Chainalytics

Chainalytics Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Chainalytics President and CEO Mike Kilgore

Mike Kilgore

Interesting, challenging work; excellent employer

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time for more than a year

ProsChainalytics is a growing company with plenty of opportunities for individuals to emerge as leaders. My experience is that Chainalytics' management respects work-life balance, especially for a consulting company. The work is very interesting, and you get to work with industry-leading, Fortune 500 companies across many industries. The culture is very positive - everyone seems to genuinely respect and enjoy working with one another. You will like your colleagues.

ConsNo major cons. As is the nature of project-based management consulting, there can be periods of time where you are required to put in long hours to meet a deadline, but there is sincere effort by management to try to minimize these situations and avoid employee 'burnout'. Chainalytics can feel a bit like a federation of practice areas each with its own culture, rather than having a 'unified culture', but that is probably true of many consulting companies. Chainalytics needs to get better at coordinating sales opportunities across practice areas. Also, Chainalytics is for self-starters - not necessarily a 'con', but individuals who are not self-starters should look elsewhere. That said, there are plenty of very smart, accomplished people to learn from and collaborate with.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget that the Chainalytics brand is only as good as the people who deliver value to its clients, and that good people are easier to retain than to find / recruit.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time for more than 8 years

ProsRapidly growing supply chain consulting company. On the leading edge of optimization, benchmarking, and process improvements. Great deal of opportunity to grow with the organization.

ConsGrowing pains - getting systems and processes in line to support our growth. Increasing complexity of supply chains driving the company to constantly evolve approaches and techniques to continue to provide excellent services to our customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNice to have some more structure to on-boarding and improvements to internal systems.

Value to your skills, Opportunity to learn a lot and good work-life balance

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time for more than a year

ProsCHAIN values skills and creates a lot of opportunity to learn and grow. Very good work-life balance. They make lot of adjustments to make sure consultants are not burdened and not bored. The projects are similar to any classic management consulting company - very diverse. Repeating clients, customer referrals are too many which shows that quality of output is good. You will hang out with some cool people here :-)

ConsOpportunities are many, but not a lot of organized training. You will get any resource required, but you have to arrange training for yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganize more training for upcoming technologies

Awesome

I have been working at Chainalytics

ProsThe inside name we have for fellow employees is the Chain-gang. It conjures images of laying railroad tracks in the hot sun in shackles, but the reality is something far different. Chainalytics rewards the creation of value. How you look at customers, how you determine and contribute to serve them, how you innovate - all of these aspects of what you bring are part of what is core to the culture. If you attempt to stand out, and if you take chances to create more business and succeed, you will be recognized. The reality is that nothing is easy and success comes from consistent and hard work. So as derogatory as the idea of a chain-gang might seem, its actually pretty appropriate - because in essence we aren't laying railroad tracks, we are connecting continents. I think its a great place to work and I love working here.

ConsIf you are not independent and intrinsically motivated you are not going to like it here. Chainalytics requires that you take ownership of outcomes. Its not that they don't train at all, but if you are expecting to be instructed at a very detailed level on all matters of your job, you are going to fail. They hire do-ers, if you are just along for the ride, you will be purged. Not sure that is really a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs we are dealing with meteoric growth - please keep the culture. We cannot fill spots because we need anybody. We need to retain our culture and only hire people that fit with the idea that anyone can be successful if they are willing to make things happen stay focused, more than 6-12 months, and keep our customers happy in the long run.

Great Company, Great People, Great Work Enviornment

Business Development (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCulture, People, Environment, Empowered, Fun

ConsAt times challenging to collaborate internally

Supply chain

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsProfessional Organization with true expects in supply chain, logistics and packaging. Very professional workplace with good people willing to help out at all times. Employees have the ability to work remotely if desired. Good company for independent employees.

ConsWork life balance is not bad, but comes with peaks and balances. Benefits are below average, typical of a small company. As some staff is remote, social interaction may be limited.

Not so great pay for the work that's done. But interesting people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Chainalytics full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible from a work life balance stand point and there are some dynamic people working there. The culture is nice and not political at all. I approve of the vision of the CEO. He has a great vision for his company I am just not certain he has all the key players in place to help him get there.

ConsThe pay isn't truly in line with what other companies pay for the same positions. I believe that some of the management don't truly see their employee's efforts and it shows when it comes to raises and promotions. Personal growth doesn't seem to be a key factor when employees are brought in.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on career management within.

A rewarding and professional environment.

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time for less than a year

ProsTreated like a professional and expected to do top-notch work and meet your deadlines. Very rewarding to be treated in such a way. The company has a great attitude towards work-life balance and takes advantage of technological advances so that employees can do their work whether in the office, at home or on the road. Fellow employees are at the top of the fields of expertise and have a strong team attitude.

ConsWhen you first start working with the company - it can be a bit overwhelming because so many people are in and out of the office. This makes it difficult to get to know people that you work with. But it gets better with time and the company is currently exploring ways to increase team building activities.

Great employer with a terrific work environment.

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time for less than a year

ProsCulture, compensation and benefits package, great people to work with.

ConsCommute, but that is the way it is in Atlanta for most everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementInspire leaders and develop stars.

Life at CHAIN

Transportation Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat place to be your intelligent best dishing out the best that I can give as a consultant which is exactly why I joined in the first place. CHAIN allows me to be myself in work and personal style. Top consulting clients - Fortune 500, Forbes 100...name it and we work with them. Very flexible and understanding bosses. My team at Transportation are industry pioneers and are some of the most knowledgeable people I've met. Lastly, great work-life balance !

ConsI guess the benefits aspect could improve.

Worked for Chainalytics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chainalytics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chainalytics CEO Mike Kilgore. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Chainalytics employees.