Ceva Biomune

www.biomunecompany.com

Ceva Biomune Reviews

2.6

Daryl Pint

Physically and mentally demanding position with few retention incentives - "stepping stone"

Current Employee - Technician in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Technician in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Ceva Biomune full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Growing multinational corporation combating worldwide veterinary disease on both an agricultural and domestic level. Lots of very team-oriented and intelligent people to learn from.

Cons

$$$ - an undergrad or graduate level STEM degree won't get paid off working here, let alone support a family living in the area.
    Poor business decisions and accumulating layers of bureaucracy.

Cannot build a company constantly hiring temporary unskilled employees to do the important work while failing to attract and retain competent individuals that promote the values of the organization. Upper management needs to attend seminars/trainings on long-term business planning and proper investment strategies. LISTEN to your employees, they ARE the future.

Not very optimistic about staying here long term

I have been working at Ceva Biomune full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Teamwork among peers in the same department seems to be good, however, most of the problems occur due to lack of understanding of upper management of how people perform their jobs and what they need to perform their jobs correctly to ensure a superior product . This is a great job to learn some technical skills but other than that, it's not worth it to stay long term.

Cons

Upper management doesn't seem to know what's going or how supporting departments and facilities even work. There is poor communication among departments leading to less productivity and more misunderstandings. Upper Management seems to cut corners in a lot of areas. They want to keep production high and costs low. There seems to be no preventative action taken to reduce problems and when a problem does happen its a rush to figure out where and how it happened.

Spend the money on proper facilities and equipment to eliminate contamination issues. Have a concise and consistent training program for new employees in every department. Make an effort to understand how each department works and how it contributes to the company's overall success and make sure the employees know how their role impacts the company. Make an effort to emphasize communication among departments.

Temp

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Ceva Biomune as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Permanent employees get bonuses and raises annually. They throw parties for the holidays and in the summer and for openings of their new buildings.

Cons

My experience was in the CEO department. They treat their temp help very poorly. They overwork them and expect them to do everything a full-time employee does (coming in on weekends, being on call) while paying them less without benefits. They lie to you during the interview, making you believe what you will be doing is very scientific, but all it is is a production line.

Keep a closer eye on your "managers."

Intern

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Ceva Biomune as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Gained exposure to a wide range of laboratory activities. Friendly and diverse environment that encourages asking questions and increasing knowledge about all activities. As an intern I got the opportunity to interact with lots of different people, in areas ranging from safety to management to scientists and lab technicians. Everyone was supportive of CEVA's goals.

Cons

None major- deals with animal science so definitely would not recommend to anyone who is an animal rights activist or easily disturbed by the sight of blood.

This is a fast growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Ceva Biomune full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of potential for growth

Cons

Lacks organization and there several changes on a regular basis

Too many chiefs

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Ceva Biomune as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good work environment, climate controlled

Cons

Too much supervision, low pay

Allow experienced employees to lead

Good place till it went corporate.

Former Employee - Supervisor in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Ceva Biomune full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Steady work, we never had any layoffs. Good place to get started on a career in bioscience. I got a birthday card from the owners.

Cons

Veterinary vaccines are not expensive, so some of the equipment and procedures are antiquated. Salaries were low, but the benefits package very nice. When it went corporate, salaries did not move up, and benefits were reduced.

I'm sure market forces will help you evaluate your compensation packages.

Growing Pains, but fast moving company that is great to work for.

I have been working at Ceva Biomune

Pros

Growth, Opportunity, Innovation. Impact on a global scale, passionate employees.

Cons

developing culture still, fractured departments

show that transparency you claim to have.

A seemingly promising place to work with a poor work culture.

I have been working at Ceva Biomune

Pros

Ceva seems like a great place to work if you are wanting to gain some lab/technical skills.

Cons

The culture of the department I work in seems clicky, unorganized, and uncommunicative to their employees. They expect you to OBSESS over picky details (which are really important as to not contaminate the product); however, they get upset if you work to slow while obsessing over the details. Mixed signals much! Just because Daryl Pint claims to "invest" highly in his employees does not means he enforces it; he should really be watching under a magnify glass to see how department supervisors and other leaders are communicating with their employees.

I feel it is important for the leaders in my department to be more organized, communicative, and most importantly consistent. There are so many new people in our department not being properly trained or communicated with. It is hard to see who is trained on what. Leaders should be organized and consistent in training new employees.