knowledge, this is not a very big problem. The company is regularly adding team members and things get better almost daily.

Keep on doing what you are doing. Don't rehire the person that gave the "1" rating. They obviously have a challenge recognizing a good thing when they see it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Most employees were good / fair, there were a few that were untrustworthy, sneaky and lied to get thier way.

Current Employee - Operations  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Certona

Pros

Flexible with taking time off. If you dont care about work you, or how people treat you you can just collect a check.

Cons

One person in particular will intentionally leave you out of meetings then make fun of you when you dont know about those subjects...One story I like to discuss, I was rarely shown documents, or included in discussions, when I gave notice suddenly they made fun of and demanded documents that no one else creates and make derrogatory comments about not having them. Jerks...

Worked for Certona? Contribute to the Community!