Cessna

www.cessna.com

Cessna Reviews in Wichita, KS

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Cessna – US – “Cessna Products”

Cessna – US – “Cessna Products”

Cessna President and CEO Scott A. Ernest

Scott A. Ernest

Pros
  • Very understanding of work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• very good company to work for,,good pay (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Always worrying about layoffs and wondering if your job is secure (in 4 reviews)

• Long hours causing a poor work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights
48 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A top-rated company with lots of opportunity and benefits.

Engineer Associate (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsI worked with wonderful employees and employers for many years. Definitely the people I worked with were very good team players with the goal working toward excellent customer service.

ConsI have had no bad experiences myself personally with this company in the 38 years I worked there.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am a responsible, dedicated, and hard worker.

Cessna

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsI had good Co workers

ConsWork/Life Balance was not acceptable

Competitive compensation, layoffs seemed senseless

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Wichita, KS

Proscompetitive salary and benefits, fair work/life balance, good culture

ConsLayoffs and attriction labotomized the company. There seems to be constant management reorganization. There also seems to be an unwillingness to increase salaries to retain talent.

Advice to Senior Managementgive employees clear expectations of performance

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Slower pace, lots of detail paperwork

Engineer (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsCessna seemed interested in finding the right place for me to work.
    They were flexible with my work schedule to accommodate my school class schedule.

ConsIndustry is cyclical and layoffs occur every few years.
    Lots of paperwork and documentation required by FAA. There are months when all you do is write the reports that are needed for certification.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better way to identify the most valuable employees.

Wonderful company, while changes are both good and bad

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsI worked for Cessna over 7 years and while I experienced the high-side of the economy, when it did go bad, the company maintained a professional learning experience for me through those difficult times. Cessna offers numerous growth opportunities and I loved working for them.

ConsThe negative attention on Aviation industries has been felt throughout the company and to its personnel. Compensation advancement is slow and it is feast of famine to keep your job even with a high performance rating or having critical roles in the business and this has unfortunately hurt morale. Now that Beechcraft is being integrated, more work-force reductions will result in talented people being treated as disposable financial numbers. I was made into one.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick up for your department and personnel and give them the chance to advance and be recognized for their contributions and hard work.

Changes for the worse

Customer Service (Current Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsStrong name in aviation since 1927. Wide variety products.

ConsLeadership/Upper management changing with less caring for employees and more caring of profits. Healthcare benefits are poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour people are your greatest resource. You loose the good ones and you will struggle. Change is good unless it is done just to change with no vision of the end results.

Political minefield even more prevalent than at most organizations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsGood pay
    Some very bright people
    Harmonious environment when the economy is good
    Opportunity to network with an incredible customer base
    The brand has a solid reputation

ConsNever seen people who are so deceitful to one another
    Immediate manager is where loyalties need to be had
    Company refuses to innovate due to the cost of certification
    Focus is entirely on the pilot, not the individual writing the check
    The stubbornness of older managers blind them of the companies true fatal flaws
    Mass layoffs are common in every department
    Industry as a whole is extremely volatile
    No diversity (I mean none) and a very old average work force.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is stuck in the past and everyone is either too proud or too scared of losing their positions to say otherwise. Promote transparency, innovate, and learn from your teams. You do not know everything. Stop the inter-office politics and start to support your CEO. Until you all change, it will remain a toxic environment.

Experience at Cessna

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsCessna offers the ability to grow your personal skills and the skills of those around you. The atmosphere is mostly positive and friendly. There is a great opportunity within my department for individuals without a lot of industry experience to get tasked with very challenging and project timeline critical responsibilities. It allows for the opportunity to gain some great experience and valuable knowledge.

ConsCessna does a decent job of recognizing hard work in individuals by giving them larger and more critical tasks. Unfortunately the salary compensation is not there to go along with the increase in responsibilities. The benefits are also not the greatest, but it could be worse.

Politics Rule this place!

Quality Assurance Lead Inspector (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsGreat pay and Benefits, Comfortable working environment. Great opportunity for advancement if you know the right people. Lots of overtime which is great on the pocketbook.

ConsVery political, Its not how good you are at your job...It is who you know that helps you succeed. Always worrying about layoffs and wondering if your job is secure.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like a person and not a number! Take more time to look at the work done by employees and make sure they are rewarded for going above and beyond.

it was very nice

Assembly Tech Engineer (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

Prosvery good company to work for,,good pay..

Conslayoffs,,loss of pay,,loss of senority,,

Advice to Senior Managementhave none

Worked for Cessna? Contribute to the Community!