Chainalytics

Chainalytics Reviews

4.3

Chainalytics President and CEO Mike Kilgore
Mike Kilgore

Its a niche consulting company

I have been working at Chainalytics

Pros

Solid supply chain consulting work.

Cons

During peak project times the work can be stressful

Growth and knowledge!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The knowledge of Chainalytics team members and their willingness to share is what drew me in. The opportunities to learn are endless at this rapidly growing firm! The culture at Chainalytics makes it a very comfortable environment in which to work.

Cons

As with any growing company, getting new processes up-and-running can be challenging, but It is positive to see management actively working on streamlining policies and procedures.

Great place to work.

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The culture, atmosphere and overall experience make work enjoyable. Very flexible from a work-life balance perspective. Ability to work from home is a major plus.

Cons

Many employees are remote so if you like the "community" feel of an office you are most likely out of luck. Not as many growth opportunities as you would think.

Be more proactive with raises/compensation. Valued employees shouldn't have to ask.
    Share more of future vision.

Interesting, challenging work; excellent employer

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Chainalytics is a growing company with plenty of opportunities for individuals to emerge as leaders. My experience is that Chainalytics' management respects work-life balance, especially for a consulting company. The work is very interesting, and you get to work with industry-leading, Fortune 500 companies across many industries. The culture is very positive - everyone seems to genuinely respect and enjoy working with one another. You will like your colleagues.

Cons

No major cons. As is the nature of project-based management consulting, there can be periods of time where you are required to put in long hours to meet a deadline, but there is sincere effort by management to try to minimize these situations and avoid employee 'burnout'. Chainalytics can feel a bit like a federation of practice areas each with its own culture, rather than having a 'unified culture', but that is probably true of many consulting companies. Chainalytics needs to get better at coordinating sales opportunities across practice areas. Also, Chainalytics is for self-starters - not necessarily a 'con', but individuals who are not self-starters should look elsewhere. That said, there are plenty of very smart, accomplished people to learn from and collaborate with.

Don't forget that the Chainalytics brand is only as good as the people who deliver value to its clients, and that good people are easier to retain than to find / recruit.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Rapidly growing supply chain consulting company. On the leading edge of optimization, benchmarking, and process improvements. Great deal of opportunity to grow with the organization.

Cons

Growing pains - getting systems and processes in line to support our growth. Increasing complexity of supply chains driving the company to constantly evolve approaches and techniques to continue to provide excellent services to our customers.

Nice to have some more structure to on-boarding and improvements to internal systems.

Value to your skills, Opportunity to learn a lot and good work-life balance

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CHAIN values skills and creates a lot of opportunity to learn and grow. Very good work-life balance. They make lot of adjustments to make sure consultants are not burdened and not bored. The projects are similar to any classic management consulting company - very diverse. Repeating clients, customer referrals are too many which shows that quality of output is good. You will hang out with some cool people here :-)

Cons

Opportunities are many, but not a lot of organized training. You will get any resource required, but you have to arrange training for yourself.

Organize more training for upcoming technologies

Awesome

I have been working at Chainalytics

Pros

The inside name we have for fellow employees is the Chain-gang. It conjures images of laying railroad tracks in the hot sun in shackles, but the reality is something far different. Chainalytics rewards the creation of value. How you look at customers, how you determine and contribute to serve them, how you innovate - all of these aspects of what you bring are part of what is core to the culture. If you attempt to stand out, and if you take chances to create more business and succeed, you will be recognized. The reality is that nothing is easy and success comes from consistent and hard work. So as derogatory as the idea of a chain-gang might seem, its actually pretty appropriate - because in essence we aren't laying railroad tracks, we are connecting continents. I think its a great place to work and I love working here.

Cons

If you are not independent and intrinsically motivated you are not going to like it here. Chainalytics requires that you take ownership of outcomes. Its not that they don't train at all, but if you are expecting to be instructed at a very detailed level on all matters of your job, you are going to fail. They hire do-ers, if you are just along for the ride, you will be purged. Not sure that is really a con.

As we are dealing with meteoric growth - please keep the culture. We cannot fill spots because we need anybody. We need to retain our culture and only hire people that fit with the idea that anyone can be successful if they are willing to make things happen stay focused, more than 6-12 months, and keep our customers happy in the long run.

Great Company, Great People, Great Work Enviornment

Current Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Culture, People, Environment, Empowered, Fun

Cons

At times challenging to collaborate internally

Supply chain

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chainalytics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Professional Organization with true expects in supply chain, logistics and packaging. Very professional workplace with good people willing to help out at all times. Employees have the ability to work remotely if desired. Good company for independent employees.

Cons

Work life balance is not bad, but comes with peaks and balances. Benefits are below average, typical of a small company. As some staff is remote, social interaction may be limited.

Not so great pay for the work that's done. But interesting people

I worked at Chainalytics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible from a work life balance stand point and there are some dynamic people working there. The culture is nice and not political at all. I approve of the vision of the CEO. He has a great vision for his company I am just not certain he has all the key players in place to help him get there.

Cons

The pay isn't truly in line with what other companies pay for the same positions. I believe that some of the management don't truly see their employee's efforts and it shows when it comes to raises and promotions. Personal growth doesn't seem to be a key factor when employees are brought in.

Work on career management within.