Chadwick Martin Bailey

Updated June 25, 2014
Updated June 25, 2014
3.1

Anne Bailey Berman

Challanging, a little bit quirky, and wicked smart collegues and clients

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Chadwick Martin Bailey full-time

Pros

CMB's commitment to employee development and growth is genuine - the company strives to find win-win opportunities that leverage employee strengths. For people looking to be challenged for their own personal and professional growth, this is a supportive environment in which those goals can be achieved.

There's a great culture of collaboration and comradery among colleagues which is established not just by working together, but also have fun together during the annual summer and holiday parties; after-work Fun Fridays; kickball games; volunteer activities and charitable events; etc.

Cons

Not a con for everyone, but it is a fast-paced environment and requires the ability to manage competing priorities really, really well. Additionally, like many professional services firms, the work can come in waves, so it’s not for people whose strong preference a strict 9-to-5 schedule.

CMB is on the right track; let's keep the positive momentum up!

Top notch company and people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Chadwick Martin Bailey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Despite its size, CMB has some of the most high profile and successful clients in the world. The people are smart and focused, the work is interesting and there's tremendous growth potential.

Cons

CMB is really open, but it's very much a deadline/project driven environment, it takes the right personality: sense of humor, flexibility, and self-direction to be successful here.

Keep improving, CMB has a terrific culture but the industry is changing and we all need to be flexible enough to evolve with it.

May 5, 2014Human Resources Generalist

Great to read your positive remarks! We appreciate the feedback and are glad to hear from an obviously engaged employee. We are always looking to improve and take any and all feedback as input on ... More

Good Learning but Generally Toxic Environment

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Chadwick Martin Bailey full-time for more than a year

Pros

CMB had impressive client list and project managers had opportunity to gain good experience. They believe in the value of continued education so they often had in-house seminars to train the staff.

Cons

Most of the management team has been there for their entire career and have a narrow view of the world. They are good, but not far superior to other research companies as they believe. Can be fun at times, but was a toxic environment.

Eat some humble pie and play nice.

May 5, 2014Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for leaving your feedback on your experience with us while you were here. We certainly appreciate your honest remarks. We are certainly very proud of our work and client list. I will make a ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Small company, co-workers become like family

I worked at Chadwick Martin Bailey full-time

Pros

Training program, learn from the best, management listens to your input

Cons

Long hours, pay is lower than what other similar firms pay

exposed to a wide variety of customized research projects across multiple different industries.

Former Employee - Research Associate  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Chadwick Martin Bailey

Pros

Wide variety of projects keeps work interesting. A open culture that promotes learning, and communication across all levels of the company

Cons

Very data driven, and sometimes a little soft on the analysis and implementation.

Work harder to improve analysis aspect of project to be able to compete with consulting firms as well as major market research firms.

Soul Crushing Place to Work

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Chadwick Martin Bailey

Pros

Everyone here is incredibly intelligent

Cons

Long hours are EXPECTED - honestly, if you value weekends or evenings or some kind of life, do not apply here. You are EXPECTED to put in 65+ hours a week regularly.

Poor pay. I did the math, and based on my salary and number of hours I was putting in, I was making about $7/hour - about minimum wage. Some of the SVPs are like high school students, they are catty, untrustworthy and just not pleasant to work with.

Get a clue - your company break's people's souls

Dec 27, 2013Human Resources Generalist

I know this review was from awhile ago but I would like to address your concerns. First of all, thank you for submitting your thoughts and I'm sorry that you felt this way about your experience with ... More

Pitched as super-smart and ahead of the market, but is in fact incredibly closed-minded where you learn very little.

I have been working at Chadwick Martin Bailey

Pros

Co-workers are nice and take the jobs because they want to learn and grow, hours and working from home are flexible. Promotion is very feasible.

Cons

Learn very little unless you come straight out of undergrad. Lots of politics and conflict. Pay is not very competitive. Career options after CMB not great. Some people who are working there are just not cutting it and management does not manage them out.

Dec 27, 2013Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for providing a review of CMB. I’m glad that you are encouraged by the ability to learn and grow, the flexibility of working here and the possibility of promotion. However, your pros seem ... More

Worked for Chadwick Martin Bailey? Contribute to the Community!